I finished Infinite Jest a week ago.Am i ready for it?

I finished Infinite Jest a week ago.Am i ready for it?

Attached: gr.jpg (325x500, 28K)

Not even close. IJ is like YA compared to Gravity's Rainbow in terms of sheer complexity.

What's so hard about it?Did i mess up by alreading ordering it 3 days ago...

>Did i mess up by alreading ordering it 3 days ago...
no lol, even if your not ready it's not like the book's gonna disappear
anyways, gr is a lot more complex than ij, but you could probably still read it - i don't know, maybe try pynchon's easier works beforehand

Honestly dude, I can't explain it cause I read it after IJ and got 200 pages in before I gave up. It's just way more exhausting, and I wasn't ready for it at the time.

Read V. first.

Attached: A lit Guide to Pynchon.jpg (1222x3649, 1.52M)

someone, make on of these for melville

1. Read Moby-Dick, unabridged
2. Done

Bartleby and Billy Budd are crucial though.

Sure. It's hardly rocket science

Is Pynchon worth reading if I'm not into amerimutt "culture", WW2, or PoMeme?

Is that cover canvas? Please say it’s some sort of fabric. That would be so aesthetic.

No, go read something that speaks to you.

Or if you want to try something less intense first, try Catch-22.

no, it's laminated paper

Bummer. Thanks.

It is quite a bummer that there are no nice editions of GR in circulation

what's wrong with the latest one?

I'm not convinced that it is printed on delicious creamy acid free paper

this
vineland is a bourgeoisie filter

Found a English first edition hardback of Mason and dixon in a 2nd hand shop today for £10. Worth getting even though I haven't read any pynchon yet?

yes. However keep in mind Mason & Dixon is easily his hardest novel.

i thought that was against the day

Against the Day isn't particularly difficult by Pynchon's standards, just very long

just fucking read it and dont listen to that retard thats gonna show up and tell you to buy the guide too

just look up shit online youll appreciate and undestand the next better than the handholding guide

and guidefag, eat shit bitch

I'm reading IJ right now. What's a good bridge between that and GR? IJ takes about 75-80% of my capacity to handle. Not sure I could read a much more complex book at this point even though the diction/vocab in IJ is somewhat easy.

The Recognitions, perhaps

no theyre not. one’s a meme, the other is just a less sophisticated larp.

Lot 49

>My experience is an objective truth

Lol, GR was my first ever pynch and I found it mostly a breeze, apart from some bits in Part 4. IJ took me two months, and I could hardly understand what was happening without an accompanying text.

lol okay

Serious question: why should I read these books? I refuse to buy them unless there's some magic to them that I wouldn't want to not know before I die. What the fuck do people keep calling it complex for? What the fuck is this shit about a guide? Is it a puzzle or something? I've never been "stumped" as easily as not being able to understand a book or something creative

You should read gravity's rainbow because it's hilarious, poignant, and incredibly creative. Not sure about IJ.
People call it complex because of the nonlinear narrative structure, obscure allusions, sometimes obtuse/difficult prose (you'll understand if you read it, some sections are ultra dense and hard to comprehend), e.t.c. People exaggerate tho, most of the book is "easy" to read if you're a relatively intelligent person. You can totally read it without a guide it just helps sometimes to keep track of stuff cuz it's so long

Bought the "Where's Waldo?" edition of V. And I can confirm, the text is just a fucking joke. Some letters are gone, I even got a whole line blank at page 247 for no reason (the line it under was cut in the middle), and anyway it's fucking ugly because the ink leaked during the print.

>Did I mess up by ordering it 3 days ago
Kill yourself faggot, read the fucking book, happy sailing

Attached: 7C02F6BD-53BE-4B25-B1F3-97688DD9BFFA.png (720x517, 473K)

another shill from clown world how many ya gotta look at

Attached: bored.jpg (304x302, 14K)

So, if I'm new to reading, what books exactly should I read before getting to the Meme Trilogy? (I already know The Odyssey and a Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man for Ulysses, and Pynchon's earlier works for Gravity's Rainbow)

1984 > The Wanting Seed > Lot 49

GR and IJ are quintessential postmodernist novels which is to say instead of telling you a conventional elegant story with meaning they present you with a spasmodic schizophrenic ramblings, barely coherent outbursts of disjointed quasi-related, loosely thematic threads all described in a grammar-defying, thesaurus-up-your-ass sorry-fell-aslee-on-my-typewriter-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr prose.
They're unique books you have to experience for yourself, even if it's something that doesn't appeal to your literary tastes.

what was Hitler's tax policy?

I gotcha, thanks. I've seen a few threads on it but couldn't figure out exactly what the book's angle was. I might look into it after all.

I started with Gravity's Rainbow. With Joyce it is arguably more important to read preceding texts, but honestly if you want to read GR just go for it, don't waste your time reading other books, the references to his earlier novels are very minor

One scrotum nut minus two paisley hairs selected from specific panties

Attached: AB4A6E57-1D88-4F70-AC2F-ACC18C28CC9E.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

khazar m i l k e r s

Jews get taxed with their lives.

Do I hate jews? Yes
Would I nestle my face on Abigail's sumptuous mammaries, lock my trembling lips to her perky nip and suckle on it like a starving baby as she lovingly cradles me into sleep with some hebrew lullaby? Yes.

IJ is filled with truths and feels like a before-its-time response to late 2010s clownworld. It's one of the coolest books I've ever read. I can't stop thinking about it

>polfag is retarded
checks out