Are writers more mentally ill on average? Such as mood disorders, anxiety, depression, or mild psychopathy...

Are writers more mentally ill on average? Such as mood disorders, anxiety, depression, or mild psychopathy? Or are writers more personality disorder inclined? Does mental illness make you more creative or savant-like in writing?

Attached: C786BBF2-EEAA-4CE3-A838-211E7BB233FC.png (677x771, 427K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GVYYZMOWyr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i'm so sad
i'm so special
mwah

bump

I don't think mental illness or melancholy is really more prevalent within the population of writers or artists. The reason it gets brought up is because people tend to romanticize the lives of writers and artists. Especially in the present age, those insufferable people who refer to themselves as "creatives" seem to think that having a bunch of mental illnesses makes you more interesting as a person and have really overblown talk about mental health, basically fetishizing it.. When a regular person like a construction worker or an accountant has depression, no one gives a shit or thinks they're oh so special for it. They basically have to suffer alone.

they're definitely more narcissistic. maybe you're onto something.

Writers definately have more sleep problems.

You just won the internet.
I grant you one respect

"mental illness" is just failure to do well under capitalism

Attached: 2.jpg (461x696, 55K)

That’s a nice picture of Emily Holmes

Kill yourself newfag

based commie

I've red somewhere that Thomas Browne was diagnosed with a melancholic character. Don't know if that's what you're looking for.

He's clearly being ironic, it appears that you are the newfag, my sad sad friend.

If you sit alone in a room making shit up and constantly investigating yourself and everyone else, it's probably going to take a toll

*is because of Capitalism.

More like mental illness is just failing to conform to the standards of society period. It's no secret that people are willing to put up with a lot more eccentricity from rich people or beautiful ones than poor or ugly ones. That's because being wealthy/pretty gives them social credit to 'buy off' their batshit insanity.

It may seem like mentally ill people are better writers entirely because their content is more prevalent than others. That's not because there's more or less mentally troubled writers, but because their stuff gets talked about more often, because the fact that they're crazy is something that helped make the book what it was. A 'neurotypical' person has plenty of creativity and can make great leaps of thought that might sound crazy, but the insane have a special realm of jumbled cohesion that makes sense only to themselves, and that makes it fascinating to read, even if just on a "lel look at this shit" level.

Provably false. Retard.

Gogol; Dostoievsky; Poe; Lovecraft; the neet; Guy de Maupassant; Flaubert.
No, there are as many good, sane writers, as are ill ones

Reddit

Read this. Everything else is memes

Attached: 81ca+pJwMxL.jpg (1348x2112, 299K)

Neurotypical and mentally ill aren't mutually exclusive. Neuro- refers to the physical structure of the brain being normal or abnormal as in ADHD or autism whereas mental illnesses are psychological, occuring in the mind.

okay, I'll give it up

Attached: .gif (415x364, 1.9M)

>tfw no clingy sentience gf with bulging eyes

synopsis?

"He who, having no touch of the Muses’ madness in his soul, comes to the door and thinks that he will get into the temple by the help of art – he, I say, and his poetry are not admitted; the sane man disappears and is nowhere when he enters into rivalry with the madman." -Socrates

> tfw no femintist femdom ceo to aid in fleecing billions of dollars from DoD board members

Christfags are going to crucify me for this but a whole bunch of mental illness traits in moderation are essential for religion as we know it today.
spirits=schizophrenia, rituals=OCD, prophecy=hypergraphia+epileptic visions
This is not to say that religion is bad necessarily, it has marked beneficial health and societal effects.
I might also point out that some conditions such as autism are related to atheism.
I don't believe in religion, I can't believe in religion, just as a schizophrenic finds it hard not to believe in spirits I find it hard to believe in spirits.
I just don't do magical thinking.
But I don't think the influence on mental conditions necessarily proves or disproves religion just suggests you should be more open minded about it and less of a dick.

So anyway I would suggest that there is a strong correlation between mental illness and writing and this is related to ancient evolution and the role of religion in social bonding.

Why do rich people kill themselves?

People who write serious literature are definitely more likely to be mentally ill (don't know if the same thing applies to genreplebs). Mentally ill people are drawn to writing and other types of art since it's a way of coping.

Attached: kanye.jpg (553x692, 62K)

yes

Let em crucify You. What You said is definitely part of the puzzle although I am projecting my own OCD bias and experience.

Even Freud called religion mass OCD.

Elizabeth Holmes

Attached: elizabeth holms eyes 2.jpg (1200x675, 70K)

Her and Zuckerberg should have a kid, just for curiosity.

Fuck is she a normie meme now?
youtube.com/watch?v=GVYYZMOWyr4

>If you sit alone in a room making shit up and constantly investigating yourself and everyone else, it's probably going to take a toll
Fuck I hope this isn't true

Shit, she even looks like the zucc in drag. There needs to be research into the bugman phenotype.

Nice dubs

wanting to kill yourself isn't very good for the free market

Prove it then.

If all As are Bs, then are all Bs As?

Writers are definitely mostly mentally ill, but just because you're mentally ill in no way means you have any sort of creativity at all.

She's draining out my soul through her eyes

>personality disorder
>mood disorder

Attached: 6rZ8g8R.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Are you 14 or do you actually believe this garbage lmao