Wtf was wrong with jap Nicolas Cage? How many Suicide attempts can one make...

Wtf was wrong with jap Nicolas Cage? How many Suicide attempts can one make,he had money and qts so what was the problem?

Attached: OsamuDazai.jpg (301x443, 44K)

Retard.

>Jap

there's your problem right there

why do you think he was a retard?

You don't understand because you're a normie. The only people that would actually be fulfilled by money or women are normies. All the people crying about not having a girlfriend are just failed normies. They didn't get their proper normie accessories so they're upset. For people who are actually alienated from others, not just feigning it due to a lack of possessions, having normie possessions would not make your life fulfilling or make you happy.

being a communist in a capitalist world

>Implying he was a sincere believer in communism
Come on dude.

being japanese and depressed is a deadly combo

Attached: 1549725837594.png (500x750, 347K)

not a normie, girls say Im weeeeeird XD

Attached: novalis.jpg (183x275, 12K)

I don't think he was retarded. I was stating the fact that You are retarded.

Are you sure you arent actually trying to say that you are retarded?

Attached: nickcrompton.jpg (700x500, 42K)

Complicated family issues ruined him forever

t. 4channel is reddit

Yes.

Daddy wasnt there to take him to the fair or change his underwear.

Attached: 3A70BB85-93C1-4DBE-ABB8-F1ACB369D29D.jpg (800x1200, 207K)

This.
Also this. He felt guilt for being the son of a rich man, but that's the extent. iirc he said somewhere he didn't really care about the leftist movement, and he came to despise everything he wrote for them.

Attached: 10551628_1056011487757093_8625279220373663825_o.jpg (2048x1366, 328K)

>Also this. He felt guilt for being the son of a rich man, but that's the extent. iirc he said somewhere he didn't really care about the leftist movement, and he came to despise everything he wrote for them.
I think it's fair to consider No Longer Human in this case, given its semi-autobiographical nature, and that the protagonist joins a leftist movement just like the author. In that case, the book demonstrates that he never actually believed in it in any legitimate way and was primarily attracted to its being beyond the pale of normal society.

iirc, he says he believes the truth of Marxism to be evident in No Longer Human, though

He says something about one of the speakers saying things which he thought were common sense or something to that extent. To what degree that means he agreed with Marxism, who can say? He's specific about his actual reasons for joining the group though, which do not include doctrinal agreement. To clarify, I'm not trying to "defend" him from being accused of Marxism or something -- I don't really care -- but the impression I got from the book was that even if some tenets of Marxism were self-evident to him, it wasn't something that he was ideologically committed to in any way. Rather he points out interest in political parties as an aspect of humans which he is incapable of understanding (pic related).

Attached: 1548074676791.png (740x670, 368K)

I think I found the quote I was thinking of. But yeah, he wasn't involved because he believed it was true.

Attached: quote.png (441x490, 55K)

That's what I was referring to as well. It's a bit strange because he's saying he agrees with it but that there's more to it, so that makes me wonder how much he really agreed with it.

imo he felt it was probably correct, at least partially. but he didn't see the need for a political movement or the overall importance of pushing such an agenda. he may agree with it academically, but as far as being so moved he would join an army for it, not so. you can't picture dazai and think some political aspirations were on fire within him. he probably viewed communism the same was as a foreign language--mildly interesting, feasibly correct, but incomprehensible.
if you had walked up to him with a right wing pamphlet he may have found something equally true in it.

i related so much to the portrait of the character in No Longer Human and it's lead to my self-diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder of which I experience and think I always have all of its symptoms. Now my only question is whether to see a professional about it because what I do not want is to end up in a psych war, to be put on meds, to be even offered meds, or to have anyone else know that I have this disorder.

>self diagnosed BPD roastie

Attached: Screenshot_82.jpg (600x600, 33K)

His "suicide attempts" were just cries for attention

BPD is a natural response to industrial capitalism. Do not go on meds. You’re one of the only non-pathologized schizo freedom fighters we have left

Who? Akutagawa?

hello, me

retard
>hurr anyone who attempts suicide just wants attention
>i read that somewhere and it makes me sound cool to say

It seems it is the natural characteristic of our day when confronted with an unusual mind to immediately seek out a label by which you may refer to it as a disease. Ultimately too, I think it's very harmful. We take for granted that the average population in any society is somehow correct and that deviation from the norm is flawed, but this is a very flawed and simplistic view of the world. Many of the ancient Greeks we know by name were certainly 'weird' enough to garner one of these labels, but instead we accept them as different, and they were often the better for it. Perhaps it's because now they're a revered bunch of men, and we can view their society without attachments, but we should apply this principle to the whole of the world. Dazai was not wrong or broken for feeling the things he felt - we can't know that. He was only different from the norm. Until we know more, we can't just disregard his experiences with some psychological tag. It would be reductive and foolish to do so.

i agree

>tfw no sophie

Attached: serveimage-51.jpg (383x500, 61K)