I'm going to jump start straight into the Greeks and Romans

I'm going to jump start straight into the Greeks and Romans.
I'm about to spend over £800 on:

Achilles Tatius
Aeschylus
Aesop
Apuleius
Ammianus Marcellinus
Apollodorus
Apollonius of Rhodes
Appian
Archilochos
Aristophanes
Aristotle
Arrian
Athenaeus
Aulus Gellius
Callimachus
Cassius Dio
Catullus
Cicero
Clement of Alexandria
Claudian
Demosthenes
Dio Chrysostom
Diodorus Siculus
Diogenes Laërtius
Dionysius of Halicarnassus
Ennius
Epictetus
Euripides
Frontinus
Fronto
Herodotus
Hesiod
Hippocrates
Homer
Horace
Josephus
Julius Caesar
Juvenal
Livy
Longus
Lucan
Lucian
Lucretius
Manetho
Marcus Aurelius
Martial
Nonnus
Ovid
Pausanias
Petronius
Pindar
Plato
Pliny the Elder
Pliny the Younger
Plotinus
Plutarch
Polybius
Procopius
Propertius
Quintilian
Quintus Curtius Rufus
Quintus Smyrnaeus
Sallust
Sappho
Seneca
Sextus Empiricus
Sidonius
Silius Italicus
Sophocles
Statius
Strabo
Suetonius
Tacitus
Terence
Tertullian
Theocritus
Theognis
Thucydides
Tibullus
Varro
Virgil
Xenophon

Of all the classical literature that's currently in print in English translation, am I missing anything? I'm ignoring all the obscure stuff only Loeb publishes.

Vast majority will be in cheap paperbacks, mostly Oxford World Classics or Penguin Classics, but I'm eyeing The Landmark Series and Hackett's Complete Plato and Princeton's Complete Aristotle. Please let me know if there's definitive editions of any of the other works and authors so my final purchase and library is compact.

Attached: moot.gif (1008x755, 400K)

Its going to be funny when you give up 10 pages into plato

Just pirate it homo. Spend 50 bucks on an eReader and just get everything from Gutenberg and Libgen.

you really shouldn't

greeks are a meme

>spending 800 dollars on a bookshelf to tell people you started with the greeks
end with rowling and rr martin

How is the formatting on Gutenberg and Libgen?

it's good. you can check it right on your computer, just open some online mobi/other formal reader

You've got a good starting list there OP, but you should learn Latin and Ancient Greek first. You're not really reading any of those books unless you're reading them in their original language.

Starting with the Greeks is a massive Yea Forums meme. Start with whatever interests you now and work your way backwards. Also you should pirate everything, literally all of this is free or at your library, but if you're enough of a retard to take the advice of an internet imageboard flush with pretentious nazis then maybe you deserve to be scammed out of 800 quid

this is such a bad idea haha this would take years and years to get through, especially if you try to look at the texts critically

start with the bigger names and then go from there. no reason to overwhelm yourself

If you go to any used book store or even thrift store you’ll be able to find much of that list for free-a few dollars a piece not like you’ll read them all at once. Especially the classics like homer. But if you don’t care and the money isnt thing for you go for it

Okay. Let's do some back of my cock math right now. Let's assume each volume averages to 300 pages of introduction, text, commentary, and footnotes. This is 27,300 pages of reading. Assuming you find the time to read 50 pages every single day, without fail, and that's probably too high an estimate because shit happens and some of these books are really boring (like come on user be honest with yourself are you really going to slog through everything Plato wrote?), it'll take you a year and a half to read every single book on this list. If you literally never miss a day of reading. Ever. Good luck absorbing anything at this rate. You've just dragged your eyes across 27,000 pages of translated literature from a culture and time you haven't put any work into comprehending. If you learn anything, it'll be by total accident and it'll probably be a gross mischaracterization.
This is a stupid idea user. Just pick what you think you'll like. Five to ten writers. No more.

Did you try reading some of them before or are you buying all this without even knowing whether you'll like it or not?
If you don't like it I highly doubt you'll barely go through half of them, wasting all your money on paper you'll never use.

Dude just read the Illiad then you're good.

>no presocratics

Do you live in flyoverville, do you not have libraries? Within 30 minutes I can find half of that in libraries, and the rest is available online, some free from Gutenberg etc, some free but from libgen and the like.

>straight into the Greeks and Romans
>reads nothing but angl*s and am*ricans
huh??

start with the ancient egyptians you fucking pleb

>not with atlantians

Euclid lol

Depends on the book. Sometimes you get something with really fucky formatting but the text is always there. If you're picky, submit your book to someone like Standard eBooks and wait a bit for it to be accepted.

>reading
Lmao you took the bait

jesus christ, just go to your fucking uni library and loan them

Formatting and typography on epubs and such tend to be all over the place. PDFs are much better but more unwieldy to read on ereaders.