Yea Forums reads The Iliad and The Odyssey

Title says it all. Discussion of the Iliad will be next Sunday

discord.gg/SgFzzsQ

Attached: 9780147712554_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg (328x406, 40K)

Ill join for the odyssey.

Thanks mate. We'll start reading the Odyssey just after we finish discussing the Iliad. We'll do other side-readings on the meantime

>translated poetry

ill pass

Attached: 1553994723944.png (1050x1050, 761K)

>Not knowing Homeric Greek

Kek

why?

>not having it recited to him in the original dialect by his father who is the latest in an unbroken line that has kept the oral tradition alive for almost 3000 years
This board, baka

imo it's actually simpler that Attic, at least for a basic understanding. Word order is a lot looser etc

>he thinks he's well educated
>he doesn't know Latin, Greek and Sanskrit
Yikes.

Attached: 1553566742174.jpg (612x612, 20K)

I read it both, but several years ago
any good refreshers out there?

What are some decent books written in Sanskrit?

You can still participate in the disccusion. Maybe that'll refresh your mind

Mahabharata, Ramayana, Kalidasa’s plays

I've never read any Indian stuff. It's my rule to just read white heterosexual men

>tfw have read 4 separate translations of homer's works multiple times but don't want to get raped by discord trannies
oh well

well the greeks aren't white

>Discord
I would rather kill myself at the airport.

which translations did you read

> Discussion of the Iliad will be next Sunday

So we have one week to select a translation and read the whole thing? What about a group readalong, discussing a few books at a time?

how long does it take to pick a translation?
and the greeks read the whole thing aloud with dramatic pauses, toilet breaks etc in 3 evenings

We do a read-along with every book however the group already started some weeks ago. You can join the Odyssey Discussion if you don't think you'll make up to the Iliad one.