Others like PKD

I love PKD's writing, it's entertaining and full of heart and good concepts and I can read through them like nothing. I don't like slogging through highbrow shit just to say that I did.

Who are some other writers like PKD?

Attached: pkd.jpg (211x239, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

philipkdickaward.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jack Vance
Ursula Le Goin
Michael Moorcock
Asimov
Grrm

JG Ballard's 70s stuff, High Rise, Concrete Island, Crash etc. It aint aint sci fi but its good shit

>Asimov
Dull. Not at all like PKD.

Harlan Ellison

ask reddit unironically

Arthur S. Halsey Jr., if you can find any of it

Alastair Reynolds

I was reading Roberto Bolaño's The Spirit of Science Fiction a few months ago and I made a list of all the persons he mentions (pic related). Bolaño was a huge sci-fi fan even going as far as considering Dick as one of the best writers of the 20th century and including a line from an obscure Soviet author very few people have heard of in his manifest. I hope the list helps, user.

Attached: 20190414_192230.jpg (1126x1263, 1.12M)

Doesn't have to be science fiction necessarily, just looking for anything that well written with good concepts that isn't a total slog to read or masturbatory

alred bester definitely. the demolished man seems like something dick would write

Clive Barker's a smooth and soulful writer, his stuff is horror if that interests you. I recommend Cabal to start with. Also, check out Grant Morrison's the Invisibles. It's inspired by Dick's personal experiences and lots of other conspiracy lore; it really draws you in.

Wallace
Pynchon
Joyce

>Who are some other writers like PKD?
You might try here:
>philipkdickaward.org/
They try to summon his spirit a bit. I read one of them; Headcrash by Bruce Bethke. He had many of the same strengths and weaknesses as PKD. This may be what you seek.

Attached: never.enough.dicks.png (750x670, 810K)

Attached: she's.waiting.jpg (168x300, 9K)

Lol

Good post

There is a back issue of the Lifted Brow with a story in it. Most of the zines he's in have gone 404.

All of the authors of that list are great,didn't know Bolaño was so based

I actually love DFW but I already read IJ and Oblivion, like pynchon a lot as well read V and TCOL49. Not ready for GR yet and M+D I put down at the third chapter, thought it was boring and nonsensical in the least endearing way.

Haven't touched Joyce and not sure if I ever will.

>Silverberg
Criminally underrated with a massive output.

Recommended titles
>Book of Skulls
>Dying Inside
>Tower of Glass
>The Second Trip
>A World Inside

Ive read a couple others long ago but the titles escape me. They're a solid combination of psychadelia and intricate character study.

Barrington J. Bayley