ITT: Books you couldn’t get through without losing interest

ITT: Books you couldn’t get through without losing interest

Attached: 5FA8C5C3-8E70-4B68-808D-7759CC85ADB0.jpg (300x450, 35K)

Having trouble with tropic of cancer.

Really? I've read this book three times, seems like every time I pick it up I spend the next few days going through it again.

agreed

Attached: 9780375703768_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg (306x406, 20K)

me too, i stopped almost halfway through about two weeks ago, read some other stuff instead

All very textural books. Good for reading in pieces

This whole _stream of consciousness_ thing is nice and all, but it gets very boring not knowing what's happening in each paragraph.

Attached: download.jpg (1000x1558, 1.01M)

i've never read this, is it just pale fire for plebs?

Crying of Lot 49.

pynchon strikes me as too self indulgent.

Is this also your only book?

really didn't care for the 2nd half of V. and really had to force myself to finish it

>stream of consciousness
is it that though? Stephen is the main character experiencing, but he isn't the narrator.
(I just speedread through such stuff until I come to a passage that makes sense in regard of the books storytelling at which point I carry the same load of flimsy impressions as the narrator which is nice.)

lends itself only to very long reading sessions imo. It's a good book for a transatlantic flight. Once you get into it, it's good, but you gotta spend 45 minutes warming up to it.

I gave up with less than 100 pages to go.

Attached: eoe.jpg (313x475, 43K)

The Tunnel. I gave it ~350 pages and just gave up. It’s wonderful writing and there are some genuinely interesting parts but so much of it is just boring with no payoff.

having trouble with actual cancer

Attached: the road.jpg (1556x2400, 228K)

you take that back it's one of the best books I ever read

>Cross out 1st R on cover
>Gift the book
>Wink ad nauseam
Best way to break the bad news

Chapter III is the best 30 odd pages I've ever read. Chapter IV is god tier as well and I and II are great too, V had its moments but the bits where it got too specific to Ireland were skimworthy

I'm entirely alone with this opinion.

Attached: pic279251.jpg (219x300, 15K)

no, you are not

I don't usually post my opinion but I have to disagree "the road" was one of the most boring books I have ever read. Tell me how you found it so good ?

I liked all the action and it was a breeze to read

Im prob gonna get bashed for this.

I'm not even one to drop books I always have a subconscious urge to pull through. But this I coudent get through, I read American Psych which is somewhat the modern version of this in terms of rich people fancying rich things for many pages and it was way worse in terms of that. I just think the whole "picture turning ugly" thing was uninteresting and not focused on enough. Even the main character seemed uninterested and more so glad about it as a whole. I stopped about half way through(80-130?), idk maybe it gets more interesting but I just couldnt enjoy reading it at all.

Attached: 1EDD34CB-820C-4B15-AA43-2BEE07EDDD9D.jpg (334x500, 29K)

sounds like you should get into YA user

You could read this in two hours, how did you not get through it?

This is my favorite book. I read it in less than a week.

kek

came to post this one. holy shit it just keeps going and going but goes nowhere

This but for Children of Dune only

Literally every book I've read, even my favorites.

Sorry Gene, RIP, but I just couldn't

Attached: 41MjvZt+tZL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 23K)

I unironically read this when I was 12 and got through it in a day, I don’t know what my parents were doing letting me read it thinking back on it