Will human immortality render philosophy obsolete?

Attached: pigbrain.png (595x715, 423K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KDqh-r8TQgs
immortal-jellyfish.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No
A human can spend an eternity alive and still not completely understand itself

it already has

every day science btfo philosophy and religion by doing what they had pronounced to be impossible

>l o l teleology and formal cause bruh
>*science proves these are superfluous*
>lmao high can't come from da lower xDD it's LOGIC(trademark)
>*science proves evolution*
>duuude like, slaves just gotta be slaves man, obey ur masterrs :^)
>*science invents technology rendering slavery obsolete*
>uhhhh, like, souls and body dualism dichotomy kek
>*science proves consciousness is a totally material process*
>m-muh i-immortality and after life...
>*science literally about to roll up its sleeves and prove them wrong again*
amazing

If anything it will make it more pertinent

Humans ain’t gonna be around on Earth for much longer lmao. You can thank “Science.”

These sorts of *ironic* posts are the fucking scourge of this board. It's neither clever nor funny, what's the point?

The claim that science is all that is needed is not empirically verifiable, and thus, not scientific.

Maybe it will make philosophy more relevant than ever. Immortality means we'll all have an awful lot of time to examine life.

>if I pretend he wasn't serious I can pretend my position wasn't just demolished

>if i use a physical verb it’ll make my statement sound more believable

Literally Herbert West reanimator tier

If you were serious, then the tone was childish. Also philosophy deals mostly with subjects which simply cannot be dealt with by science.

Both philosophy and science are slaves to the God of Capital

BASED, and, if I may be so bold, quite redpilled indeed good sir

I like your style

this outlook is invalid, assuming an antiquated idea of scientific method, like thinking doctors are the same sort of sawbones types they were during the civil war and haven't become a vastly more sophisticated occupation since.

as technology continues to advance, the amount of the world that will be able to be brought under scientific scrutiny will also increase, and when you couple this with the more and more precise specialized areas of study, you will soon see that all of life will be explicable by scientific method and, as I pointed out, there is already a ream of subjects/fields of life that were previously thought unanswerable by science and belonging to unscientific fields

cum

Russians did this 100 years ago. Accelerationism is a shit meme.
youtu.be/KDqh-r8TQgs

Sad bait. It's an easy concept to execute, too, which makes your overreach all the more glaring.

This.
Even with our normal human lifespans our memories fade and become obscured. Imagine living so long your own childhood and development as a person become completely unrecallable. As far as you can remember you've just always existed. The amount of philosophical reckoning required would make our mortal existence seem simple in comparison.
Even if you go the route of digital immortality, as you live longer and longer, the sheer amount of temporal episodic memories you accumulate and your digitally enabled perfect recall would utterly fuck with your relationship with time and causality. You would need a pretty sophisticated philosophical system to be able to cope with that.

No, though it will probably curb religion. As Freud said religion will be around as long as people fear death.

It makes me incredibly happy to see those good boys safe

Ironic from a satanist

Freud was a tard tho

You don't know shit.
You probably have never read post modernist philosophy even once but talk about scientific progress as if you knew anything about it at all

Fucking pigs. They timed this for the Chinese year of the pig.

>Will human immortality render philosophy obsolete?

>1990: The End of History
>2020: The End of Philosophy
Silliness. Philosophy was finished in the 19th century

Attached: 0802_jellyfish.jpg (876x876, 551K)

Copy/paste didn't work

immortal-jellyfish.com/

>« Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ » !mxvabIoSIE
works for me

yes.
until I fucking kill you.

Why would anyone want to be immortal

Love of life.

Love of life comes from the inevitability of death

No, not really. It is about living.
And "immortality" is an odd word. If I had the potential to live forever I might take pause. After three hundred thousand years I might want to let it go.

Addendum
I admit that knowing your life is finite makes it feel more precious. It doesn’t make me embrace death anymore though.

No why woude it? And it won't be real imortality there still be an end somewhere.