The Great Debate

Press D for Dante
Press EdV for Shakespeare

D

Attached: 76CA7FE0-1FC7-4386-B2AC-792CF107417D.jpg (811x455, 56K)

D all the way

L for Lope de Vega

Shakesqueer or Dilletante?

*yawn*

Pope > Blake > Milton > Spenser > Dryden >>>>>> Shakespeare

>Shakespeare
Ahhahahaha

Arda Viraf > Virgil >>>> Dante

D no doubt

B

Big, hard D

Why do you guys like Dante so much ?

Shakespeare is the King of letters. Try all you like, he’s absolutely unmatched.

EdV

because Shakespeare is more popular so choosing the less conventional choice makes them individuals and allows them to pretend that their religious contrarianism grants them a personality.

D

I can relate to his autistic fantasies about Beatrice

the only reason why shakespeare is considereed the best is because of british and american cultural and linguistic dominance. every author has to be matched with shakespeare thanks to that. "this author is the *nationality* Shakespeare!" even when the writer can perfectly compete with him. We have the example of George RR Martin, who gets the (in my opinion undeserved) title of American Tolkien. The english speaking world will never accept that one author is better than Shakespeare, no matter what happens. We have build a leyend around him that will never break. Also
L

Because no writer is better than Shakespeare. Even the Germans realized this centuries ago.

D

Greatness vs greatness. We're better with both of them existing

Cringe

Yeah I read Dante in High School and just remember finding it...tedious I guess? King Lear is very sick tho, I can't remember really loving any other Shakes

try actually reading shakespeare

I'm pretty sure Dante is just a meme at this point. Shakespeare is obviously better, you fucking papists.

>I hear expressions of admiration for Shakespeare made by the distinguished men of several centuries, I can never rid myself of a suspicion that praising him has been a matter of convention.

Attached: witt.jpg (240x334, 21K)