Why does everyone write in the same way now?

Why does everyone write in the same way now?

Every person on Twitter or Reddit writes like pic related. Every person on Yea Forums writes in the same way as well.

You can tell how much time a writer spends on the internet by how similar their writing style is to the average user of these platforms.

Attached: 0uQnNkB.png (960x639, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hotelconcierge.tumblr.com/post/173526578129/shame-society
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reddit prose is a very real phenomenon. On Yea Forums you only had trendy vernacular like what you've posted, but with redditors the way they structure their sentences and convey their ideas is uniform. The only way I can describe it is that they write like frustrated sissyfags. They have a swarmy, passive aggressive tone and are overly "nice"

I hate to be a conformist but perhaps you should go the fuck outside you fucking nerd because all this blabbered bullshit obviously comes from a low heart-rate and stagnant stomach. Are you a bitch!? Giving a fuck about the way some morons express themselves? What THE FUCK. DO SOMETHING ELSE YOU BITCH

feel like those terms and phrases are cultivated to most annoy you most. no one in their right mind would say ‘it’s almost as if’ if they weren’t desperate to get on your nerves.

I don't understand how anyone can put up with those smug faggots. So superficial and "trendy".

It's numale 90-110 IQ onions speak. It's common among leftists and chapo types. Unfortunately that includes a lot of lit.

>friendo
>Yikes!
Those are fine lmao

I think the worst part is that it has ruined bait by pretending to be retarded, because it's hard to emulate the style and it's more about how views are expressed than the views themselves. it's way too obvious.

I actively avoid memes i think are forced memes. Like the retards who call themselves "doomers" or that whole age where some sort of outside group kept trying to force memes like doomer, loomer, zoomer, boomer.
Shit is so nauseatingly stupid.

I suppose its a form of signaling. "im the same as you, we are of the same group"

I dont know who you wouldnt want to fucking slit your throat typing most of those words. I hope gay men and blacks are self aware enough to know they have jumped the shark and their slang is cringe now

Like dont come on here and act like you are above you pol tard motherfucker.

How many times are you going to call something "degenerate"
Fucking retard.

The both of you are useless peons who lack control in your lives so you use morality to control others.

Attached: Stirner.jpg (199x172, 11K)

Based and correctpilled
*smarmy, I assume you mean

>t. reddit spacer
yikes and oofpilled

What really gets me is that im from the south, people say the word "ya'll" because of an accent. But you got Yankee liberals out here like typing that shit out.

I want to break into their houses and stomp a mudhole into thier asses then stone cold stun them then do that thing where the guy is laying on the floor and stone cold is yelling in their faces

Attached: stone-cold-steve-austin.jpg (450x450, 14K)

At least Yea Forums jargon doesn't sound as smarmy and entitled as redditspeak.

I know what you mean but it’s hard to pinpoint exactly what it is. They all write in the same smarmy, presumptuous but elementary tone with no self awareness.

Reddit prose is real but OP’s pic is not a very good example.

I don't think that's a good principle to follow. You have fallen for dissociation propaganda and avoid using heuristic devices not because you think they aren't ever effective but because of a perceived social disapproval. If you use this word and a dumb person used that word you are now both equivalent in the minds of your peers and lose pseud cred. Seems like NPC shit to me.

You might also be trolling on purpose though with the stiner meme.

Should be obvious OP. Its mimetic behavior adoption to claim group identity. People want to classify themselves as part of the forward-thinking tech savvy ultra liberal youth crowd, so they all adopt the same lexicon. Yea Forums does the exact same thing with their memes and phrasings.

Twitter/tumblr speak annoys me the most. The expressions on OP's post coupled with writing exclusively lower case and the frequent "afshahfhahsg" to express some kind of emotion because they type like little children for some reason.

This tbqh famalam

Why are you people obsessed with that site? muh sekrit club. You guys remind me of those metal fans that want to be TRVE

Attached: a.jpg (332x284, 15K)

>being involved with the metal culture at all
I have no idea who it is you posted or what TRVE means.

Nobody's obsessed. Your perception might be skewed because you keep posting your Reddit-tier takes and correctly being told to go back.

desu i'm australian and say 'y'all'
'all of you' is clearly inferior and 'you all' is just awkward ans sounds like some korean guy i used to work with

I don't browse Reddit, I don't know how people in Reddit think. I don't define myself by trying to be the everything opposite of people that are on reddit.

Just say "you," retard.

You're saying that there's a hive mind on this place.
>say the correct opinion or else...

Imagine obsessing about how people you will never meet write words and form sentences. Do something for yourself, loser.

Nowhere in that post was it claimed that you browse Reddit. Not only are you Reddit, you can't even read.

>told to go back
Are you retarded?

>you do realize...right?
This is the worst one. People use this cunty phrase constantly when there is no need to be cunty at all. Just for a normal response they'll frame it in this condescending faggoty way

I understand that most people aren't even trying to be annoying faggots they just don't really consciously think about their sentence construction because the automatic use of set phrases takes much less effort, but it's a sign of how unpleasant the typical discourse is that those kinds of phrases are what come most frequently to mind.

>I don't browse Reddit
Yea Forums is just a colony of reddit. it's a conquered website. where do you think these hundreds of millions of users came from? You think they grew organically? Even the mods and janitors are redditors.

2012 was newfag central and look at the difference today. That you don't recognize this makes it obvious where you came from.

Attached: its over.png (1200x800, 53K)

I can tell a nigger to go back to Africa without knowing whether he was born there or not.

>obvious where you came from
Where did you come from? Are reddit and Yea Forums the only places on the internet? I found out about this place when Yea Forums was still the big thing. I came here out of curiosity but didn't stay then later in 2014 I came back and saw the other boards.

Starting sentences with “it’s almost like” is extremely cunty and they all do it.

Mass parallelisation of content delivery/reproduction via social media has created this insufferable cadence. It is the discourse of persons utterly identified with their own electronically-mediated image, so alienated from themselves that they look in on their own acts of enunciation as if watching TV - when you see someone write in this insufferable way, you can practically see them scripting the whole thing in their heads, filling in the laugh track between cliche, reference, cliche. It's how vapid middle-class teenage girls from southern california used to speak in movies in the early 2000s - now the cancer has metastasised beyond any plausible containment. Unironically read the Frankfurt School, they saw this coming years ago. If you're a /pol/tard or the sound of marxism scares you, read McLuhan and Innis instead, they're just as vital.

any particular Frankfurt School recs?

'you lot' is much better

>I actively avoid memes i think are forced memes
>posts stirner

Adorno is your main man for this sort of thing. The Stars Down To Earth is a good starting point. Then Minima Moralia --> Dialectic of Enlightenment ---> The Culture Industry: Selected Essays on Mass Culture (the Routledge Classics one)

my writing is styled after authors dead a hundred years but I'm not going to post that here of all places
anyone who uses emoticons in any context is not human and must be eliminated

Stars looks interesting ty

I've never been to reddit or twitter in my life. Can someone demonstrate normalfag prose versus what a non-retard writes? Actual prose, not internet posts.
>my writing is styled after authors dead a hundred years
iktf. The vast majority of the authors I read lived in mid-1800s to mid-1900s. The couple of modern authors I read sound like they have ADHD, they use more train-of-thought (and poorly. Salinger did it right in CitR to create a strong voice for Holden, contributing to his character and filling out the story's background in a way that avoided info dumping or leaving the present train of events. Modern authors don't understand what he did, and it just sounds like they're jacking themselves off), they'll also namedrop more places, people, groups, and especially material possessions. Characters are shallower and defined more by their actions and affiliations and less by their dispositions and inner nature. Needless to say anything involving sex is not only overused but poorly incorporated, like the author is just so proud someone sucked his pee-pee that he has to brag about it.
To summarize, modern authors are materialistic egotists, older authors had a more introspective, calm nature where they would sit and actually look at the world around them. Modern authors don't actually look at anything, they reconstruct every superficial detail and miss the point entirely. By trying to hard to appear clever they reveal there's absolutely nothing ticking along under the surface.
I'd be interested in a redditard versus non-redditard modern author comparison.

imagine avoiding other websites because incels told you you had to be loyal to Yea Forums culture lmao

reddit is based they have a little something for everybody.

>lol Yea Forums is an echo chamber, not like reddit at all

>imagine...
>incel
>lmao
>reddit is based
one can only hope this is an user's example of the op pic

it's just bait

none of those are on the meme of phrases you don't like, triggered incel.

oh, sweetie...

imagine thinking any post that said Yea Forums isn't a cool sekrit club was b8...

So predictable.

Attached: 294D9A1E-17A4-48D6-8B69-6F85CDC374E2.jpg (1050x741, 142K)

Degenerate Stirnerfag.

Kill yourself, rootless Americanised cityfag.

You haven't captured the prose and tone. Try studying by going into a game of thrones thread on Yea Forums or something. Redditors write pretty similar to "discord trannies"

It's apparently not, but one of these bizarre new posters that clearly can't fit in on their home sites so they came here, but everybody hates them here too. Their formulaic speech is probably a result of being ostracized from everywhere when they try to not speak in pre-approved memes, it's a sort of collective identity for them to hide behind. Not surprising that it has taken the form of trying to seem as aloof and uncaring as possible while obsessively seeking out arguments that they feel comfortable talking about since they have a script for what to say about those topics

y'all mad?

ITT prescriptive autism

One of my friends is a 27 year old man who does things like quote tweeting an opinion he doesn't like and going "yikes, didn't need to see this bigotry" and it makes me want to flush his head down the toilet. He also refuses to use capital letters. It's all a bit infantile and passive in my opinion.

nothing wrong with not using capital letters

>you MUST fit in
Never gonna happen. I refuse to act in a certain way to fit in anywhere.

>give every moron on the planet a platform to express their idiotic opinions in exchange for attention points (SOCIAL APPROVAL MOMMY LOOK AT ME MOMMY PLEASE VALIDATE ME)
>be surprised when every idiot constantly blasts their idiotic opinions like it's gospel truth
Fuck twatter.

It’s because you get the upvote filter showing you the most popular way to write. They read it all day and learn it and the cycle continues.
It’s really insufferable though. People harp on ‘Reddit spacing’ but I spy with my eye Reddit prose and it’s much more accurate.

appending sentences with lmao rofl and such are reddit speak as well

The "reddit spacing" meme is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. You people jumped the shark with that one.

In 2011/12 the cool thing to do on reddit was to swear all the time, they'd upvote recipes that said things like "Fuckin' boil those sons of bitches til they're soft as shit" in their thousands. They're dumb and can easily be told what to like and dislike.

Imagine not being a sissy in 2019 lol.

i say oof and yikes on occasion :((

Who the hell says yall?

In perth we say You's as the plural of you.

Oh yeah clearly drowning in cunt

>It is the discourse of persons
Guzzle nearby gasoline

Middle class liberal young white people on twitter who ant to fit in

Haha I've outsmarted you and your dastardly trap! Now I can go back to my tiny ass dick, to jerking off to my little. Ass. Dick. That's you right now. Tightass

What? Are you retaede? I don't have a rucking script. Retard, I write from the heart. Retard, I am never far

YESS COMMANDANT

Yea Forums is definitely an echo chamber, though

>y'all

Attached: 500x500.jpg (500x500, 81K)

When people say this I find it disingenous. There are trends, but there are many threads that are absolute flamewars between two positions that hate each other, roughly matched in number.

For example where else can you find people mocking white Americans for going extinct alongside other people claiming whites are the master race? One or the other type of post would deleted anywhere else. In fact leddit largely wouldnt allow either of those things to be said, but only middle positions like 'nobody is being replaced', which is also a common sentiment on here when that topic comes up

Yea Forums is an echo chamber for multiple groups at once, with significant overlap between them.

m8 I dont think we are seeing eye to eye on what an echo chamber is. An echo chamber allows only one thing to be spoken, which is then repeated

The entire way the site works, anonymous, barely any bans(and we all know bans dont work), makes enforcing a single opinion about a subject very difficult. Which is not to deny that there are trends and groupthink here, only that out of anywhere on the internet it feels ridiculous to call this site an echo chamber

>not analyzing Viper's you'll as 2pl-dim

It was a different demographic. 2011/2012 was the time of atheism, epic science and bacon. Yeah, it was very cringy but you could find interesting stuff and there was no politics drama.

You're ignoring the entire half of Reddit who writes like a bizarre uncanny valley simulation of Yea Forums, calling anyone and everything based and using kek all the time.

is this the thread where we all pretend we don't have reddit accounts?

someone linked a reddit thread the other day where the entire comment section was people repeating the "Im going to say it' joker meme from tv, and then halfway down the page there was a deleted comment, and a bunch of replies saying things like 'YOU CANT ACTUALLY SAY IT YOU ASSHOLE THAT'S RACIST'

I have no idea what the fuck those people are doing

Every time r*dd*t is mentioned you faggots just can’t believe that someone here doesn’t suck dick like the rest of you. Go back and don’t return

Projecting. I bet you like dudes.
Don't have sex.

pathetic

Attached: 1551032598864.jpg (371x301, 32K)

lmao thats fucking hysterical I'm trying not to actually laugh like a sperg in the cafe at work

Attached: 1555523598664.jpg (544x938, 54K)

>Go back and don’t return
No thanks, I think I'm gonna keep using both websites? How does that make you feel?

my sjw dad (boomer) recently started picking this sort of language up. before he just send messages in a normal way without any bullshit. now the messages are always self-affirming and include exclamation marks and shit. etc. also he sends emojis. he also dresses like a numale and spends most of his free time browsing Occupy Dems and other boomer liberal facebook pages and i think that’s where he gets it from. he unironically wore a safety pin after trump’s inauguration and went to the women’s march, however, he doesn’t really talk like a numale IRL

there are definitely though who do though. i say one fag wearing a bright yellow marvel shirt one time at an airport. he was pudgy with glasses and a beard and had his son with him and i felt so bad for his son. he was referring to him like his friend or like a soccer mom ‘hey buddy, we don’t touch that now do we!’ ‘hey buddy, that’s not how we treat people, right?’ and just seemed awkward and flustered

it was kinda sad

how can you actually live with yourself being this much of a lame bitch?

how can you live with yourself being this much of an impotent cuck?
>p-p-pls go b-back to the mean website
>s-s-tay out of muh sekrit club
pathetic

oof yikes wow... just wow OH BOY

Attached: Cg7Onn9.png (1030x772, 123K)

>I must conform to only using muh anonymous anime nazi website
>I don't want internet strangers to look down on my for using multiple websites
>if you use these words I don't like you must be like this
lmaoing at y'all

>y'all
>from the south
This isn't a vestige from the antebellum south, you brainlet. Fitting image because that guy looks like a brainlet.
It has only been a "southern thing" for the past few decades because of negroe and country influences. And this is limited to city areas. If you go to small town Carolinas and Georgia, rural alabama, you won't find them saying y'all, especially from high class families. You're just some hick that uses the word and thinks it's always been a fixture. pro-tip again, it hasn't and you're delusional if you think it is

huh? some people just use Yea Forums and don't use reddit out of preference. (me)

do you think anyone on this board uses Yea Forums?

>comparing a jar of piss to a pile of shit

there is not much difference between the userbase there and here anymore. Look at my meme. closely examine the figure on the right and tell me honestly that it doesn't describe the average poster on this board.

Go ahead I'll wait.

>I hate the average poster here and compulsively defend reddit whenever it's mentioned
Not to be too much of a dick but...why are you here

What? Everyone in Alabama says y’all in informal settings, especially when addressing a small amount of people.

i feel like there isn't an 'average' poster on this board

>You can tell how much time a writer spends on the internet by how similar their writing style is to the average user of these platforms.
You can tell how much time a person spends on the internet by how even to complain about internet they use internet

I just come here to funpost when I'm taking a shit or waiting on a train tbqh. That's the only productive use for this website.
>we're all special snowflakes irreducible and unanalyzable
sure thing sweaty

nothing's more reddit that using the word "smarmy"

>I just come here to funpost when I'm taking a shit or waiting on a train tbqh. That's the only productive use for this website.
and reddit wonders why we dont like them

>every person from my (limited) social/peer group says it, many of whom where influenced by contemporary cultural fixtures.
Go back 60 years ago, you wouldn't hear a white person saying y'all. The South used to pride themselves on diction, grammar; the reason so many writer's came out of there like Twain and Faulkner. Go back and read literature from then. You won't find any use y'all, unless it's by a black character.

Attached: hes-right-you-know-35662692.png (500x395, 114K)

>i actually believe in generalizations

Attached: Capture.jpg (256x151, 4K)

>generalizations should never be used the world is made up of senseless and disparate data that can never be described without infinite addendum or qualification

Attached: abc.png (226x223, 7K)

spbp

>folks
>y’all
These are completely fine and fairly common

I type y””””””all but usually do what I just did there and have too many inverted commas. Just to show that I’m doing it ironically

>i like 4channel cuz muh free speech
you retards do realize the mods delete anything they don't like, yes?

>mods delete anything they don't like, yes?
I have never once been banned for having unpopular opinions, you fucking nigger. I can can call you a nigger and my post will remain here until the thread 404s because this is Yea Forums.

because the mods don't care about that really. you never know what they'll go for. i got a month ban for being underage because someone said 'what are you 12' and i said 'yes i'm 12'

So it's fair to say you enjoy this website because you are a coward who would never dare speak that way to me in real life for fear of the vicious beating you would promptly receive, and this website allows you to indulge in your power fantasies?

That's the 'edgy' side of reddit in a nutshell. They don't realise that having all these boundaries on what people can joke about means they are doomed to repeat the same stale milquetoast memes until the next round of stale milquetoast memes come out.

>the vicious beating you would promptly receive
sounds suspiciously niggerish

Everyone rural or suburban in GA says y'all, and my parents who came from rural Louisiana and Mississippi also say it. I don't really know what evidence you're expecting to get here, it's very much a Southern thing, even if a handful of aristocrats from 100 years ago refused to say it.

Reported for being underage

Announcing reports is against the rules user. I am afraid you will have to guess what I'm going to do now. :^)

My guess is user is either a woman or some pseudo-intellectual centrist who thinks anything outside of the Overton Window is extremism.

you got me yes i'm 12 but i'll be 18 in a month!

>anyone who disagrees with me is a centrist or a woman
>muh overton window XD
ironic...

The Bundrens in AILD say "you all," which is a pretty uniquely Southern construction and what I use (from KY). But I hear plenty of people, including people who were alive 60 years ago, say "ya'll." The South of your imagination, with debutante balls and an honor culture, etc., is (as you know) long dead and life was never really like that for most people.

we should all adopt random AI generated cut up sequenced phrases, like a scramble suit for words. Immediate fifty-fold banter levels, also a pipeline straight to the All-Life banter mystic/interdimensional demons, how that one will be done, I do not know. Along with triple laundered English = Polish = impoverished arab english = translated Google Alexa back to English

sometimes i feel like i'm the only person here that has never been on reddit. 9gag is a different story though

Congrats, you've said nothing with your post. Suspicious how you didn't seem to disagree with either of my assertations. Wonder why.

not southern until you say "ya'll all" unironically in a sentence and no one even bats at eye

Congrats my post went right over your head. It must happen all the time with a brain as smooth as yours. Go back and read it again until you understand.

does this make the 130IQ southern incel angry? sheesh luis slack a little will yuh?

viper is a language visionary

word

>it's not an echochamber because it allows white nationalists to troll other white nationalists
lmao

>middle positions like 'nobody is being replaced', which is also a common sentiment on here when that topic comes up

noticed this too, really homogenized, effeminate syntax/diction, daily reminder sarcasm is feminine, "it's almost as if" and "you do realize" are just peacocks, appeals to the authority of the reddit Turing flunkie hivemind, the internet algorithmicizes thought and speech

any public forum where any opinion may be opined is inherently not an echo chamber. the people there may not like what they are hearing and may choose to ignore it. this is wholly different than those same people not being able to choose to ignore such an opinion because it never existed in the first place through either extreme moderation, downvotes (thus hiding it completely), shadowbans, etc.

everyone who posts a non-WN sentiment is a troll because to assume otherwise would contradict my reductive narrative around Yea Forums

This is why people tell you to fuck off. You're clearly actually bothered and way too excited to say no-no word and act like a """"toxic"""" faggot without being banned.

just go back.

Attached: 1545901982301.png (645x773, 11K)

reddit spacing

why don't you make me, cuck?
I think you are the one who is bothered. you make these threads and post your "brave" opinions about jews and niggers and women and when someone like me, a true freethinker comes along you say "stop interupting my echochamber REEEEE stay in your box!!!!"

You come to this anonymous website because you've been driven out of everywhere decent and your freakish views have ostracized you in the real world. I come here to laugh at you.

the mods here delete anything they don't like, pseud. Just like on plebbit.

I've only ever browsed other more obscure imageboards passingly. I hope that the atmosphere and attitude of Yea Forums arouses naturally and that the newer newfags will continue to either get assimilated or filtered out

Why do you care? Aren’t there more important or urgent things to think and talk about?

even if ironic, yikes..

>someone like me, a true freethinker
i call bait

blatantly untrue

cope

>all these nerds proving OP right

jeepers creepers, OP

t. janny defense force

>If you go to small town Carolinas and Georgia, rural alabama, you won't find them saying y'all, especially from high class families.

Never been near the South confirmed

2/10 bait, i know you will go to r/Yea Forums anyway.

Attached: 51939053_1140459532801997_8289333601934245888_n.jpg (270x315, 10K)

They're not emulating Southerners, they're emulating blacks.

It feels as though they are always desperate for approval, and I believe this need for validation comes from the up voting function of their website. People are more concerned about their imaginary internet points than the content of what they have to say.

The same thing applies here with gets and (you) farming. I-include me in the screencap!

Why is there a smiley face in this image? That's a harmless show of friendliness and goodwill.

this

>making a text more readable belongs to one site
Are you people retarded? Reddit didn't invent spacing, you moron

Id say there is a very large difference in visibility, on leddit if your post isnt upvoted you cant even see it, people only see the top posts

also (you)s are like downvotes or upvotes depending on if it's a positive reply

I unironically go to reddit, and have left typical reddit-speak comments on threads. Don't @ me

Attached: pepe smug.png (563x542, 260K)

based

Just say "ye", it's the original and best

Not to mention clownworld. Just an embarrassing meme.

>You have fallen for dissociation propaganda
The person defending sooner memes said this

y'all is gender-neutral second-person plural.

Doomer*

>on leddit if your post isnt upvoted you cant even see it, people only see the top posts
That isn't true at all. There are multiple comment sorting options that let you see every comment regardless of karma.

no idea why basedfags try to talk like old black women, cringe central

Mostly republicans/alt-rightists. They are pretty dumb and live of buzzwords.

It's a mixture of emulating the Black Speech of Motown...
...and of needing more gender-neutral words.

>Black Speech of Motown
More like southern hip-hop slang
>...and of needing more gender-neutral words.
Which is ironic given how homophobic ghetto blacks are

Most people on reddit don't use unkarmic view, and karma also gives you better posting access and a permanently recorded public e-phallus.

(you)s have a less consequential effect, and to the extent that they matter they're just a count of replies, not of likes. That means we get (you) farmers who look desperate for attention, but not desperate for approval. That has a different look as those habits bake themselves into each webculture.

>let's unpack this
god, i hate that one

no

'Unpack this' and 'unexamined assumptions' are from the academic-y end of that memecluster. The core theme is the idea that disagreement is only possible through the bluntest sort of ignorance

>"Yeah, I'm from reddit? What ya gonna do about it?!"
Suddenly the influx of Harry Potter apologism on here makes a ton of sense.

Attached: 1518471341001.jpg (480x475, 47K)

t. Tranny

Lmao this is quintessential Reddit-speak

YES

Different sides of the same coin, user

the idea behind the meme is not bad but it gets old fast, especially when people spam it as much as they do

the distinct difference here is that this post of "Yea Forums is definitely an echo chamber, though" isn't downvoted to oblivion/deleted by mods

triggered
based
redpilled
basedboy
>tfw
>mfw

That only happens in particularly shitty subreddits, basically the equivalent of our containment boards

Everything but Yea Forums is a containment board

the mods just deleted the r/philosophy thread, you cuck

Things were so comfy back in 2011-2014. And then gamergate ruined everything. I want to go back.

Attached: 1551880159076.gif (480x152, 169K)

Not much has changed
We still have pepe and wojak (remember when they were called sad frog and feels guy?) and constant tfw no gf threads on every board

I havent seen a tfwnogf thread since like 2012. What we have no are people angrily calling each other incels and roasties

you're browsing the wrong boards
Yea Forums has been making a ding dong didly comeback lately tbħ

that's because this board is supposed to be about literature. The thread was deleted for being off topic, not for having an alternative viewpoint

They are more subtle now. It's usually like this:
>What book/album/clothes/1RM/chainlink stash do I need to get X girl?
>How are you holding up, /board/?

Y'all is a great contraction to use when translating second-person plurals. You:Y'all::I:We

Neutral singular they is good, too.
>he:they
>she:they
>they:they
Perfection.

BIG YIKES FROM ME DAWG

>Engineering student with good grades; smokes marijuana
Just like masturbating making you an innocent Christian.

Attached: The truth.png (1280x720, 1.05M)

I’ve grown so tired Yea Forums. Maybe it’s the news I got from the doctors recently, or perhaps the sands of time taking their toll on me, but the fact you are actively discussing vocabularies in relation to websites and political views is so disappointing. People you normally disagree with can can still have valid and even good ideas. Imagine the shock of a life spent judging vocabulary and deliverance. Disappointing.

Attached: B1FDADAA-9058-4BCD-8F0D-B317244DC1F0.jpg (1000x690, 48K)

My friends constantly use Twitch "memes".
That's a fucking "pepega" from me dude!
Haha, Poggers dude!
OH FUCKING POGCHAMP MAN!
This movie man, ResidentSleeper...
Yes, these are straight quotes.
They wonder why I say I dislike Twitch "culture". I never insult them for it, why would I?
But it still drives me insane, when every conversation we have about practically anything, contains one of these little deaths.

>People you normally disagree with can can still have valid and even good ideas
redditors are not people, they are cockroaches
cringe post gramps

You'll are mob gay.
While my argue, thy nay might say which I enjoy.
Clod thinks, word go drag on.
Leap it fornicate.

What did the doctor told you user

I agree with this post

No you don't.

how does this thread relate to literature?

Female writers and posters

One day user, you too will be an old man. I hope you remember this moment when the terms of your existence are presented.

The implication being that there is a universal understanding between the too, not a situation where one party is clueless of the other’s meaning.

Just the conclusion that every man must face, not going to go into detail, I’ll be going where all that has ever been has gone before me.

It doesn’t, it’s un-necessarily dividing and inflammatory. The work of a sad and idle mind.

Attached: B5B78040-0B61-4372-9F7A-4436DF05AE6C.jpg (480x360, 41K)

>Just the conclusion that every man must face, not going to go into detail, I’ll be going where all that has ever been has gone before me.

Attached: 6GgFS8Q.gif (469x302, 2.73M)

I'm from northern england and we say "your lot"

>universal understanding
No such thing.

At first, I thought that the people who wrote like that on this website were doing it ironically but I'm starting to doubt it seeing what's being posted in this thread and what we've been seeing posted in this board. We have witnessed a lot of leftoid posts lately, and with them, Reddit-speech characterized by its passive aggressiveness and how it looks like something written by children.

So who's enjoying the latest GOT season?

The ones I hate the most are
>YAASSS
>this this this this
>so much this

me

>leftoid posts
it's not lefties though. Resident lit Marxists don't type like that

Fucking DRAGONS am I right?

Leftoid would in this case mean your garden variety neo-liberal.
Other names include:
>libtard
>bugman
>globohomo

Yea Forums "marxists" are chapofags
I wish we had actual commies

Some of the Marxists on this board have given me good recs and my political instincts direct me somewhere to the right of Thomas Carlyle

what fucking universe are you living in where this isn't how faggot twitter and reddit users type?

it's about the use of language in modern culture. it's not strictly literature, but this board allows for discussion of literature, books, authors, reading, writing, and language.

yeah

Fucking yankcuck. Say youse

as society increasingly values social currency over other forms of currency the range of ways in which people express themselves will narrow drastically as other ways of expressing yourself become "socially unprofitable"

long read on this topic but very worthwhile:

hotelconcierge.tumblr.com/post/173526578129/shame-society

It's the "some adult called me 'smart' once when I was twelve" style of writing. Elliot Rodgers had it down pat. Change the subject matter and his sentence structure the same as any SJW trying to save the universe.

some good points but good fucking god he makes Moldbug look concise

I don't really care about the meme but I do think the pepe clown images are adorable.

I die a little inside whenever someone tells me I'm smart

Genius

A certain homogeneity of language patterns is hardwired, but prosaically it's frightening.

>stagnant stomach
top results from googling this are all about qi and Eastern bullshit. what the fuck are you on about?

Is this how the zoomers write? I don't use any of those phrases except an occasional yikes, but I've been saying yikes since I was a kid.

yikes

Y'all in an Australian accent sounds fucking retarded. Youse is correct, you fucking gronk. Also, anyone who says "you guys" or "you all" instead is just as much of a faggot and you should be deported.

Everyone in Australia says youse, I have never heard anyone say y'all in my entire life.

The greater homogenization of internet culture and the influx of normalfags and Redditors here, or ironic posting like people posting shit from Instagram or Twitter.

oof and yikespilled

it's the surest newfag detector

pot belly, low test

2/3 of your post is nothing but /pol/ memes. Gain some self-awareness.

>Mom, look! I'm trolling Yea Forums!!!!!!!!

I have Reddit to watch (HD) Hentai

Yikes and oof probably don't belong on there (I saw them on Yea Forums first) but other than that it's an amazingly accurate chart.

Incisive.

You realize a lot of us crossed over from Yea Forums to Reddit, right? I mean yeah, there's people there who need a sanitized space and buy into the meme of Yea Forums being "the dark corner of the Internet," but if you sort by controversial in any major thread, it's basically like being on Yea Forums in terms of content. It's been like this for at least a few years. The upvote convergence is a real phenomenon (all of them speak in platitudes and memes, exactly like the whole NPC meme), but platform based vernacular has been going away for a while now. No one uses just Facebook, just Twitter, just Reddit, just Yea Forums, not in any appreciable numbers.

This is how they talk.

i'm on that /fitlit/ life bitch. thick legs, no titties, big reads. gonna lift bitches like I turn pages.
WOOOO

Attached: small_town_tranny.jpg (461x640, 74K)

If you're white and from the south. If not, it's a think white yankees do to imitate what they think black people talk like.

That one isn't even a Reddit thing, though, you'll see it on Frogtwitter and even here sometimes.

I do this too. Avoided cultural Marxism once I developed a sense of awareness, minimized use of degenerate to situations where it's appropriate, and haven't used the 4 letter word for a man whose wife or girlfriend has sex with another man since it first cropped up. /ournpcs/ are even more insufferable than libtards, in my experience.

oh fuck off bot-response nigger

Attached: received_2028680053833980.jpg (1080x1663, 121K)

Based

The meme isn't well defined but I think it's part of a sort of ironic detachment, not being able to care because you know the headlines are ridiculous, but you just don't have the energy anymore, so it just becomes funny.

You're retarded.

It's only Reddit spacing when you do it under greentext. They do it because the text editor Reddit uses will continue the quote block without a double space.
>This isn't Reddit spacing
If I was on Reddit this sentence would appear as part of the previous line's greentext.

>So I would type like this and not notice if I was a Reddit newfag posting on Yea Forums for the first time

Dude, it is. Your post added nothing to the discussion, it's just fishing for upvotes by trying to increase the humor of the situation with low effort platitudes. I tried offering an example of what it sounds like but your response was the archetype:
>Everyone's looking at me like a weirdo for laughing so hard at this Edit: thanks for the gold kind stranger.

Damn is that what it is? I have low thyroid and my belly's been sagging even though my arms have more muscle in them than they have in years. Am I going to grow bitch-tits?

Libtard is the only organic meme.

This was the Yea Forums version of the upvote before it became (You). They steal everything we do.

Quentin get off Yea Forums and make more videos you schizo

Fuck off discord tranny

They're not all women, they just talk like them. Masculine spaces are demonized under GloboHomo to prevent alternative networks of power from emerging. Anyone who wants to positively affirm anything has to go through the official channels and violently repressed if those affirmations conflict with the goals of the existing power structure. Men adapt by becoming fags, pretending that they are women, and otherwise internalizing the feminine way of argument (low investment, free from reprisal and hence free to slander, frame, and otherwise misrepresent your opposition knowing you can't get punched in the face for it because the few guys who get involved in the military or police force are pliant idiots who prioritize the law over custom).

>reddit spacing
Sure thing champ.

The western accent has had "y'all" for as long as people have been there, particularly in the mountain west. I blame TEXAS FUCKING SHITS but at the same time it fills its niche exceptionally well.

Ah okay you're an actual dyed in the wool insecure redditor.
>he doesn't laugh himself into tears over his favorite memes
Never gonna make it

Attached: 267131245df7517822a18d0f8b250761.jpg (634x1005, 95K)

Muh:
>Doggos
>Puppers
>Pupperinos
>Furbabies

The majority of people here don't give a shit about (you) farming and just want to throw their 2 cents into the mix, though. That's the beauty of having anonymity and no karma/points/post count bullshit that most forums have. I can't stand normal forums any more, unless it's for a specific niche hobby.

Attached: bird.jpg (564x514, 48K)

The pipeline made used to to transmit talking points from academia to the the general discourse ultimately had a homogenizing effect on the language of the left.

>Avoided cultural Marxism
No, but you have certainly avoided the point.

It's a phrase numbnuts, it doesn't imply you came from reddit, just that you're an idiot

i hate them both
what now

reddit btfo (unironically)

>see chart
>realize I’ve been on Yea Forums for 10 years

How did all of you pre-Reddit anons find Yea Forums? My best friend in high school, the weirdest guy I’ve ever known, showed me Yea Forums back in 2009 just for the shock value. I remember not understanding a word that was said, it was as if it was written in another language. I was hooked right away.

faggot

I posted in the forums on pbnation.com around 2007, and a lot of people in the “Small Talk” section used Yea Forums memes. I went to Yea Forums, didn’t get a thing but stayed for the porn, and the rest is history.

Have sex.

What I'm saying is that I used the term and then realized how cringey it was because I was just using it to refer to anything I didn't like. It's a good litmus test for whether or not the person you're talking to is actually smart or just the right-wing version of an NPC. Smart people don't need to speak in platitudes.

People imitate each other on the internet. It's nothing strange, every larger internet community is memetic and does this. Reddit is just a fucking huge website.

you should listen to your instincts

Kys

Attached: f3ba9c6.jpg (1080x1100, 95K)

>let's unpack this
>let that sink in

Attached: let that sink in.jpg (599x801, 173K)

Attached: deer english poofs.jpg (202x249, 8K)

this isn't real, your brain can only make the nightmare so detailed
wake up soon

>They're not all women, they just talk like them.
formulaic, adjective laden, passive voice

can i ask pol, when they are going to stop saying based?

Im seeing slow inklings of it transform into "baste"

Based is when all your base are belong to us.

Ok nigger.

As soon as the /pol/ boogyman dies off. I thought "have sex" was going to replace it but I still see redditors and pseuds insist on jamming in how much they hate/aren't /pol/ into all the shit they say and respond to despite the fact that the board hasn't been relevant in years, being composed of nothing but constant raids, and benign alt-lighters.

i fucking hate "degenerate". reeks of generic Yea Forums NPC

>T.degenerate
You know what the word means, it communicates the intent effectively, you may just disagree with what is being labeled degenerate or think they are being hyperbolic.

I tend to write more informally and loosely online, but my prose is like that too. I think it comes from rarely reading modern books as a kid.
I noticed this a lot in college. Contemporary authors and the students that study them seem to be afraid of authenticity and "trying too hard". The funny thing is that they try very hard to sound like they aren't trying.
>small town south
>high class families
Don't confuse the Atlanta suburbs with the general South.

this

A ewe's a sheep.

I have a habit of writing really long sentences if I don't reign it in. Not that it's impressive - it's just satisfying to see one come together when all the grammar is handled properly. This is one reason why 18th century or so literature is cool.

Its called language. Everyone speaks like the people they are surrounded with.

2006, my brother showed it to me, it was where all the cat pictures came from he said. Now i'm still here.

I think the problem is that within certain circles, the standardization of terminology has led to the homogenization of thought.

Thank OP for the pic really need this right now
Also the reasons was this

>Yea Forums is just a colony of reddit.
It amazes me that anons still think of Yea Forums as this site that exists on the peripheries. But then again most of the anons are desperate to prove how much of an oldfag they are.

>It amazes me that anons still think of Yea Forums as this site that exists on the peripheries.

Compared to the social media giants it is an irrelevant site. Its alexa rank is 871 to Reddit's 26

One of us!

what happened in 2015?

I think what they're trying to do is demonstrate they're casual and friendly. They see it as being polite.

For cynical jaded fags like us, it comes off as a simpering affectation and deeply insincere, like a salesman. Performative sincerity is what I call it. Many people honestly don't notice it.

The terms identified in the image are coming from an attitude wherein the pose is failing and passive aggressive responses are starting to slip through the cracks. We're seeing what happens when cowards whose behavior is dictated by social norms attempt to be mean. Fun internet slang popular with black teens, pop culture references, safe insults that nobody is actually offended by like "toxic."

These are people who have never called each other faggots or retards. That's too scary for them, so they say "folks" like they heard Obama say in a campaign speech. Personally I find it incredibly creepy. I think if they called a black person a "nigger" just once, out loud, they would feel a lot better.

No.... reddit used to be like the left side, but it is so mainstream now that it is essentially anonymous Facebook. So when you read a reddit post you imagine that it might be some intelligent young college student, but it's probably somebody's fat mom.

I think the fappening. Yea Forums actually got really big around then, smaller boards felt a more immediate impact with the after math of gamergate and the election but the fappening caused the current infestation once the migrants settled in.

>Compared to the social media giants it is an irrelevant site.
>Its alexa rank is 871 to Reddit's 26

That doesn't make it some obscure site like many newfags seem to think, it's mainstream as fuck and nothing actually comes out of Yea Forums anymore.

(To be clear, I'm not disagreeing with your point that Yea Forums these days is a just a colony of reddit.)

People may know what it is but it's not mainstream as fuck, only a small minority of the population come here.

It's not obscure or secret, but it's still a fringe site and a lot of normalfags have a very distorted understanding of what the site is

There are people who genuinely still think Yea Forums is the centre of the site

>muh not so sekrit club
lmao kys incel

Do you disagree with a single thing I said

>People may know what it is but it's not mainstream as fuck, only a small minority of the population come here.
Maybe it's not mainstream in terms of popularity these days but everything that appears Yea Forums can be found elsewhere, to the point where I think most content, if not all, originate somewhere else. My main point being is that it's not this counter-cultural force. Yea Forums is nothing now. It's barely any different than anywhere else.

I think pol is probably the single largest forum that allows nazis to congregate and openly discuss gassing Jews or whatever. Am I just not aware of other sites that allow that or what?

i'm sitting in bryson city, north carolina, and this user is a fucking retard

>Am I just not aware of other sites that allow that or what?
Maybe not as openly as you want it to be but most discussions involving politics on online platform like the youtube comments section, twitter, subreddits usually descend into a /pol/-esque discussion that's maybe two or one steps removed from an actual /pol/ discussion.

But ok, lets pretend Yea Forums is the only site that allows this type of shit, everything else on Yea Forums? You can basically find elsewhere, probably on a reddit or youtube compilation. Yea Forums is part of the homogeneous blur that is the internet now.

>He also refuses to use capital letters.
I see this a lot on Yea Forums. It's disgraceful.

t. 18 year old Yea Forums NPC that thinks everything is "degenerate"

Why do people use the term "Antebellum South" like it's a geographic location? Antebellum means "pre-war", the Antebellum South is a historical period not a place.

Conformity is the reason.

Most boards on Yea Forums won't knock you for failing to conform to a specific dialect. They might raise their ire if one is conforming to a diction or style of writing from another website, but otherwise there's this sense of posting without a filter. Speaking in a manner that appeals to conformity is as much a filter as political correctness, in a way. You see people complain about the quality of threads when conformity grows too high, since it turns discussion into circlejerks and punishes contrarianism.

The only place on Yea Forums where conformity is mandated is /pol/, and that's because of how much they're politicized. Failing to speak in an extremely partisan manner is grounds for being called a subversive. People use Nigger to conform, not to express themselves.
Twitter and Reddit are both politicized too, and the systems built into the websites reward conformity as well.