I bought a Rider deck without knowing shit about tarot. Are there any good books about it for beginners...

I bought a Rider deck without knowing shit about tarot. Are there any good books about it for beginners? also good books on esoteric practices in general are well received

Attached: 7804A89E-A617-4158-B145-FB5E8688C784.jpg (350x600, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

suzannetreister.net/HEXEN2/TAROT_COL/HEXEN_2_TAROT.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TAROT ENTAILS DEMONIC OPERATION IN ITS FUNCTIONING; IT IS NOT A GAME, AND IT IS MALIGNANT.

WHY WOULD YOU BUY A TAROT DECK, WHILST BEING IGNORANT REGARDING TAROT?

THIS DANGEROUS IDIOCY IS OF THE SAME KIND AS THE ONE INVOLVED IN BUYING/«PLAYING» WITH A OUIJA, WHILST BEING IGNORANT, FLIPPANT.

Attached: A697E312-009E-4F0E-984E-D943A52B4EBC.jpg (1506x1020, 265K)

>tripfag

Attached: 3101827B-9FF8-4C78-90BE-54DF80600976.jpg (750x743, 390K)

>TAROT ENTAILS DEMONIC OPERATION
good

ACTUALLY, THE OPPOSITE OF GOOD —BAD.

Hall talks about it in his book

based

The opposite of both of them; imaginary

or a colon perhaps?

woah what’s happening here

Anyone read Jodorowsky's book?

>« Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ »
i'm reclaiming the butterfly

Good shit. Kinda like the sorcerer attempt. Wild magic. I would suggest Wang's Qabalistic Tarot if you want to learn the wizard like structured magic way.

In my opinion a very good book, but I'm not very well written in the tarot world. A problem of jodo's idea is that every tarot deck aside for the original Marseille are "wrong".

Anyone read Wirth's book?

For op, if you like white deck don't read jodo.

Nah I tell you it's just a card game with fan fiction

You’re nowhere near as eloquent or intelligent as REI. I cannot stop you from posting, only hope you gather intelligence as you go. As you’re a tripfag, I find this extremely unlikely. Suicide is a wonderful option.

>Tripfags ruin yet another thread

Attached: 1554701159111.jpg (851x1024, 131K)

badump

I've read Mystical Origins of the Tarot and it was quite good.

sure thing satan

The Hexen 2.0 Tarot Deck

suzannetreister.net/HEXEN2/TAROT_COL/HEXEN_2_TAROT.html

Attached: TAROT_Hermit-TK.jpg (485x800, 76K)

that's some shit man

>yet another schizoid all-caps tripfag
Boo! Get better material!

These are great. I wouldn't mind constructing a deck like this of my own, someday.

Well, this bitch is fascinating. What else ya got like this?

>A tarot deck where every card looks like rejected Sufjan Stevens album art
I'm intrigued

Found a copy of this at the local used book store, its breddy good

Attached: 20190417_164701.jpg (1427x2073, 876K)

Tarot and Ouija are both faggy games sold in stores like Barnes and Noble to people who post on /x/ and LARP as vampires. Nothing Yea Forums about it. Post in /x/ or Yea Forums.

I've made similar observations about posters here based on stylometry. It's an imprecise science, but you can learn to read intelligence based on how they write.

>He's never seen Cléo de 5 à 7
Tarot is cool and you sound like a fag
It's more a method of projecting your life onto external symbols as a method of looking at things critically

Ad Sanctum Michaëlem Archangelum. Precatio. Princeps gloriosissime cælestis militiæ, sancte Michaël Archangele, defende nos in prælio et colluctatione, quæ nobis adversus principes et potestates, adversus mundi rectores tenebrarum harum, contra spiritualia nequitiæ, in cælestibusus. Veni in auxilium hominum, quos Deus creavit inexterminabiles, et ad imaginem similitudinis suæ fecit, et a tyrannide diaboli emit pretio magno. Præliare hodie cum beatorum Angelorum exercitu prælia Domini, sicut pugnasti contra ducem superbiæ luciferum, et angelos ejus apostaticos: et non valuerunt, neque locus inventus est eorum amplius in coelo. Sed projectus est draco ille magnus, serpens antiquus, qui vocatur diabolus et satanas, qui seducit universum orbem; et projectus est in terram, et angeli ejus cum illo missi sunt. En antiquus inimicus et homicida vehementer erectus est. Transfiguratus in angelum lucis, cum tota malignorum spirituum caterva late circuit et invadit terram, ut in ea deleat nomen Dei et Christi ejus, animasque ad æternæ gloriæ coronam destinatas furetur, mactet ac perdat in sempiternum interitum. Virus nequitiæ suæ, tamquam flumen immundissimum, draco maleficus transfundit in homines depravatos mente et corruptos corde; spiritum mendacii, impietatis et blasphemiæ; halitumque mortiferum luxuriæ, vitiorum omnium et iniquitatum. [Ecclesiam, Agni immaculati sponsam, faverrrimi hostes repleverunt amaritudinibus, inebriarunt absinthio; ad omnia desiderabilia ejus impias miserunt manus. Ubi sedes beatissimi Petri et Cathedra veritatis ad lucem gentium constituta est, ibi thronum posuerunt abominationis et impietatis suæ; ut percusso Pastore, et gregem disperdere valeant.] Adesto itaque, Dux invictissime, populo Dei contra irrumpentes spirituales nequitias, et fac victoriam. Te custodem et patronum sancta veneratur Ecclesia; te gloriatur defensore adversus terrestrium et infernorum nefarias potestates; tibi tradidit Dominus animas redemptorum in superna felicitate locandas. Deprecare Deum pacis, ut conterat satanam sub pedibus nostris, ne ultra valeat captivos tenere homines, et Ecclesiæ nocere. Offer nostras preces in conspectu Altissimi, ut cito anticipent nos misericordiæ Domini, et apprehendas draconem, serpentem antiquum, qui est diabolus et satanas, ac ligatum mittas in abyssum, ut non seducat amplius gen tes. Hinc tuo confisi præsidio ac tutela, sacri ministerii nostri auctoritate [si fuerit laicus, vel clericus qui ordinem exorcistatus nondum suscepit, dicat: sacra sanctae Matris Ecclesiae auctoritate], ad infestationes diabolicæ fraudis repellendas in nomine Jesu Christi Dei et Domini nostri fidentes et securi aggredimur. V. Ecce Crucem Domini, fugite partes adversæ. R. Vicit Leo de tribu Juda, radix David. V. Fiat misericordia tua, Domine, super nos. R. Quemadmodum speravimus in te. V. Domine, exaudi orationem meam. R. Et clamor meus ad te veniat.

Attached: thread exorcist incoming.jpg (1984x1644, 874K)

Most tarot decks come with "helpful" booklets which explain each card. Then it's up to you to decide what you make of each image, and attach your own meanings to them, while playing along (to some extent) with the existing discourse about the cards (nine-ten of swords are really bad, the true worst cards, etc).

When I first examined the RWS deck, two things really stuck out at me. One, your Death card there is clearly modeled on Durer's "Knight, Death and the Devil" (pic related), particularly the helmet, rider and general shape of the horse. The second thing that stuck out at me is that there is a clear "four elements" correspondence among the four suits, which I realized without having it spoonfed to me:

wands-fire,
cups-water,
swords-air,
pentacles-earth.

The reason why tarot "works" is that you have enough images/stuff to play with that you can project your own stuff/thoughts onto the deck that you're working with, and then you can bullshit a reading for people as a means for them to talk about their own lives. Of course, you can con people out of money doing this.

I only have a RWS and a Thoth deck, they're interesting as art-objects (take my art-interest, per the above). There's a book-length work about Crowley's Thoth deck (which is merely an elaboration on the booklet that comes with it), which is in fact the last issue of the Equinox to have been produced during his lifetime (III.5), but this isn't a "general tarot" book and lots of occult kooks dismiss Crowley's particular brand of occult kookery. I'd like the Yoshitaka Amano and/or Giger decks (again the art-object thing), but those are expensive.

Attached: knightdeathdevil.jpg (1171x1500, 843K)

[si fuerit saltem diaconus subjungat V. Dominus vobiscum. R. Et cum spiritu tuo.] Oremus. Deus coeli, Deus terræ, Deus Angelorum, Deus Archangelorum, Deus Patriarcharum, Deus Prophetarum, Deus Apostolorum, Deus Martyrum, Deus Confessorum, Deus Virginum, Deus qui potestatem habes donare vitam post mortem, requiem post laborem; quia non est Deus præter te, nec esse potest nisi tu creator omnium visibilium et invisibilium, cujus regni non erit finis: humiIiter majestati gloriæ tuæ supplicamus, ut ab omni infernalium spirituum potestate, laqueo, deceptione et nequitia nos potenter liberare, et incolumes custodire digneris. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen. Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, Domine. Ut Ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos. Ut inimicos sanctæ Ecclesiæ humiliare digneris, te rogamus audi nos. Et aspergatur locus aqua benedicta

have sex

I do not wish to indulge into metaphysics or theology nor the occult, however why the fuck are you so burnt by Religion that you have this hatred for it, you come into this thread to explain how "le plebs beleeve in faeryss ddddd hahaha telapert buhind uuuuuu ddddd". If you truly held no particular feelings for metaphysics than you would of simply seen the thread and moved on as you don''t care for it and think such silly ideas as below you. But of course you couldn't get over your Christian parents not accepting your inherent defection and so now you make ways to excuse your defection and to reject the pain of parental connection which by you associate directly with religion based on its beliefs primarily and secondarily well because as said before its relation and association with your family.

Jesus Christ

>pot calling the kettle black
>projecting family strife

Although hating on tripfags is a salutary activity, your application of this technique has been piss-poor.

Eliphas Levi's Secret of Magic.

>inb4 muh Levi

He wasn't Jewish, he just hebraized his family Louis because biblical influences are huge in the occult world.

>anglo-centric themes only
ohhhh boy

Attached: this_guy.png (500x541, 301K)

kill yourself, cocksucker

He's not allowed to except with vulnerable children.

What are your suggestions, then? I wouldn't be opposed to reading some non Anglo occult material. I'm just not sure where to start.

Get a Thoth Deck and read the Book of Thoth by Crowley

>crowley

embarrassing

They're just a collection of universal symbols, any card seems like it applies on some level to your life, and that's because it does. Picking a random card won't tell you the future, just make you focus about a certain aspect of your life.

Have you actually read the Book of Thoth or anything else by him?

yeah, he's a LARPer

Invoke jeebus and the angels when you do a reading ya dingus.

>Being concerned with LARPers when discussing tarot

I'm reading it and I like it a lot, and Jodorowsky's contagious enthusiasm that you can see in his interviews and movies really comes through in the book. And I also like to watch his tarot readings on Youtube. But his pretty idiosyncratic-- not that there's anything wrong with that, but just a head's up to anyone just getting into tarot. Also the deck that he reconstructed with Camoin is nice but has some questionable details, such as the egg added to La Papesse. I think it's definitely worth reading but for anyone interested in Tarot de Marseilles I think Ben Dov's book is a bit better.

OP if you get a Marseilles deck to go with it, you should get CBD :)

Attached: PA030059_CBD_OCT15_idan.jpg (3200x2400, 928K)