Self-auto-ego-didactical problems

How the FUCK do i learn several things at the same time?

I'm trying to learn, music, philosophy, math, 2 languages, while staying fit, working a job that requires a lot of effort, and i find it almost impossible to make much progress at all, in any of these things.

If i work at any one of these things i make rapid progress, so none of them are too hard. Its not simply that a i have too little time either. I feel like i made more progress when i spent 1 hour on one of these things, then spent 15 hours playing videogames than now, where i spend almost all my free time on it, and have like 2-3 hours for each activity.

I'm not tired either. The only

Attached: file.png (330x330, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eUtBJK7yyaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you are not a genius. pick one subject at a time and be patient.

problems seems to be how i cant fully immerse myself in one thing. Being obsessed over something is the only way to learn anything quickly, in my experience at least.

the post broke because my Yea Forums x is fucked up atm

Jack of all trades, master of none. Pick ONE you fuck.

little bits as you can - and just keep at it.

utterly agree that that sux. totally. so maybe everyone once and a while indulge in one thing as you like - but then go back to the daily/weekly bit by bit - if you want/need to go in so many directions at once.

Not OP, but aren't it how subjects are taught at school and college?

You forget most of what you learn. Experience is how you become a true master.

>music
Give up, you're not talented
>philosophy
Give up, you're not smart
>math
Give up, see reasons above
>languages
Give up, language-learning is a meme
>fit
Give up, you're gonna be a virgin forever
>working
Give up, capitalism will drive you into the grave
There you go, just freed you up a bunch of time, no need to thank me!

The problem is that most learning seems to be done when not working on the subject, in a more relaxed state, just randomly thinking aobut stuff in the shower or going to bed. No idea how to solve this. I thought about doing like an uberman sleep schedule, and working on one subject every waking period, but all my research points towards that being very unhealthy.

Shut up incel

You're wrong though. I know i have talent for each one of these on their own. Also, i'm not trying to become an expert in more than one of these things.

id disagree.

that's not when learning happens, but it is often when problems get solved or pieces get rearranged. standard art practice. that isn't controllable regardless and you focus on the things you need to digest somewhat unconsciously and they add up and combine when they can - so you can weigh your load toward specific topics to tilt the scale but its beyond control.

Should I just spent less time overall on each to thing? Or have a rotation?

rotate.
binge when you can.
always be making progress.
die exhausted.

just b urself

fpbp

Youre gonna have to go one at a time if you want to actually get good at them and will generally take years to even be decent at. We just arent alive long enough bro

IKTFB

You will have to take a lot of time with something to develop a true and deep understanding of it. The time spent must be meaningful and proggressively plateaued. A good way at least to be slightly more efficient is to cross two studies over, say reading a philosophical text in your target language. Try to find more ways to do that. I would also add you need time to do all these things with reasonable regularity (no less than twice a week I would say).

All that being said, you may be overloading yourself or not enjoying it. The process is much better when you actually like what you do and if you're cramming too much information in one day it may be too much for your mind. Just my thoughts.

I have the same issue, I'm a jack of all trades and master of none because I have so many interests and I think it's also a symptom of the era. In the end just do it for your own enjoyment without the thought of impressing others and I think you'll do well.

Attached: 591EE503-4124-4D0B-BE73-FB3A7E0878B4.jpg (680x490, 94K)

Attached: 5E9A8B8B-8C73-4D30-9725-C76F760C405C.jpg (710x473, 126K)

Read Gravity's Rainbow

Do you have the one where hes cucking himself with his own brain?

Hahahaha no

you need to be gifted and have adhd with stimulant medication

Attached: 1F1AD631-3ED6-4FF6-AF94-73BBA5070549.jpg (950x760, 103K)

Feynman wasn’t

Attached: 1ECFAEFA-2BC1-4191-959A-0A4C0C48A879.jpg (720x1043, 86K)

leave the internet

OP this is the only good advice on this thread

It really isn't. I've done dopamine fasts or gone off the internet for a month, and other than giving more time it doesn't really do anything. I don't use Yea Forums, reddit ect much anyways.

then there's no hope for you retard

Make a thread on lit about learning them instead of actually trying to learn them

Better yet, every time you are about to waste time on the internet, go to Google scholar, type in whatever inquiry you fancy, and find something to learn about instead.
The internet has too much didactic power to abandon.

yes i know, but it's 95% tv and 5% didactic of course i'm exaggerating but you get the point

but to do that you need some other form of leisure (google translator) so you don't rely on the internet for that. because internet is too distractive

Dude go away. I'm better than you at every thing I listed. I spend almost zero time on lit. If I smashed my router I would have literally one or two percent more time to learn stuff.

I’m interested in the same facets as you apart from and including architecture, I don’t come on here for advice because it takes simple common sense to know what you have to do, read read read, practice practice practice, you internally know what you have to do, I know you do you’re better than that, happy sailing brother, good luck to you o curious one

Attached: 5C05CB34-102B-49D8-831D-9C8FF75AD8A9.jpg (1984x962, 102K)

Adding to my point, I got something based for you

Attached: 21E9E3E0-3F94-472D-BD8A-9E134231E07C.jpg (1043x1807, 382K)

we're not the same user retarded OP

This made me laugh

You tryna pull a shrekli, that’ll never happen

Attached: 6552BB71-5588-4B1B-9976-84B826647783.jpg (660x371, 28K)

Based, men aren’t cut like that anymore, instead they turn to the internet for advice they already know, stoking off to reassurance

Attached: 28AD8FF7-74E9-4F28-96A0-98B8F0C21F4B.jpg (1125x1063, 518K)

>job

This alone fucks you up.

And I agree that a job plus any desire to stay fit plus chores leaves practically zero time for edification

i fucked up
recommend books please

Attached: 11753FBB-3CCF-4B08-96A0-ACC6EF8DBC0E.jpg (1125x927, 101K)

do you recapitulate at the end of each session or just switch topics without such fortification?
your brain might not receive distinct enough stimuli to create "noise barriers" between the different topics and this inhibits the learning effect of which you used to be so confident.

and recapitulations at the beginning of the next lesson are less useful because the intended progress happens while you sleep and the brain fortifies itself based on the stimuli of the previous day.

For real especially for me eight worthless hours rather just be working out or reading. Probably would be way happier. The humans need to work meme is just a normie cope

I suck at most of those subject, but I can give you advice about music. Download a DAW (I suggest Ableton Live) and study music theory. Then study film score composition. I say film score in particular because composers of contemporary classical music don't really have tutorials available online, and they use real instruments. Not Vsts. Film scorers however have embraced the internet and computer technology's relationship with music creation. It's basically the same thing too. Google Rick Beato. I believe that if you're diligent, you can create a worthwhile piece of music in 6 months.

>study film score composition
Say no more, I got you

Attached: 6CD5D7D5-9979-445B-9B7F-773AA4CACDA9.jpg (1121x1544, 428K)

Recapitulation? I take 15 minute brakes if i can, and try to make a summary, or explain what i went through (in my head)

I work mostly on jazz/classical improv, but i actually do work on film scores. My meme is basically that i spend one or two days transcribing a score from either a movie or a game, then spend a day or two rewriting it to be more jazzy, and then play around with it in free improv for the rest of the week, and repeat. It is pretty cool, because movie and game scores are so often polar opposites, but they're often somewhat ambient, which makes them easy to solo over.

He's on the highest level. If you can understand some of his ideas, you're very advanced, user.

That's an effective method, particularly in your case because you're soloing instead of just covering. How long have you been using it? Once it becomes easy for you, move on to writing original compositions with a DAW. (Unless you have the money to hire an orchestra, ha)

I've only been doing it for 2 months or so. It does get easier, honestly, music is the case where this matters the least, because, at least in my case, its not that "heady" and is mostly in the ears and fingers, so it is very different from say machine learning and philosophy which have to be studied in almost the same way. My goal is to be able to stuff like this

youtube.com/watch?v=eUtBJK7yyaE

I dont think this way improvised, but it could have been.