Based Pynchon

based Pynchon
>"My grandfather ran off the V-2 rocket film a dozen times and then hoped that some day our cities would open up and let the green and the land and the wilderness in more, to remind people that we're allotted a little space on earth and that we survive in that wilderness that can take back what it has given, as easily as blowing its breath on us or sending the sea to tell us we are not so big. When we forget how close the wilderness is in the night, my grandpa said, some day it will come in and get us, for we will have forgotten how terrible and real it can be. You see?" Granger turned to Slothrop. "Grandfather's been dead for all these years, but if you lifted my skull, by God, in the convolutions of my brain you'd find the big ridges of his thumbprint. He touched me. As I said earlier, he was a sculptor. 'I hate a Roman named Status Quo!' he said to me. 'Stuff your eyes with wonder,' he said, 'live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask no guarantees, ask for no security, there never was such an animal. And if there were, it would be related to the great sloth which hangs upside down in a tree all day every day, sleeping its life away. To hell with that,' he said, 'shake the tree and knock the great sloth down on his ass.'"

Attached: pynch.png (639x655, 956K)

Im getting into his work, i'm about half way into inherent vice and i've finished lot 49 already. Can i ask a question? Is he a boomer hippy? His work seems so beat inspired. I never expected this. i expected pure autism and I what i got instead was a drug addled mega chad.

autistic mega chad

Attached: 1538113662703.png (822x844, 222K)

>Is he a boomer hippy?
yes

no you cannot ask a question

There is no fucking way this is real. I think i threw up a little in my mouth. What the actual fuck?

the ultimate whistleblower

Pynch'd

Oh, you bet it's real. There's a scene in GR that I consider worse than that, too.

Thomas Pynchon was the shooter at the grassy knoll

what are you, some kind of retard without a scat fetish?

>beat inspired
kek you on pot again, user?

NO, he was a friend we lost along the way.

u bet ur ass men were throwing up in their mouths in Passchendaele too

The pedo incest scene?

>Long winded figurative prose whose tension comes from the risk or collapse into formal transgression.
>a post modern disregard for high-low dichotomies
>Subject matter dictated by and concerning psychotropic drug usage, white fetishization of black culture (especially jazz), obscure or other wise esoteric pseudoreligous writing.
>Le 60s man
But let me know if im wrong id love to have a discussion about this.

damn Jazz music will be the end of Western civilization!!!

This is Bradbury, everyone read Fahrenheit 451 in 8th grade OP, changing the names wont fool me.

im Ethan Bradbury
this book fire is slaaaaaaammin

>17 posts before someone realizes they are reading YA instead of Pynchon
yikes

to be fair no one was actually talking about or paying attention to the passage.

sorry, sport, this one's TV-MA

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)