Which language is the best for poetry?

Which language is the best for poetry?

Attached: C3sU74bUkAAn5-Q.jpg (766x547, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_while_John_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_a_better_effect_on_the_teacher
babbel.com/en/magazine/the-10-most-spoken-languages-in-the-world/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know. I would have to master every single language that has produced poetry in order to give an informed opinion.

You are supposed to just mix them all together

GRIEGO, LATÍN, Y ESPAÑOL.

Whatever language you speak

Your native or others that you speak fluently

Comentario basado como de costumbre.
Añadiría francés también.

English is good because it has the profundity of French and the depth of German which gives you many ways to say things.

It does not have the depth of German, neither does French. But English sings nicely.

English feels like a toy language to people who speak romance languages. It's like.. It's so basic. I don't claim to master it but you look at it at its highest level and it doesn't feel complex at all.

Kannada
>unparalleled

lmao you have no idea how languages work

simplicity isn't bad

where then is the Joyce of romance

>No one's said Welsh

It's Welsh and now the thread's over.

What the fuck is going on here? Which language is "best"? Do you realize how vast and non-sensical this question is? It's like asking someone what is the best multiplication table used to for trignometry or which philosophy is the best. Or this might be bait and I fell for it.

that's English then innit

Arabic easily

Russian for sure

Whatever you first language is.
For me its italian

Attached: original.jpg (599x314, 31K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_while_John_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_a_better_effect_on_the_teacher

Chinese, Russian, Finnish, Japanese.

Who is the Finnish Joyce?

Eino Leino

How is german for poetry, if any german-speaking anons know? I've been tentatively learning a bit here and there, and I reckon I'll try to dive into it when I find the time. Grandmother worked as a german teacher for years, so I'm feeling the familial pressure to learn it.

I speak French and I don't really know what you mean by that. The verb conjugations are more elegant maybe, that's about it. The only language that has really tripped me out is the bit of Ancient Greek I studied.

Portuguese, especially when a native is delivering it, feels like asmr to me

babbel.com/en/magazine/the-10-most-spoken-languages-in-the-world/

Germany is known as the land of poets and thinkers for a reason...

I don't have much experience with a bunch of languages, but Japanese poetry is nice.
Is Welsh even worth learning? It seems like almost every Welsh author just writes in English. I've always wanted to learn it but it seems like such a waste of time.

Yeah I certainly believe that it's good. I'm just wondering a bit what it's like; how it flows.

C O P E

That African language with the clicking noises.

Your native language plus reading the poem created in your native language

X',',',',',',','hosa

Romance languages are much simpler than English.

vietnamese

ROMANCE LANGUAGES ARE COMPLEX, BUT EASY; GERMANIC LANGUAGES ARE SIMPLE, BUT DIFFICULT.

sanskrit
all sanskrit works are in poetic form

It's latin everyone else shut the fuck up.

Attached: 1555541660590m.jpg (860x1024, 73K)

They aren't. Spanish alone has more verbal tenses than English.

Are conjugation and declension what make a language complex? Doesn't that make Mandarin the easiest language in the world?

Irrelevant.

>ROMANCE LANGUAGES ARE COMPLEX
no they're not. this isn't necessarily a bad thing btw.

Objectively wrong.

Attached: ir.jpg (1464x776, 400K)

Attached: a.jpg (579x238, 20K)

Do you know of any good resources for learning sanskrit? There's no duolingo course lol

Attached: to be.jpg (460x260, 31K)

>English has the depth of German

Thats so sad chickens have been domesticated and ... i honestly dont even know what cocks have to do with chicks. I know hens sit their fat asses on eggs but what do dickless cocks have to do with any of it? It’s beyond me.

underrated

Attached: aug.jpg (638x960, 436K)

old galician is the real language of poetry

English is a good language for poetry simply due to how loose the grammar "rules" are. Really, grammar in English is more like a loose set of guidelines.

The language has basically lost all of its inflection (OE was as inflected as High German, if not more so) in exchange for a more complicated syntax. That basically means it typically takes more words to say something in English, but you can be unbelievably specific in what you are saying. It also means you can say a lot of words and pretty much say nothing at all.

Not all languages are capable of that. There are actually a lot of languages where specificity is simply impossible.

For example, in many tribal languages world wide, you can say "The bear is in the tree." or "The bear is halfway up the tree.", but there is no mechanism/possible way to say "The bear is 9/10ths of the way up the tree, sitting on the left hand branch, about 4/16th of the length of the branch from the trunk of the tree.". It is actually pretty common for tribal peoples who have encountered English speakers to adopt a pidgin English for when they need to be very specific in what they are trying to convey to others.

There are good reasons for why English has become such a dominant language. Not always elegant but it easily can be. Just like how German can actually be a beautiful singing language despite it usually sound harsh.

>For example, in many tribal languages world wide, you can say "The bear is in the tree." or "The bear is halfway up the tree.", but there is no mechanism/possible way to say "The bear is 9/10ths of the way up the tree, sitting on the left hand branch, about 4/16th of the length of the branch from the trunk of the tree.". It is actually pretty common for tribal peoples who have encountered English speakers to adopt a pidgin English for when they need to be very specific in what they are trying to convey to others.
>Tfw that is much shorter in Irish

Have you actually looked at tribal languages?
There's this language that you HAVE to conjugate the verb telling if you witnessed the action or not.

>Berik, a language of New Guinea, also requires words to encode information that no English speaker considers. Verbs have endings, often obligatory, that tell what time of day something happened

>Chindali, a Bantu language, has a similar feature. One cannot say simply that something happened; the verb ending shows whether it happened just now, earlier today, yesterday or before yesterday.

>There are good reasons for why English has become such a dominant language
It's easy

Irish even tells you if the bear is going up or coming down the tree or just staying there.