Stephen King

Is he a meme author or is actually good? I've seen some people compare him to Shakespeare.

Attached: IMG_1269.jpg (414x403, 19K)

sometimes i feel like a pseud for disliking most of his works on some deeper level.
there's some unexplainable aroma of americanism, very specific, that feels like you're being lit-cucked.
again, i can't explain how or why, but reading King's works leaves a fecal aftertaste.

Attached: 1554791987346.png (714x810, 87K)

He's a pedo and he says mean things about Trump, who is also a pedo.

you're making them sound based

he's a cutie pumpkin pie

t. pedo

>sometimes i feel like a pseud for disliking most of his works on some deeper level.

I just read Pet Sematary, which is supposed to be one of his best, and I disliked it on a shallow pleb level. He has a bad habit of filling his descriptions with useless details and following his characters throughout all their boring routines like the protagonist is supposed to be the most interesting guy ever. They don't have to be the most psychologically complex characters, but I expect more from a whole novel. This is an inflated short story. There's only like 2 or 3 real plot points in all 400 pages and then his big scare is that a zombie kid says the f word. It was as scary as a cheesy b-movie. People say he's just nice to read and relax to, but I was just bored. I'd much rather read a fast-paced and tightly written crime/mystery novel, or even a delightful children's fantasy story, than trudge through a Stephen King tome.

Also in this and in Carrie he did the "Little did they know these characters would be dead in the next chapter" shit. It's such an artificial and cliche way of creating tension. Why do people think he's a modern day Shakespeare?

He has some good works but mostly its bland. I unironically think that he'd write superb comedy horror.

i think the same 2bh. his works all feel inflated as fuck, even the short stories, and are read exactly the same as cheapass prose sold at train stations.
i don't see how his horrors are different from mass-market no name detectives for middle-aged wine moms.
it's not notorably scary or disturbing too.
his writing style is not even good.

>and are read exactly the same as cheapass prose sold at train stations.

Nah I can admit he is a good step up from, say, James Patterson. King at least thinks about the themes of his stories, and his failed attempts at lyricism and inappropriate allusions to poetry show that he's at least trying to be somewhat literary.

for a whole Yea Forums he is a meme (if you are here you probably have developed taste for the good book)
but I don't hate him that much since he is the first author that got me into reading for fun

>his nose

He looks like a Who from Dr Seuss

He's J.K. Rowling for horror.

The R. L. Stine for adults

Define a "meme" author you idiotic vile dunce, god you faggots and your descriptive terminology

I like calling him Bruce Springsteen of literature because
1. His stuff can be appreciated by normies and patricians alike
2. However, some of his stuff is just normie trash
3. Overall, he's pretty good, but comparing him to a master like Shakespeare is retarded

I liked the dark tower series

> He has a bad habit of filling his descriptions with useless details and following his characters throughout all their boring routines
I actually like his writing for that pulpy, page-turning quality. On a chapter by chapter basis it's great. What sucks is he just writes for the sake of churning out pages and never edits it into something respectable and instead moves onto his next work.
I read through the uncut edition of The Stand and there is no payoff for anything. Characters just drop off the face of the earth and are forgotten by the narrative. It's awful.

>Patricians read Stephen King bro
OHNONONO HAHAHAHA

As he gets older his glasses get smaller

I think the Shakespeare comparison comes from how prolific his works are. Like theirs been a thousand adaptations of his books that are amazingly successful.
Even if most of the work that IS his is hyper-pulpy nonesense, there is are things he's written that are either fun or creative. IMO his best 2 are IT, and The Green Mile.

You don't get it. "No pay off" LOL I bet you're the same kind of person who listens to trance music for the sick dropz.
The Stand was about letting you live through the apocalypse and the types of societies and characters that arise in that scenario. The insane, the delusional, the adventurer, the dudes chilling beer in the river down yonder, the sheltered kids going through hell, the elusive spirits of evil beckoning west.

I prefer Richard Bachman, to be honest.

Then it should have kept its fragmented structure instead of building towards a climatic battle between good and evil, and then not delivering. It's King we're talking about. He just got bored and ended it in a shitty way with 100 pages left to go.

good low brow maybe