he has ever paid for an ebook

> he has ever paid for an ebook
do first-worlders really?

Attached: 13777794479946.png (409x409, 183K)

>he wastes 30 minutes of his life looking through sketchy russian bookz sites to save himself 5 bucks
imagine unironically being a poorfag

yeah i do bc the kindle app looks nicer than the books app

what are you on about grandad it takes 30 seconds to find an ebook

>ebooks
I like having shelves of the books i've read

Stop treating books like they're videogame achievements. They're to be enjoyed not conquered, brainlet.

yes. there are people who don't steal from writers. imagine that

can't they be enjoyed and conquered?

why yes, i am Russian and downloading any book in my language is a matter of 10 seconds and 2 clicks, how did you know?

Attached: 1553406828514.jpg (676x682, 235K)

> he thinks any of that goes to writers, 95% of whom are now dead
la creatura..

btw i have about 64 books on my kindle (not counting disctionaries and pre-installed stuff, it was a gift), and i paid for exactly 0 of them

I bought one once for like £2 because i couldn't find it online, not even on private trackers. But if i can't find an ebook for free i usually just get a physical copy.

It's actually faster

>how did you know
because you spoke like a major poorfag
russians and other third worlders are really proud of saving what is hours of work for them while in real countries it's no more an investment than a gas station hot dog and soda - just impulse purchases with no effect on your life

> hours of work for them
are you an actual slow internet nigger? it takes less than 1 minute to find and download shit. thrice faster than filling in your card info even.

I myself download books to evaluate them. If I like it, I buy it in paper to save on my bookshelf. Judging by the quantity of shit I ever read it would be a waste of money to buy everything just because I can.
Also consider this: in Russia beer and vodka cost cheaper than books. Average book costs $10 (some people work 1+ week for it) while beer and vodka cost less than $1.

>paying for 1s and 0s which can be duplicated at zero cost
Only the eternal anglo would be smug enough hist western moral argument is somehow superior, even when faced with information-theoretical inevitability.

> 10$
only for expensive bookstorefags. actual patricians buy from bookinists (secondhand books), 1-3$ per book on average.
i don't think i've ever bought a book that costed over 5$
> beer and vodka
for vodka 3.5$ per 0.5l is mandatory minimal price, average is about 5$. beer that tastes like piss is 1$/l on sale, or 1$/0.5l for halfway decent beers

based theory for 40 iq anons who can't into data abstractions

also
> 10$ is a week's+ salary
you got it mixed with some african shitholes. while ~120$ a month is a minimum wage, most people earn more than that, especially in actual cities. in Moscow "average" salary would be around 500$/month. not great but the costs of living are also lower.

IKR, selling information in market sound manner involves reverse auction + NUMS produced sample, yet the damn anglos almost never do it.

>you got it mixed with some african shitholes
like any city except for Moscow and St. Petersburg

Attached: what_now_poordroids.png (1859x824, 452K)

I've bought one (1) ebook, because it was half the price of the physical and I needed it for class the next day. I looked everywhere for it but I guess since it was a relatively new, lesser known, nonfiction book, it wasn't available anywhere. Since then I have spread it and even found other places with it but that was my one (1) and only ebook purchase

I mean yes, minimal week salary is actually higher than $10, but there are also minimal week needs such as food and necessities which almost do not leave much money to afford a book.

>too stupid to know how to internet
>pays into an inferior service rife with DRM and corporate spying/overreach
>boasts about it
imagine ironically being this retarded

Average is elevated because of oligarchs and politicians, median is around $350, not to say that commute/rent is higher. Still, many people prefer to work here, because situation is even worse in other cities, even if we take PPP in account.

if you consider italy a first world nation then no. I've never paid for a single ebooks and I only buy books that I can't find online (in italian).
Always used tntvillage which is an italian torrent provider made by the Radical Party which promotes culture, there are hundred thousands of books there downloadable for free. I've read something like 100-150 books but I've bought something like 3-4 so if you consider the medium price of a book 5€ I've avoided paying 500-750€ and that's pretty nice

tntvillage being made by a political larty is completely ad-free so no russian shit no ads or whatever

It sounds like silly romanticisation of reading, but I feel that ebooks reduce how special books can be. If I can just access any book at the touch of a button, there's some lost aspect to the whole process. I like the journey to the bookstore, the searching for the book, the annoyance when I can't find the write copy or edition. The smells, sights and sounds of book-reading are all dear to me, and I feel that an e-reader does away with all that for the sake of ease. Of course, I will read academic papers in PDF format or epub, purely because most of them are out-of-print or impossibly difficult to locate. But for fiction, and most larger books, I insist on getting paper copies. Plus, bitches love a library. It's the difference between sticking on Netflix and hooking your Alienware up to the TV to play some hardcoded-subbed camrip of the latest Marvelshit.

>man you gotta respect institutions n private property n laws
>gets literal brainwashing chemicals in his food, water source, and air by courtesy of the CIA™
kek, I kinda miss the US

stop treating videogames like books. they are meant to be enjoyed.

It's literally faster to pirate a book than it is to buy it legally. It takes me 15 seconds maximum.
I have approximately 3,000 e-books and never paid a cent.

>what is library genesis

How is someone this fucking ignorant of piracy posting on Yea Forums? Is it your first week online?

2bh I just want an e-reader that will last me 30 years and be comfortable to hold and look at.
My book collection murders me every time I have to move and I wouldn't mind digitizing the whole thing except for the few antiques.
I will probably do this when my last indie bookshop gets smothered by amazonberg.

based vk.com