Learn Japanese

How would one learn Japanese? Are there any Yea Forums charts or recommended books?

Attached: Hirohito.jpg (220x279, 22K)

nhentai+anki

Make Japanese friends.

Get a tutor. They tend to be qt japanese grills. Mine is a married 30+, but still very cute. Uses japanese words, runs like a child, all that shit.

Yookoso textbook is better than pleb Genki, but desu... it literally just takes time and effort. No way round. All the kids I knew who were actually good at Japanese when I was in japan were either East Asian and intuitively grasped the language or had been studying for at least 6 years.

Read basic text books. Don't worry about thoroughly learning what they tell you, just use them as a guide for the basics. Tae Kim is free and good enough.
Read the simplest thing you are interested in. Look things up but don't labour over every word. NHK news easy is dull but has lots of short, simple articles.
Manga is good as the pictures provide extra context to make sense of the story. Anime is good for that too, plus they speak very clearly and distinctly.
Anki is a useful supplement for helping you remember words, but is shit for learning. Trying to learn 2k kanji before you start is a soul destroying distraction.

You learn best when reading something enjoyable just above your current level.

Attached: bd590e2f3172d3f37897d8b0cc14bf2a-imagepng.png (200x240, 69K)

諦める。

VNs with text hooker, you don't get this luxury for any other language.

the daily japanese threads on /jp/ literally have the best guide around

Attached: 56157402.jpg (384x378, 23K)

/int/ and /jp/ I believe have good threads for you to practice in and talk to others. Japanese is a ridiculously hard language to learn though, like really fucking difficult. It's just very very different from what you're used to.

>. Japanese is a ridiculously hard language to learn though

not it isn't

it's a pain in the ass the learn to write and read kanji, but its syntax and phonetics aren't that complicated. definitely nowhere near as hard as chinese, for instance.

The hard part isn't the actual language. It's the retarded writing system

Attached: 1499095420279.png (300x200, 137K)

Disagree, harder part is the autistic grammar

This, I'm still terrible at writing by hand in Japanese, but reading isn't a problem because it's just passive recognition. Japan's overly-complicated writing system is kind of based though, especially when you're trying to learn hentaigana so you can read pre-modern books in their original form and shit because you realize it used to be way worse.

あきらめな
あきらめんな

Genki

Japanese ammo youtube series too

Private lessons or practice conversations. Graded readers for kids are also useful.

I'm working my way through Genki. I enjoy memorizing the vocabulary but going through the actual lessons is such a drag for me, there are just so many things to note down that I get bogged down trying to make "fill in the blanks" flash cards for everything and end up just not wanting to study at all. Can I just read over that shit quickly without taking notes and just keep memorizing vocabulary/kanji?

>t. Been studying chinese for 8 months now

People hype the fuck out of how hard Chinese is, but I actually think in a lot of ways it's easier than Japanese
>The grammar is piss easy:
>No tenses
>No word gender
>No plural vs nonplural
>Social politeness is de-emphasized and is mostly attitudinal, NOT baked into the grammar

The only catch is there's no alphabet, so every single word has a tone you need to memorize, every single word is it's own character or set of characters, and there's no shortcut to learn the vocab besides "Memorize 1 to 10 thousand of them".

This really turns learning the language into
>Do you practice listening frequently?
and
>Are you a good memorizer?

Which really is just another way to say
>Are you willing to study it for a year or two to git gud?

And since most of you are in your early 20s, you'd get something like 50-80 years of mileage if you started tonight.

>early 20s
>tfw i'm not
>tfw trying to learn it since a decade but still can't speak beyond some basic sentences
>tfw no lang threads on lit anymore

>trying to learn it since a decade but still can't speak beyond some basic sentences
Not trying hard enough. Try sinking 2 to 3 hours every day into learning a language, and you'll have a solid grasp of it in several months to a couple of years, depending on how close it is to your native language.