What a time to be alive

So much negativity around here, but really we are living in the best of times. Philosophers with audiences nearly as plentiful as Netflix, the power of these people can really change society for the better.
I might even say that we are living in an age of Philosopher Kings.
Who is your favourite contemporary philosopher, and what is their best work?

Good suggestions here:
whatisitliketobeaphilosopher.com/

Attached: philosophers.jpg (616x402, 44K)

People thought radio and then television were going to be means to civilize the masses. It didn't happen; people got dumber.

We're happier, smarter, and more wealthy than ever.

Ron Paul
End the Fed

I could make the argument he is.

Rather, I think if you are engaging in a large degree of television and movies you aren't 'dumber' in the conventional sense, you are 'smarter' in the conventional sense, but you are just simply more brainwashed or indoctrinated, no more no less.

Television IS actually getting less popular, and if you talk to people you'll realize that. Movies are still pretty popular though. People need to realize that these things push certain agendas depending on who is funding them

:3

I think all the retardation presented by SJW and the sorts serves as a sort of wall to which our generation can oppose and make a stand; we now have to know how valuable are our values, why are they so important to maintain in our society. We now have meaning, a goal to strive towards.

From an American perspective, people probably thought this in the 1780s, 1860s, 1910s and 1960s and yet the SJWs of their day won. This time will be no different.

Someone stated something along these lines in a Honkler thread:
>I do not get to vote myself out of your clownworld
>you do not get to vote yourself out of genocide

>using the term philosopher king
>in 2019 A.D.
cringe

Attached: 40C881E600000578-4541446-image-m-27_1495720935422.jpg (306x434, 30K)

Is Jordan not king of the incels?

hm, because they fought alongside reason, do you really think those times compare to ours ? granted, maybe the '60s... but they woman emancipation wasn't exclusively a feminist moviment won, women was granted a great deal of freedom and choice through anticoncepcionals, and i giving only an example, any victory awarded to these movements, wasn't just because of one factor. Don't be so pessimistic user, we can do it.

As I see it, the US operates on a cyclic Wokeness model. Every 50-60 years or so Progressives work themselves into a frenzy over something or other. We're right on schedule for one of those episodes, assuming that the 60s were the last ATH of Wokeness. These periods tend to be followed by a major war as well.

Pretty good analysis, but try to picture like this, in 50-60 years what do you want to people to fight about ? the next schizophrenic delusion (possibly about robots and/or cybernetics) or the values that got we here ?

I don't want there to be fighting about values at all, I want to stop the Wokeness cycle.

that's like wanting to end low IQ people or schizophrenia... We have to be better user, if we don't have opposition values lose their meaning, like when people think free speech is a mean to say stupid shit and therefore we must end free speech, like saying racionalism is the cause of nazi germany and ussr and therefore we most scream out our lungs and make no sense whatsoever. If don't ever have someone to punch, why even get stronger ?

I do not think that you ever stop it; you just diminish it to a triviality. Once wokeness is a triviality, those that defeated it will be relegated to villains for having fought against what is, at that point, viewed as something petty and trivial. The truth will be obscured and evil will, once again, flourish in the shadows - unlike today, where it flourishes in the daylight.

It's the end of days, bro. Evil will prevail this time.

So it goes.

if it is the end of days i'll gladly fall beside you all, you magnificents bastards.

OP is either a moron, a teenager or both.

Dr. Jordan B. Peterson is the Plato of our times.

Defend this man with your life, brothers.

Attached: 1c14qnzb11rz.jpg (640x713, 49K)

OP is based and honkpilled

cringe

on average, but our smartest are dumber than ever