Faith is not only superior to reason but it is what holds reason to have any validity...

Faith is not only superior to reason but it is what holds reason to have any validity. Every distinguishable account of any process of perception and apperception is reliant on faith. It is, as well, what serves to the negation of all of it.
It is through faith that reality emerges.

Attached: 154.jpg (1024x1001, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EStEiPVcyPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: Fr. Roderick watches the Star Wars trailer.webm (852x480, 1.94M)

I'd write a proper reply, but im just gonna tell you to think through your position a little bit more.

Attached: file.png (423x347, 74K)

Hahah! No.
>t. actual schizophrenic

FAITH IS TO REASON WHAT AN END IS TO A MEDIUM.

Attached: M M 187.png (1263x648, 79K)

>Faith is not only superior to reason but it is what holds reason to have any validity.
Hmm, Not sure I quite agree. Faith to me, is the practice of ones reasoning in the vectors of Hope.
For instance with Kierkegaard, when one takes his step, the leap of faith, what they are doing is actualizing the hopes of their Faith into reality by habits of practice.

>Every distinguishable account of any process of perception and apperception is reliant on faith.
I would disagree here, Faith is beyond perception and apperception.
Because Faith is ruled by ones will, not their intellectual mind.

>It is, as well, what serves to the negation of all of it.
Pardon?
>It is through faith that reality emerges.
I would go further and claim that truth becomes distinguished from inside reality by Faith.

FAITH, REASON, VOLITION, ARE THE FACTORS OF A COMPLETE PERSONALITY.

Attached: M M 188.png (1263x650, 115K)

Not OP but how is faith being beyond perception at odds with OP's point. Faith can be beyond it yet perception can rely on it. Seems like the exact thing you've written in your closing sentence.

The solidity of any system - both practical, virtuous and conceptual, intellectual - is harmonically crafted by this principle of Faith. This is what holds together and gives coherence to beliefs. It is an element in human composition that glues all reality (of any kind).
By this I mean that all distinctive forms of understandings are reduced to this same principle.

I would invert and say that Faith is the efficient cause that moves reason, material cause, to attain a solid system, a specific reality, that is the final cause.

Attached: 654.jpg (366x488, 19K)

he applied the idea faith is responsible for all perceptions, I am being a lot more specific in my ending line.

You can observe phenomena without Faith, but with Faith you can understand the truth behind the phenomena.

youtube.com/watch?v=EStEiPVcyPA

You can observe them but can you even assume they are experienced without faith?

I agreed with all of it until the last line
>By this I mean that all distinctive forms of understandings are reduced to this same principle
I do not agree that you can reduce it, same principles sure, but there naunced issues when applying these ideas generally and not relatively.

Yes, I'd say no.
I define experience to mean "the capturing of essence".

To have faith is to affirm what has been revealed? And how do you know if it has been revealed? Through Reason.

>I would invert and say that Faith is the efficient cause that moves reason, material cause, to attain a solid system, a specific reality, that is the final cause.

FAITH BEING THE END TO THE MEDIUM THAT IS REASON DOES NOT ENTAIL THAT FAITH IS «MOVED» BY REASON, BUT RATHER CONVERSELY.

>uses reason to justify faith

What I meant is that developed understanding on perceptions, founded responses that one gives to them depend on faith.

Yes, it could be said that Faith is what moves reason and what reason aims to. It's like a cycle. Reason inflamed by Faith unfurls itself seeking empowerment of Faith.

The ground of skepticism is faith as well.

Attached: 54.jpg (940x1200, 126K)

1. HE IS EXPLICATING, NOT JUSTIFYING.

2. REASON INTELLECTUALIZES FAITH, AND BELIEF; IT DOES NOT JUSTIFY THEM; FAITH, AND BELIEF, ARE JUSTIFIED BY THE LIGHT OF GOD WHICH IS WHAT ROUSES FAITH, AND CAUSES BELIEF, IN THE FIRST PLACE.

3. REASON REACHES SUBLIMITY WHEN IT IS USED TO ARTICULATE AND VERBALIZE FAITH, AND BELIEF.

Attached: SANTA CATARINA – FRANCISCO DE ZURBARÁN.jpg (932x1600, 256K)

No no, you misunderstand. Faith itself is simply wrong at all events. That is why I was right to post the Weird Al video, to mock you. Keep posting early 20th century bimbos to keep with your well-coiffed thing.

Just off the charts. Go back to /x/

Attached: D998CAAD-5A85-44F7-B5EC-DB97B3B3564A.jpg (800x453, 69K)

PRODIGAL VANESSA, UNTIL YOU TURN YOUR FIRE TO LIGHT, YOU WILL REMAIN UNWORTHY OF YOUR WINGS.

What if we just believe that green is green and your green is actually my red?

This is stoner teen philosophy at best. There's obviously an objective quality to existence. Reason is the superiour tool to faith precisely because it is a universal method.

Say we find stone etchings from 8k BC, with some natural constants like speed of light on them. We would immediately be able to connect with these long death minds for their reason. A shared language transcending time and space.

If we were to find etchings of fat women instead, we'd believe it a carving of a fertility goddess.

Honestly, post like yours always make me realise what pseuds habitate Yea Forums. You desperately want to be a big brain, but maths hard, so you find ways to feel superiour to other people. For baseless claims.

Your conviction in faith for the existence of perception, is the sequence to knowledge, fallacies and non sequiturs in reason lead to this misinterpreted knowledge of yours.

Or maybe perception of faith itself, which is reasoning of knowledge leading to knowledge, I am such a pleb. Messed up somewhere

Existence to knowledge itself which funnels through reason and misattributed as faith leads to knowledge.

Damn...

Your parents had faith you wouldn't turn into a massive faggot too but here we are.

Most true.

You are the brainlet here. Every argument you could make is made trusting in a world and a memory formed by faith. Faith their same meaning will be there tomorrow. Nothing is guaranteed to you. Only children and brainlets believe that.

>Faith their same meaning will be there tomorrow

Attached: lol.png (500x593, 227K)

I like this thread. Just want to encourage op and other debaters if they give a shit.

^^

you dont formulate and reason out from the ground up every new thought you have. you vet it through your personal experience and opinions, and you take it on faith that you are making sense.

That's just empty wordplay to inject the word faith where it doesn't belong.
The assumption that the world continues being one of cause and effect is not a matter of faith. Implicit deductions from experience are matters of reason, not faith.

>faith that door still means door tomorrow
Brainlet tier attempts at sounding deep. Anything can change, but it does so within reasonable constraints such as timeframe.

Experience is not faith. If anything, deducing rules for how the universe works from ones experiences and projecting those into the future is an application of logic. That things remain to a degree uncertain does not disprove that concept.

Of course. However, denial is a strong set of beliefs competing with this.

you still dont understand.

Nice pasta. Who wrote it?

Is gravity a matter of faith? Is the speed of light, thernodynamics, chemistry?

Obviously facts exist that are objective. They are not a matter of faith. In fact, no matter your faith, reality is certain. It can even go against your whole perception of reality to witness such facts.
Therefore, an objective mode of communication in which ideas make sense within preset, common parameters can exist. That means that reason can be used, relied upon and shared between individuals.

Now, since we aren't omniscient, ojr communication does retsi a degree of uncertainty. That's okay, since it's a factor we are aware off and can work against as much as possible.

>tl;dr
Mirrors are real even if our eyes aren't.

Dude yr capslock button is on. Anything written that way just gets scrolled past by most people. Inb4 capslock is cruise control for cool.

Attached: 1554775917220.jpg (768x432, 40K)

>yr capslock button is on.

IT IS OFF, WHICH IS HOW I AM TYPING IN UPPERCASE LETTERING.

>Anything written that way just gets scrolled past by most people.

I DO NOT WRITE/POST FOR «MOST PEOPLE»; IF YOU DO NOT FEEL THE DISPOSITION TO READ UPPERCASE LETTERING, MY POSTS ARE NOT FOR YOU, AND IT IS YOUR LOSS, NOT MINE.

Attached: LITTLE ANY.jpg (1506x1020, 265K)

Ok...why are you using upper case?

Universe dosen't give a single fuck about your faith. The you exist only because of reason allowed humanity to becpme apex preditor of entire biosphere and create noosphere.

No. Faith is universal too. It is a conscious and unconscious element, the first impulse to validate rational connections. Reason is the only source humans have to construct anything systematic that serves as an understanding of reality.