ITT: Philosophers you skipped

ITT: Philosophers you skipped

Attached: John_Dewey.jpg (220x300, 11K)

Kierkegaard

Attached: rsz_7978112884_e84ea62e9e.jpg (765x666, 251K)

The greeks.

HOW DARE YOU?!

Dewey was based but Charles Sanders Peirce was baseder.

Francis Bacon, Hume, Locke, Reid, Rousseau, Smith, Marx
I will skip Dewey, Chomsky, Camus, Singer, Althusser, Fuckoo, Badiou, Russel, and especially the completely unoriginal Wittgenstein who only feat is showing that the rest of the philosophers who praised him Didn't Start With the Greeks

why?

Schlolastics, analytics

The two ends of autistic spectrum

Any of the postmodernists

Everyone after Aquinas

>skipping witty
It’ll be the curtains for you!

I skipped him too along with several other anglos
I heard Dewey is becoming super fashionable among French academics. seems weird to me

I'm trying to find translated books that are about reshaping yourself and about improving control of my body and mind that would be written by old Asian Masters with white hair and croaking voices that hold lots of wisdom. I want to combine Western and eastern philosophy but I don't want to read some regurgitated Hollywood garbage written by a stay at home mom.

Fichte, Schelling, Hegel, Marx, Kierkegaard, Russel
Currently reading Heidegger

Read the stoics.

that is weird

based

His language is unnecessarily dense for the kind of philosophy he’s doing, and the questions he’s trying to answer seem pretty inconsequential to any philosophical project of importance. He just seems like a distraction to me.

You'll regret it.

>of importance.
Clarify.

Attached: 1555399046515.jpg (2608x3528, 1.63M)

> Pascal
> Fichte
> Wittgenstein

>Skip german idealists
>Skip Kierkegaard
>attempt to understand Heidegger

oh boy

Henry Ford?

out of all those only reaf hegel and marx and by marx i mean Capital I and alot of marxist study and Hediegger was cake.

You can't mix chocolate and shit and expect shit to become edible. What happens is that You ruin the chocolate.

>out of all those only reaf hegel and marx and by marx i mean Capital I and alot of marxist study and Hediegger was cake.

heidegger owes more to schelling and kant than he does to marx or hegel. marx is even further down the list than hegel.

will probably be skipping augustine and the rest of the chr*stoids

same

augustine is shit but you should read pascal and kierkegaard

can you give us a quick rundown on Dasien?

>Reading Pascal and Kierkegaard without reading Augustine

>Skipping Hume

Imagine being this unbased

Bless you based Peirce fan

you don't need to read augustine in order to understand pascal and kierkegaard

Deweyt

It's probably not the best way I'm sure but i am reading a fuckload of second literature, some books mention the familiarity with Kierkegaard's thought, others like Derrida make some comparisons with hegel.... I might not get the full extent of what deconstruction is but I think I got the rough idea, same thing with being and time that I've almost finished reading

Schopenhauer

kek

>i refuse to read things i THINK i disagree with because i know better

this is your brain on gay ass fucking retardation

Aristotle and Aquinas because Plato and Augustine.
You fool

read badiou's ethics, it is a short and interesting book