Thoughts?

Thoughts?
Personally I really liked it.

Attached: my favorite.jpg (298x450, 62K)

One of my fav books, with 1984 and Brave New world, heres other called ''Little brother'' and ''Us'', this las was the inspiration of orwell to make his book.

Couldn't have said it myself.
I don't actually read a lot of books but I enjoy the occasional read from time to time and I just find myself coming back to 451 every time, but maybe that's because I only own the second chapter of The Witcher and the novelisation of A New Hope.

HOLY SHIT MY BAD the book its called ''We'', writen by Yevgeny Zamyatin

No problem my man, We all make mistakes.

fuckin' yikes

that being said Bradbury gets too much hate. as far as prose goes there's not much YA that's better.

2/5. Generic dystopian novel, senseless and one dimensional characters, bare critique of society akin to what a teenager might write. Inconsistent and idealistic.

However, I'd still recommend everyone to read it because
>not everyone shares the same thoughts and enjoys the same things
>even if you don't like something, you can grow from the experience
Cheers, OP

Thanks for not being an asshole about it my guy, though I'm a tad bit sad that you don't enjoy the book as much as I do, it doesn't matter though, because just as you said, everyone has different opinions. I'd actually love to hear your reccommendations as well. :)

The weakest of the dystopia trilogy. Litteraly no characters, and a meme setting that can be summed up in a few words.

Yeah I guess so. Thanks for sharing your opinion with us :)

Just old school YA, like Orwell.

Attached: D8622E27-2639-4ED1-995D-F370B6AFA215.jpg (450x450, 22K)

Its shit

Don't have to be an asshole. Thanks for sharing nonetheless :(

I didn't like it, and personally I can't see what's supposed to be so good about it. It has the subtlety of a Ben Garrison cartoon. It reads like it was made for kids that can't find meaning beyond what is written.

It's better than BNW

>everyone talking about the themes, plot, ect.
>no one mentions he is obviously a better technical writer than Huxley or Orwell
come on Yea Forums this is the best written of the YA trilogy, don't make yourselves look like plebs

Extremely good book. Everyone saying its terrible etc. are the exact same people to go post in a Ted thread about deep he is for saying industrial society sucks.

In what way

Huxley's prose is shit

so is Orwell's if we are being honest. Bradbury was the only fiction writer of the three.

WOT IF FIREFIGHTERS BURNED BOOKS INSTEAD OF PUTTING OUT FIRES
WOT IF NO ONE READS AND ALL THEY DO IS WATCH TV
WOT IF THERE WUZ THERMONUCLEAR WAR BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T READ
WOT IF PEOPLE WUZ BOOKS

Attached: 1517125732469.png (1130x1204, 1.4M)

>reading for the plot

Orwell's essayist prowess overrides his stylistic shortcomings

This

Fahrenheit always seemed to be more about technology and modernity than censorship. Bradbury is a notorious technophobe.

He walked out of a speech at some school because you're correct and the students disagreed with him iirc

I can relate to his imaginary world. Gives me a strange feeling like I've seen it before... especially driving really fast at the edge of town for entertainment, the two cyberpunk dudes pumping new blood into his wife, hiding stuff at home afraid people will find it (in my case: drugs).

>not understanding that this isn't a dystopian novel critiquing society
Just enjoy the character development of a man overcoming nihilism/its related coping strategies and embracing the human experience desu
Oh shit this novel is Evangelion

The paramedics in this book really remind me of what it's like to work in EMS IRL. It's pretty detached

Find a sample of better prose from 1984 or BNW. I'll wait.
>"My grandfather ran off the V-2 rocket film a dozen times and then hoped that some day our cities would open up and let the green and the land and the wilderness in more, to remind people that we're allotted a little space on earth and that we survive in that wilderness that can take back what it has given, as easily as blowing its breath on us or sending the sea to tell us we are not so big. When we forget how close the wilderness is in the night, my grandpa said, some day it will come in and get us, for we will have forgotten how terrible and real it can be. You see?" Granger turned to Montag. "Grandfather's been dead for all these years, but if you lifted my skull, by God, in the convolutions of my brain you'd find the big ridges of his thumbprint. He touched me. As I said earlier, he was a sculptor. 'I hate a Roman named Status Quo!' he said to me. 'Stuff your eyes with wonder,' he said, 'live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask no guarantees, ask for no security, there never was such an animal. And if there were, it would be related to the great sloth which hangs upside down in a tree all day every day, sleeping its life away. To hell with that,' he said, 'shake the tree and knock the great sloth down on his ass.'"