It's me or Game of Throne is a waste of time ?

Book and tv show are a waste of time no ? I'v never read/watch but it sound like pretty normis shit with the worst of Fantasy. Also most of the fan of that are really cringe (it's like the new harry potter). So what's is your opinion lit ?

Attached: 1534771671795.jpg (1500x1044, 194K)

Whatever, dude. It's just fantasy.
It's not meant to be smart or philosophical. It's just entertainment.

Fantasy can be smart o philosophical. Also i just ask if it's good. Honestly i'm tired to see everybody around me be like "wow GOT is just the best * onions boy face* " The librarian of my school was suprise when i say i don't like GOT because nothin intrest me in this series

"But user ! You are the great reader of the school !"

So yeah i'm lazy. But i don't want to start big paving stone like GOT and be like "wow i was right that boring".

So Yea Forums is it good or just nomies shit like 50 shade of gay or Harry smoker ?

Is English your second language? Anyway, who gives a fuck? Start reading it and if you don't like it then stop reading.

I haven't read it only because I like the book to be done after I'm finished with one book.

but my money reeeee

Game of thrones is fantasy trash. GRRM starts enough narratives at once that when you’re being bored to death in one part of Westeros, you still might be interested enough to read 5 chapters to get back to John snow’s plot line or whatever dumb shit.
Also, GRRM is hailed as being brave for being willing to kill his characters, but he’s formulated it to such an extent that that’s now boring as fuck.
GRRM is merely prolific, which means he tells the right time every few hundred thousand words... nothing to be taken seriously. Any fanboy reading those books is reading them only because the TV show - I defy any GoT fan to tell me they’ve only read the books.

you read it ?

I did try. Not into fantasy though.

I read it then I watched it.

Its fine. Nothing grand. You can't absorb high literature all the time or else you end up having no reference pointa regarding quality and you end up forming opinions based on other people's opinions instead of your own

>guys I le hate GRRM do I fit in yet?
lmao cringe

I guess so. I was entertained by the TV show, though moments like the explosion of the sept of baelor where 20 different subplots are destroyed in 10 seconds seemed so reckless. Basically nullified the entire preceding season. The plot seems way too haphazardly improvised, like Martin feels obliged to throw in at least 1 massive fuck you to the entire fan base in every book.

>really cringe
No, OP, you are the cringe. Teens and adults who like Harry Potter and GoT are (usually) just being enthusiastic about a thing they like; they're not desperately trying to fit into a group they think is cool and unironically using the word 'normie'. But anyway, you sound like you're 15 years old, and a certain amount of cringeworthy pretension is probably inevitable for your stage of life.

>a waste of time
If you view your time in that utilitarian way, sure- they're just entertainment, and clearly not the best entertainment either. The TV show is (mostly) good fun but it's no Sopranos or Dekalog. But living in fear of 'wasting your time' sounds like a recipe for madness to me, especially if you then go on to spend your oh-so-valuable time on websites like this one.

Not OP, but...
>they're not desperately trying to fit into a group they think is cool
Are you certain? I've had the opposite view of them for some time now.
>If you view your time in that utilitarian way, sure- they're just entertainment
Entertainment is a great thing in itself, but GoT is nihilistic and banal - the opposite of what entertainment should be about.

>I'v never read/watch
These are the post that kill this board

>Are you certain?
Obviously I don't know, but it seems a reasonable assumption. I mean Harry Potter and Game of Thrones are overwhelmingly popular, so there's little-to-no outsider cachet to liking them. They're also very easily consumed, so I can't see any element of 'forcing yourself' to enjoy it just to fit in.

Even if they are trying to fit into a group, I doubt they're trying to fit into a group with the express purpose of looking down on non-members, again because the products are so mainstream. Attempting to be part of a 'superior' group seems more cringe to me than simply attempting to fit into a group.

An exception might be GoT 'book fans' who look down on people who like the show, I guess. There's plenty of scope for cringe in that phenomenon.

Oooops, meant to link to

You damn right.

So it's mind numbing drek?

What would you regard as best of fantasy OP? Interested to see what you would deem worth your time.
The show has attracted a lot of interest because it will have opened a lot of 'normies' (your cringy word, not mine) up to a possibility of fantasy as mainstream entertainment and also because it's clearly not for kids.
The books are nothing special but decent for sprawling cod-medieval rip offs of the war of the roses. If anything, I would say don't bother because GRRM will never finish them now - the show will finish them off and he will be robbed of momentum while he sits on his sack of cash.

It's fun.

Attached: 1531773123737.jpg (500x500, 37K)

I've read the main series of books.
It's easy to read, the story is fine and some characters are interesting. I can see the appeal to a person who doesn't read at all and bought the first book because everyone was talking about it (just like Harry Potter but for young kids).
I'm not going to read what comes next. First because the writer clearly doesn't give a shit anymore, and because I got better books.

God that image brings back memories

me on the right

>waste of time
What is not a waste of time?

>Hasn't read the book.
>Not even a fucking forty pages in.
>Hasn't watched the show.
>Not even a fucking two episodes in.
>Wastes this much time wondering if he should invest time in something that could be potentially enjoyable
>Wastes time worrying about wasting time.
What a dumbass.

Attached: 1553556292400.gif (352x317, 2M)

The show is good, maybe not the last few seasons but they are watchable.
The books seem to long to be worth it, you can read so much more instead of some fantasy series with no point.