Do you prefer reading books that affirm your world view, or ones that challenge it?

Do you prefer reading books that affirm your world view, or ones that challenge it?

Attached: 9.jpg (850x1200, 127K)

Ones that make me look smarter and get laid

Attached: 1551655739757.jpg (360x360, 14K)

I have sincere doubts being well read has ever helped get one laid.

Books that are rigorous and sound in their analysis, whether they agree with me or not.

I like books that slightly challenge my worldview.

Both

My “views” (if they truly exist at all and can be called that) are so inconsistent and so ever changing that I read whatever theory I come across.

Attached: BE6B6482-E5B8-4575-A4BC-45924A3245BC.png (640x731, 113K)

Books that my small manlet brain can easily argue against, whether I agree with them or not

both. they enhance my understanding of such phenomena.

Anyone who still needs their wouldview "challenged" past the tender age of 25 is a brainlet. I thought about life and my role in it long and hard enough to become firmly dogmatic in my beliefs and anyone who dares to present an alternative is brushed away like an irritating buzzing fly.

Attached: 7kbbccbc.jpg (564x483, 23K)

It's possible. I nailed a white woman once for a few months after seducing her with some Nietzsche and other pseud philosophers. But soon she cheated on me with some rich fag.

t.poorbrownie

Based and basedpilled.

May I, o dear Anonos, inquire what concludes your line of thought about life and your role in it?

Challenge, because I don't want to be right

Systematic shitposting has turned me into an unironic contrarian, everything that challenges my worldview affirms it

Opposite here. I'm probably highly intelligent, but I can't stand conflict and want to agree with everything I read.

I am a pessimist, btw

I wish I had a world view

>I'm probably highly intelligent

i don't have a world view

Seems a fair assumption based on how well I did in school and university. Not sure though I haven't done any proper general intelligence test since the 11 plus to get into grammar school...

quick maths:
>average IQ: 100
>did well in school: +/- 0
>did well in university: +10 (if real subject in major)
>posts on Yea Forums lit: - 10
>wants to agree with everything he reads: -30
>your IQ: 70
sit your ass down, brainlet

Trips confirms

affirm it. ones that challange it tap into the huge amount of anger i try to seal away.

Attached: 28168136_1549810705134403_5728330490689771446_n.jpg (600x800, 104K)

I haven't read a book in years. I watch anime and write.

>major
Murrican detected. That's a solid -20 for you, pal.

only if you count my country as some sort of 52nd state. europe has this major-plus-minor system in the humanities and liberal arts as well, which is not a bad thing, since you can broaden your views and enlarge your skill set.

Everyone is wrong and I am right

I agree that it's a good thing. I'm a Britbong and I feel like I was pushed into a single subject far too early.

On the flipside, though, from what I've seen of US bachelor's degrees the introductory courses are trivial stuff that would be covered in school in the UK. I guess that's because they have large numbers of students who aren't particularly good at the subject or aren't dedicated to it.

Dumb frogposter

I prefer books that help me build a cool setting for my video games.

Induration is not surety, Arthur.

I prefer 80-90% smoothly falling into place ("yes, this is this feeling I've had and could never put my finger on") and 10-20% surprise and feeling challenged to think of something in a new way.

If the book is too far from my world views I might be happy to have read it for the input but I won't enjoy reading it very much.

i don't have a world view

I want ones that give me new worldviews because the world doesn't revolve around me