What version of LOTR should I buy?

What version of LOTR should I buy?

pic related is seemingly the only hardcover boxed set that includes The Hobbit and The Silmarillion but it's $400

Attached: 1c297573-b596-45f9-a712-c71aef87ab10.jpg (800x800, 594K)

You can't buy an entire hardcover box set containing Lotr, The Hobbit AND The Silmarillion cheaply user are you insane? It took me 4 months to get all those books in hardcover and in the modern black stylistic estate release so the styles don't clash, it involved lots of going around shops and pre-bookings in tons of different places in case they became avaliable, also about 200$ and three seperate purchases.

Order seperately or pay up.

Attached: k20v5je7rbj11.jpg (3024x4032, 1.15M)

lmaoing @ you decoration fags, pic related cost me below 10 euro total and I stole the Fellowship and torrented an epub of the silmarillion, and at the end of the day I've still read the same words as you have

Attached: asdasdefe.jpg (1020x1828, 330K)

>b-b-but what about muh smell

$400 and the life of an innocent cow, just for your LARPy fetishism for old looking books

a cow is much better off being a book desu

I didn't say I was going to buy it

Leatherbound books are garbage. Not only are the uncomfortable to hold but they're susceptible to dry rotting. If you're going for a high end book, go clothbound.

Four hundred dollars sounds like a lot of money for just some books

see

the DVD editions are kino, but they haven't yet released one for Silmarillion, so you'll have to get that in a different edition
and yes, that pun was intentional

this one is nice

Attached: e672826802bf44c14a450427216646d257ba5797.jpg (246x400, 12K)

I have this and they're very comfy to hold in one hand and carry with me, also soft. The text is very small, almost like reading a pocket bible. Not saying that's necessarily bad.

Go with something like this my lad.

Attached: it3ladkg3tp21.jpg (4160x3120, 978K)

>GRRM to the left
Why are you letting the Fat man touch Tolkien

>not getting the red book of westermarch hardcover copy of all 3 parts of the Lord of the rings and then green hardcover of the hobbit
You are a pleb

>reading LotR

>buying hardcover lotr
congrats on outing yourself as a tasteless pseud

What is the point of the reader's companion and why is it 900 pages long?

Think of it as a commentary that serves to deepen your understanding of Middle-Earth.

Disgusting. Do you stack your hentai manga next to your bible too?

not them, but yes, don't you?

I keep my 120 Days of Sodom next to my Bible, yeah
It's a very interesting thing to do. Each time my arm stretches out towards the shelf I have to make a great moral decision. A mere milimeter is separating the salvation from Satan.

a recent Silmarillion hardcover release has nice illustrations that are definitely worth the cost

Attached: 6AlmR5z.jpg (2937x2041, 774K)