I just received an email that I won a literary award for a short story I wrote, and I can't contianmy happiness

I just received an email that I won a literary award for a short story I wrote, and I can't contianmy happiness.

Have you ever received an award for your writing?

Attached: dicaprio.gif (500x212, 945K)

No but congrats user. Keep improving

based. i got a poetry award at uni, felt very Yea Forums for awhile

once when i was 17 for a poem (from the poetry society here in england). i'm 22 now and haven't wrote anything since.

So that’s a ‘yes, of course’?

How were we supposed to know you obviously had an award, Butterfly? I didn’t even know you entered any competitions.

I’m :3 before you respond to me too well butterbb

some girl in college liked some of my writing and i ended up fucking her because of it.

something about the way this is written makes me not believe you

No, but people have drawn comics and art for my stories and sent them to me. Feels nice

I wrote an essay on the fountainhead a year ago when I was 17. I won 50 dollars

OP here.

This is the first time I've written for a public contest. I only wrote a novel before and nobody wanted to publish me. Even though this is a second prize (130€, I'm spanish) I hope this gets me some notoriety to get published.

What I want to get at is do not give up on writing. Someone will see your talent if you keep insisting. The most important thing is to never stop writing.

Based, nice work user.

I haven't won any awards yet, but a poem I wrote got published in a somewhat prominent journal last year. I got paid $100 for it and it appeared in print. I was very happy.

That's fantastic!

yes a few years ago, read it again recently and my cheeks got red it was so bad

Who's this tripfaggot I keep seeing everywhere? Whenever I look at a post and think "Holy shit this is an awful post," I always look up and see that fag signature.

;3

You can’t mow your lawn in a hurricane

Attached: 94337F1E-8979-4B23-87A2-41FCC78FA151.jpg (870x870, 50K)

Neat. post it? at least an excerpt or something.

I can't see pictures on my work cpu ;_; is it something cute, qt pie?

Will you at least admit somewhat partially you are in your 30s?

No, but I've been published. It's a good feeling, and you'll be glad to have the memory of it on bad days. It's like that little light from Lord of the Rings. Congrats.

It's written in catalan, so you won't understand a thing.

Mr Catface, eventually butterfly will realize that the only way to get rid of you is to stop replying to you completely, and I eagerly look forward to watching you lose the rest of your marbles.

You're a published author now, user. No one can ever take that away from you. I am happy for you. I think you should polish the draft of your novel and try submitting it again. Being able to list prior publications is a foot in the doorway, I know a lot of people who contributed work for no pay to online publications just to be able to say they were published and build up a portfolio, so that they could interest a publisher in their novels and other work. You didn't have to do it for free! Warmest congratulations.

Attached: DF6A7D76-5F45-44F0-AE6C-238E450F2359.jpg (455x610, 60K)

Thank you very much. I can see Yea Forums is the nicest board on this website. I should browse this more.

Good for you user, I'm proud of you. That might not mean a whole lot coming from me, user, but I am and you should be too. Hold your head high. Also, fuckin checked.

Attached: 1546842529988.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

Ernest Hemingway here. I’m proud.

i once won second place in a short story competition in college. fuels the hope to keep on writing. felicidades, user.

grats man