Who did it better than Burroughs?

This man has way too much influence on my work. I'm not looking to erase him from inspiring me; just trying to diversify my tastes, and expand my horizons a bit.

Attached: William-Burroughs-014.jpg (2560x1536, 1.28M)

Well i hav

no one did Burroughs better than Burroughs

Bill the Bull is unmatched. But try with Nick Land. He was influenced a lot by Old Bill.

Ballard and Philip K Dick

Well, then. Give me a taste
This is partly why I've deemed it a "problem". I'm finding Bill is an unmatched author; at least in terms of what I also want to accomplish. I just ordered some of Land's works from the library; I've only read Meltdown. Expecting good things. Might not fully comprehend it because I haven't done much of the preliminary reading.
I'm just now getting into Ballard. Unlimited Dream Company was a trip. Probably gonna tackle his more commemorated material soon.

What's your work? Is it writing or something else? Can we read/see it?

Since Burroughs, a few are in the same vein/influence: Ballard, PKD, Arthur Halsey, Kathy Acker.

Land is a good suggestion actually. Neuromancer would probably work for you too. PKD is hit or miss, some of his late work approaches a similar level of schizo

OP check out Artaud

I like to write and make music; what I've been working on for the last few years is kind of hard to explain, because I don't think I know what I'm actually doing. I'm a bit too self conscious to post my stuff on Yea Forums at the moment, but I'm hoping to have something presentable soon.
>Arthur Halsey, Kathy Acker
I'm not familiar with these two; although I have heard Acker's name thrown around. I'll have to look into them.

I've been meaning to read Neuromancer mainly because its influence. Books like that seem important to me due to their cultural impact, even if it's not an absolute winner for me. And, Land almost seems inevitable for me to read at this point.
>check out Artaud
Can't say I'm familiar, I'll have to check some stuff out.

Seeing as you like prose-poetry written by arse bandits, I suggest this faggot.

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 10K)

Jean Genet is kind of reminiscent of Burroughs sometimes (not the surrealism angle so much as the "gay criminals doing weird shit on the fringes of society" angle) but Burroughs remains the GOAT

Oi, friend, if you know about Land then you probably know about Gibson and his take on WSB. I recommend you Richard Calder, as WSB + Gibson. Search for his trilogy, Dead Girls Dead Boys Dead Things. It's possibly even crazier than WSB.

Attached: download.jpg (178x284, 12K)

>Seeing as you like prose-poetry written by arse bandits
I can't argue with that...

What is the best book by Ballard ?
Crash ?

Drowned and Crystal World. Crash, Atrocity and Concrete Island. Short stories.

Is there a way to get in touch with you outside of 4c? We are working the same path.

OP, here. Sidenote: I'll also accept any recommended visuals, audio, etc.. We don't gotta restrict it to just literature. Although, I appreciate what everyone has contributed so far. Lots of stuff for me to pursue, already.

Try Visions of Heaven and Hell

I'd be down to figure something out. What do you suggest?

Check out Hogg by Samuel R. Delany.

I fuckin tried, man. It was a bit too much for me. When I went to check it out from the library (you can request anything at my library) the woman who checked me out gave me a startling look of disgust when she stuck the return slip in. When I left, I opened the book to see what she read, and all I saw was 'nigger, rape, fuck, pedo cum, fuck' on repeat.....

yep, that's pretty much the whole book. pretty good though.

Good to see WSB getting Yea Forums love. He deserves it*

*more than Pinecone or Dedvid Foster Wallace.

Might give it another shot sometime. With my first attempt, I don't think I was in the right mental place for that level of depravity.

I know it’s a graphic novel but try „The Return of the Dark Knight“ by Alan Moore

maybe a disposable email to make initial contact

Okay, cool. Let me know the email when you get a chance, and I'll send you something to verify that it's me.

William Tell

Are you guys just memeing me? I read Soft Machine and it was a joke. Someone on Yea Forums made a compilation and got some retard to publish it, right?

that's the first in his cutup trilogy, it's like starting Joyce with Finnegan's Wake. you should start with Junky or Queer, and if you make it through Naked Lunch you can start on the Nova series

Attached: james-joyce.jpg (500x667, 194K)

[email protected]

Is there anything actually in it to make it worthwhile? I have better books to read than wading through the open sewer of endless disgusting gay orgies in drug houses. Is there a diamond at the end of the sewer or isn't there?

this is a really strange way to approach reading. can you give me an example of a diamond at the end of a sewer?

read the first 30 or so pages of death on the installment plan, then read the rest of it, burroughs was a celine wannabe

the swan feather at the end of 'in the miso soup'

I didn't forget about you. I got carried away at work.

How do you recommend reading Naked Lunch?

Ok this would be a good time if you can

Kenneth Anger

Just sent it, bud.

Cities of the Red night is objectively his best, right?

Haven't watched anything of his in so long. Used to be really into that style of filming, though. Kind of gives me El Topo vibes; another one I haven't watched in forever.

Thanks. I got your name, but the dumb throwaway mail service won't show the header with your address - can you send in the body of the mail? Then I can reply.

YES! That trilogy ruined me. It's everything I've ever wanted to do except a lot better than what I can currently pull off.

Haha, yeah dude; just sent another one.

Got it.

does anyone want to read my book bros? I just finished it, my first one. it's about a gay homeless man who is into sucking dick and drinking piss. He's also in contact with supernatural entities. I will be sending it to beta readers I have found online who are into this sort of thing, once IM done with editing and proof-reading (which I know nothing about). 60k words. 3 different countries

sounds like you read about 10 pages of hogg and wanna play smart-aleck, nazis like you are ruining the world you know

Ive never read hogg bro. Id say maybe parts of it are sarcastic but others are chidlike idealistic. Obviously nothing is 100% original but I dont know anything to compare it to. Maybe its just a rambling of a lowlife with serious issues or something. So far one person has read it, a complete stranger, and has commented that its interesting and captivating.

Ive shown it to some IRL normies and they said its graphic and shocking and I should be careful who I show it to. They also dont sell me coffee anymore

Did you read the entire trilogy? If so, which one was your favorite? Kim Carson is one of my favorite characters of all time.

I both really enjoyed and really disliked this book. I think the big problem for me was the very limited vocabulary.