Does anyone else here not really read any fiction? Or maybe only a bit?

Does anyone else here not really read any fiction? Or maybe only a bit?

Attached: 1554505866943s.jpg (244x250, 7K)

I read poetry, theology and philosophy

People who don't read fiction 'because it's fiction' aren't real people

Explain. I am just not that interested in stories.

It's ideological, like hardcore racism
>oh I love this dish, who made it?
>our finest Senegalese chef sir
>I'm going to throw up

The same kind of people who only read autobiographies 'because they want the human connection', while completely dismissing that fiction is often a deep and nuanced look into just that.

The fact that events or characters described in a book didn't occur in the same reality in which we live does not make it fundamentally untrue. Human beings can be stupid and cowardly, and are sometimes too deeply flawed to experience truth as it occurs in the world around them. In those cases, they have to have truth couched in fantasy for them to understand and learn from it.

>i am genuinely racist
>I also read autobiographies
>mfw
I just feel it is a waste of time like movies or videogames. I am not trying to offend anyone here. I just enjoy learning.

Attached: 1554508765635.jpg (800x698, 389K)

Hello philosophical zombie scum

I, at least, am not offended by what you are saying, but I also recognize that the thoughts and feelings you're expressing are the manifestation of a serious defect that is impairing your ability to fully enjoy and experience life, and I want to help you.

Fiction, movies, and videogames are EXCELLENT sources of learning. By failing to learn from them, you're badly hurting yourself.

i dont either but i also dont read non fiction

Maybe it is my depression, I find it hard to enjoy things, thank you for your kind response. Personally I have played videogames for my entire life and am kind of sick of them too. Maybe I am burnt out.
Please explain. Sometimes I do read philosophy books. Or at least I have.

One way to cultivate an understanding and enjoyment of something you aren't currently able to fully appreciate, is to try your hand at creating it. In the act of attempting to produce something you don't fully appreciate, you are forced to come to grips with elements of that thing that you don't currently understand or recognize, and you can benefit from learning from those things really greatly.

It can't cure or reverse depression, but it CAN add value and meaning to your life. Maybe that could be an approach that helps you?

>videogames
movies maybe, depends wich one
i don't read anything that isn't nonfiction, just some cuentos

Everything is fiction, bro.

thats a dumb argument, something can be well made but simply not interesting because of its content, kubrik directing a documentary about snails will be boring despite being well made.

>no matter who writes fiction it'll be analogous to a snail documentary
user, I..

Only a little bit, but it's just that I have too little time to both read all the non-fiction I want and fiction on top of that.
The little that I do read is mainly to improve my French.

Movies are the WORST place to learn there is. Think about how much it costs to make a movie, look at the returns, then think who is able to make a movie and why.

Maybe 10% of books what I read is fiction.

Last 10 books I've read, only 1 has been fiction.

I read mostly biographies, memoirs, criticisms, autobiographies, historical narratives etc.

>theology
so, fiction?

Unless, of course, you want to learn what the Jews think you need to think.

I do, but feel bad about it. It's escapist degeneracy, same as vidya or fapping.

retard, read the post

>12937877
>I just feel it is a waste of time like movies or videogames. I am not trying to offend anyone here. I just enjoy learning.

thats your issue philosophy is a critique of life and what is life without culture? How can you claim to read philosophy and understand without being acquainted with the cultures of the time? Movies are especially important to this point for movies are parodys or more correctly mirrors reflecting the times. How can one read philosophy-"ways of thinking about the world"- without looking upon the ways of thinking of world that are present? Nonsense, to be acquainted with culture is by far one of the most necessary aspect to non-fiction books. Like seriously your going to read a critique of ways thinking about world by various people that their ways of thinking about their world reflects and is an impression of their society? Sure you can read only non-fiction but to exclusively read non-fiction is nothing but patzer ideology, reading what put impressions and made the people your reading is essential to reading non-fiction. You can read non-fiction, fine, but not reading fiction or reading non fiction exclusively is fraud and larping your knowledge of the world or non-fiction you read

Mostly history and theology, personnally.

this is exactly along the lines of what my prof. said when a student complained of him assigning a classical fiction book(Anna Karenina I think?) but more along the lines of him berating the student for if he is a student of philosophy he is a student of studying life and death and beyond so what is fiction to him? And also claimed those who only read philosophy and are not acquainted with modern cultures(movies,books,etc) are coping with their self-consciousness.

>Book is pretty good I read fiction here and there its good for the mind

Attached: 44EB2087-EA75-4C84-BB0B-95F977D3FC5B.jpg (960x540, 68K)

>The fact that events or characters described in a book didn't occur in the same reality in which we live does not make it fundamentally untrue.
Yes, yes it does. If it is untrue it is untrue. Stop defending sugar literature, you might like it but it's not healthy.