The go to book for gothic restoration literary fiction. If not the only one probably

The go to book for gothic restoration literary fiction. If not the only one probably.

Attached: 6129332947_48bd90a21b_b.jpg (680x1024, 232K)

what do you mean

that book was great, I should reread it
>tfw see a kingfisher

After the incineration of Notre Dame cathedral roof and the collapse of """the spire''""", this book is suddenly worth reading again. The folly of man and all that.

>"""the spire''""",
*wink wink*

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

The folly of wood

Or “””””wood”””””?

electrical fault more likely.

good joke brainlet, can’t believe people actually buy that lmao

or a top tier based arsonist. that'd be good.

Pretty different book if the story is about making a widely admired and stable spire which some careless bugger burns down by accident. Oh the folly of man! To abstain from health and safety precautions! Was it not ever so?

That is not quite what the book is about. Nor my reason for posting the cover. Never the less, it is an outstanding piece of literature overlooked by /lit and it's themes will be timely as the 800 billion euros bonanza gets underway with the restoration.

The inheritors was good also.

Bloody auto finish :/

>bonanza
The cowboys, consultants and assorted cheap suits will have already sensed a feeding frenzy. As for the monument it had been filthy and neglected until it resembled a slum. Better to let it collapse into decacy than put it through the machinations of the financiers.

I enjoyed The Spire but had no idea a character had been killed off until the end of the book.
Not sure if the reader’s fault or the writer’s for the lack of clarity

This happens to me often as well. That after finishing a book I find I've completely missed a major plot device. It's an incredible technique of authorship.

I'm the same. I'll be completely oblivious because I'm just reading reading reading and then it ends. I want the author to tell me what he's saying, I guess. It's not until I talk with others about the book or read it again that I start to see other layers. Reading can be a chore like that sometimes, but I think it's worth the slog.

see also
Charlatans, Raconteurs,
Embezelers, the fraudulent
>Cowboys

Oh, very droll.
You know what user, you had better think about all those proverbs advising silence. That was Muslims. Don't question it. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from pursuing any so-called rabbit holes, or worrying about the matter any further.

Attached: XPlus-Godzilla-62-NightSky-Big.jpg (1479x800, 159K)

I wasn't being droll in the slightest, instead : sincere.

It was all downhill after Martin Amis.

Kingsley certainly.

What happens?

Two generations from my existence people thought about things