What are books that do the 'multiple different plot threads all coming together at the end' well?

What are books that do the 'multiple different plot threads all coming together at the end' well?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

infinite jest

the bible

my diary desu

No, MY diary desu

desu wrote a lot of diaries phew

The Club Dumas

Los Girasoles Ciegos

none of them. books should be a linear progression of thoughts from a single observer, the same as our lives.

Attached: dagoth_wave.jpg (640x360, 98K)

Out of what I've read recently, Pynchon's V.

redwall is the best for this, in my opinion it surpasses lord of the rings as the jewel of twentieth century literature's eye

Based.

But seriously, the problem with multiple protagonists is that unless your readers like all of them they're going to be bored for the portions of your book that are about the character they don't care about. That's why I tend to avoid the "it's two/three/four/five! plots in one" books.

But a story is more than just the protagonist, so you could have the same thought process for all of your other characters. I understand that the protagonist is sort of the center of a story, but as long as they're halfway decent there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I think the real problem is actually writing a cohesive, multiple plot story that ends well.

Game of Thrones books.
The show is now terrible, it’s overly popular, yes. But the books are really good when taken as a whole and it weaves the characters well.

>game of thrones books plot coming together at the end
>at the end
lol

As far as I can tell, most readers only want one character that they like and identify with and they do not care if that person is the protagonist, antagonist or one of many protagonist, the protagonist for all practical purposes the character they identify with most. As long as the relationships between the characters reflect each character properly, most readers do not care.

Not at all. Books should be describing a fragmented, non-linear, collaging chaos of reality that affects various people in various ways, same as our world.

V. by Pynchon

Tom Jones

Most Gibson books

Hilarious

My life hasn't been a linear progression.

t. time traveller

Water Margin

>IJ
>coming together
Good joke. A jest, even

>IJ was too much for me
cute

Gravity’s Rainbow

Subarashiki Hibi

>I didn't actually read the book but I'll pretend I did and that I hated it for big dick nerd points

>Gravity’s Rainbow

multiple different plot threads not coming together at all in the end, the book.

That’s why they do come together. Think in the fourth dimension, you fucking brainlet.