Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: AB89C212-9EEF-4141-AA88-FC7753B4FEF6.jpg (1400x2092, 303K)

>Smerdyakov is the son of Fyodor Karamazov

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

amazing in every way. I cant really put it in a 4chin post.

P&V lmao

Haven't read it but I regularly tell people it's my favourite book

this but unironically

Along with his C&P and Demons, three of the best novels to have ever been written.
And whoever puts Tolstoy at the level of this man deserves to be crucified

Attached: dostoievski_1.jpg (356x600, 38K)

Is it unpopular to say that Dostoevsky is a philosopher first, and a novelist second? I genuinely think that his philosophy almost completely overshadows all the intrigue, however good it may be. He was quite ahead in his time in terms of ideas as well. Anyone else thinks this way?

>Using the inferior cover art

Attached: The Brothers Karamazov.jpg (313x500, 45K)

I couldn't get through it and I love Dostoyevsky. Read House of the Dead instead. Also The Idiot is his most enjoyable book. The ending, wew, really made me think.

Tolstoy is lightyears ahead of Dostoevsky

Attached: TOlstoy graiffit .jpg (500x312, 44K)

Not really, also Turgenev , he did the turn of the milieu betterer than what Tolstoy did. IMHO.

Attached: 1FCC67B9-562D-41A8-81F7-AA338714C911.jpg (640x565, 163K)

>le ebin comedian pretending to be a misunderstood literary genius

We don't know who the father is because it doesn't matter
T. just finished the first book

I'd say Dosto is more of a religious psychotherapist than philosopher.

House of the dead is great, especially the 2 chapters where they organise a play for Christmas, it's amazingly written. Reading the idiot after tome 2 of brothers karamazov

But we do know
t. someone who has read the whole book

Spot on. I’ve just finished this book and that’s exactly what I think.

I will say that Crime & Punishment is the only book I’ve read of his that has an strong plot.

He was a genius though.

>tfw no qt Alyosha bf
Why live?

You are wrong about everything.

The the fuck is that?
And why do you consider his opinion to be important?

It was the first book I have ever read that made me physically cringe with it's lunatic religious idolatry. As Nabokov once said ''some of his scenes are incredibly amusing'', even though it's in consequence of the Dosto over the top bigotry and the absurb behavior of it's characters
Nor a masterpiece, nor great. It's a experience, but one that has to be left in the past

Based

Turgenev is definitely not better than Tolstoy, I think he said something like his work was mere chicken scratch compared to the flowing sentences of Tolstoy. Still like him but Father’s and Sons is barely as good as Tolstoy’s juvenilia.
Dostoevsky’s shortcomings as a stylist are a bit overstated. He is capable of great, great writing aesthetically, but he is inconsistent, probably due to the fact that he basically never revised shit because he was always rushing to pay off debts or beat a deadline. One shortcoming that I admit is his women, they are all the same, saintly whores. But Tolstoy’s women are similar too, he just went hard with AK, other than Anna (and I mean only Anna, Kitty is lacking) his women are not all that great. Further, I think Dostoevsky is ahead when it comes to his epiphanic and hierophanic scenes. Tolstoy was a Christian for egotistical reasons, Dostoevsky was a Christian because he knew he was a great sinner, and when you have read through each of them closely, it does become apparent.

Still love them both to death and read them both. Tolstoy is greater at the technical aspects of writing, the skill side, while Dostoevsky has the x-factor. W&P, AK, C&P, and TBK should be read on repeat for as long as you can manage it, biannually at least.

100% fantasized about twink-alyosha

I was expecting there would be some homoerotic content involving Alyosha ngl

this

>hating on based Norm for giving an opinion

>enev is definitely not better than T
He definitely is.

>Still love them both to death and read them both
Obviously this is the correct answer but if we all had that opinion there'd be no plebs now

the best

The cutest girls.

Constance Garnett is still the best

t. anglo

Lise is such a qt, every page with her and Alyosha was great.

did she get raped by Ivan?