Haruki Murakami

“If you can love someone with your whole heart, even one person, then there's salvation in life. Even if you can't get together with that person.”

― Haruki Murakami, 1Q84
I have just read this quote and I find myself at lost.
What did he unironically mean by this ??

Attached: Murakami.jpg (3840x2160, 2.22M)

Why are you people all so literate yet you don't know what the word unironically means

It's a meme lmao

Bump

It was a sentence that he used to pad out 3 volumes' worth of meaningless drivel that ends with 42 loose ends.

>needing a book to answer every question you have
cringe

Love provides life with value

His inability to tie up the loose ends makes the whole narrative into a meandering, pointless mess. He clearly wrote each chapter without any idea about what was coming next. This is called a potboiler. Sorry

LOVE is THE GOOD

All philosophy and religion boils down to this.

All politics are an inhuman (read: Satanic) denial of this principle.

>romantic love is all you need for salvation

Attached: horsemen.jpg (738x870, 50K)

I don't think it takes much thought to work this out?

The feeling of love, drives you think for another person and to put them above your own wants. When you aren't thinking about yourself it is easier to live.

At least in my experience I can understand the thought. When you are obsessed with yourself you can easily go through times of despair where all you do is focus on what you are doing wrong, but when you care for someone else you can focus on how to make them happy and seek enjoyment and purpose from that.

Romantic love is love of God through his works

how fucking pleb are you

>Romeo and Juliet were saved by their love
Without intending to love and seek God that kind of love borders on idolatry.

Christcucks should hang by the neck desu

Backward thinking degenerate.

>tips

Attached: DLEpahyXkAADtc8.jpg (1024x969, 248K)

I mean it's a question of literary criticism whether Romeo and Juliet's love was just passion and ego or real and caring love, but either way you're being mad gay and fundamentalist probably cause you have no girl there by your side and for that I'm sorry.

yes, but you only addressed half the quote. I think OP may be conflicted with "even if you can't get together with that person" as it sets the context of a romantic love. What if you care for someone else in that way and try to make them happy, but eventually this person get together with another one. That will make you miserable no matter what.

you're a retard.

Attached: F7B0F199-52BF-4C6F-B800-C51278A58AE6.jpg (1920x1088, 484K)

The specifics of their love don't pertain to the question of salvation, or ultimate meaning. Which is what Murakami seems to be hinting at with his choice of words.

>u have no girl
But I do, for 3 year now.
And that's why I can be more objective about relationships.

Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

LOVE is the only kind of freely willed and solely positive affirmation of another that is based on nothing but identification of and with and empathy for another in their particular form. love could move mountains, but amorphous and transient in nature it never will- love belongs to the domain of individuals and there it will exalt its subjects.

I'm not concerned with this abstract "salvation" but their is an ultimate meaning to love. Loving the living and life is far healthier than your christian love of death
And I have three girlfriends technically I love more than three.

But you don't do anything with them, yes?

:3

Okay this is the actual me. I'm not letting you do anything. You haven't done anything sexual right? I'm sorry this is repetitive :3

No. Just three of them.
I know the difference between carnality and simple love. I was just making a funny.

>I'm sorry this is repetitive
Then try never saying any of it again. Oh, you're not sorry, you're an ass.

>I'm an ass
I'm not the one lying about sexual experiences! >:3

You're. Not. Allowed. To. Do. Anything.

You haven't done anything sexual with any of those women have you?

Like recently, I mean. Since this started.

I don't care about before it started ofc

Based. The lovepill is the bittersweet medicine, my friends.

aaaaand now she's masturbating to me :3

Love only has ultimate meaning in the Christian sense, willing what is good for the other, submitting to God, self-sacrifice, humility, living with dignity and charity to give glory to Christ.
The word "love" is misused today to justify all sorts of self-harm, self-abuse and deranged lifestyles. They are too vulgar to even mention.

>Christian love of death
>we love life
On the contrary: "All those who hate me love death." Proverbs 8:36
"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:8

For us there is the resurrection unto life, the freedom from the bondage of sin and death. Becoming what we were meant to be. All our choices having consequences into eternity.
For the rest there is just the sickness unto death, confusion and vanity, slavery to their vices followed by intense sadness and misery when they realize they traded their souls for momentary distractions.
But there is still time to repent.

Attached: 98879687657657567576.jpg (682x900, 72K)

>They are too vulgar to even mention.
larping as some kind of sensitive old man on a racist hentai website is rich

>this world is perverted so how can you exist in it?
I try to be careful.
Also the moderation on this site is much better than it was before. It's easy to avoid dumb content.

blessed post.

christ dined with sinners and prostitutes. you can be among them without emulating them.

Butterfly stays up late on Fridays and Saturdays with me :3 I think she noticed I was staying up sometime last month.

She doesn't do this on any other day. She is really so cute in so many ways :3

When she masturbates she is probably cute too. I'm sorry if this is vulgar :( It's kind of nice having her do this in front of everyone though. Makes it even better. Knowing that she's mine doing it in front of you all.

And also that she treats you like shit :3

How does it feel everyone, knowing that butterfly treats you all like shit and is masturbating to me right now. UFFFFFFFfffffff FUCK SHE IS AWESOME. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON SHE IS AWESOME. YESTERDAYS COMMENT.

UFFFFFF

It's bittersweet my dude. If you can recognize that that person maybe for you but not you for them you do overcome it. It's difficult and painful but you do overcome it and when you do it does fulfill you and revives you when you realise you can care for said person, live for them and not be with them,

>praising mods
gay

Murakami never experienced oneitis thats what.

Huh. That's not bad at all. I wrote some similar stuff in my current manuscript. I read two of his other novels but dropped 1Q84 for some reason, guess I ought to go finish it.
You'll only be able to understand once you've been in love. Not lust or infatuation, by the way, but actual love. It's similar to the concept of platonic love, if you need a further hint.
Murakami is pretty alright.

Attached: 0ace00a309e696fb4e6d4875bd277315.jpg (1200x832, 159K)

>racist hentai website
You're a tool

>it's the :3 guy with his buttershit obsession
You need help dude

>I don't think it takes much thought to work this out?
It's just hard for me because I have never had a gf. I am an outsider looking in.

Attached: 1445957439517.png (1000x1144, 186K)

Murakami is a meme author and this is a faux deep line any 15 year old could come up with. OP do yourself a favour and stop reading, I read a lot of Murakami before I realised outside of maybe three or four books, it's all awful.

Can’t speak on IQ84 but I’ve read wind up bird chronicle and Murakami 100% took that novel on a bridge to nowhere

I liked Kafka on the shore though

He was talking about his 2d waifu.

There isn't a single murakami book that ends with no loose ends, tho. He probably goes "fuck it I'm done" and wraps it up on the spot

God invented cocaine and hookers, right? Sick, I've got a one-way ticket to heaven lads, and it's in a baggie shoved up my asshole.