What do you think guys?

What do you think guys?

Attached: E78E32A2-57ED-4CF1-9D3B-996EA5BDBE03-3874-0000065FD3B7ABB6.jpg (262x400, 36K)

Absolutely wrong. For example he assumes race is hereditary while it evidently isn't, my wife is white, I am white and our baby is mulatto.

is this book worth reading? everyone accepts the theory of evolution, but i'm kind of interested to see how darwin proposed it himself

Lmao

I'm more of a Lamarckist

Attached: 1510451009684.png (296x340, 27K)

It's well written- economically descriptive and clear. Can be read in the same purely literary spirit one reads Edward Gibbon, Adam Smith, John Donne's Sermons, Thomas Hobbes' philosophy, etc., and enjoyed.

OH NO NO NO NO

so was Darwin

>my wife is white, I am white and our baby is mulatto.

Attached: 1554666272116.png (210x240, 6K)

Literally the most important book ever written desu

punk eek for life

he was wrong. we were intelligently designed. this is fucking fedora garbage.

As a biologist, we obviously worship Darwin and the evidence he presented in his books changed the world-view forever. But Darwin itself is not taught in biology courses, not even evolution.
It's interesting historically, but if you want to get familiar with modern evolution I recommend pic related, it's what I used years ago.

Attached: 515qM8LUX4L._SX411_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (413x500, 31K)

rec som pop-sci faggot we aint /sci/

Was it autism?

It's good, though for a proper understanding of evolution one needs population genetics, which was unknown to Darwin (his own proposal of blending as a mechanism for passing hereditary traits is of course totally wrong).

based

A premature thought experiment that describes part of what we know now more due to sheer intuition than to any specific scientific value or rigor.
Not even all that original considering the theories that were around at the time.
All in all 6/10.

is it atleast well written? could you read like you would read the journals of james cook or marco polo?

I suppose It's not bad and has some entertaining value. At the very least it isn't boring or overly verbose.

It’s literally the most influential book besides the Bible

Thanks m8, have you read Kon-Tiki by Heyerdahl, if you're into people sailing the pacific doing pseudo-science, this will be right up your alley. He even won an Oscar for his wacky shit.

I'm talking about the quality of the writing and the actual nature of the contents. The fact that It's influence was overestimated for generations is irrelevant.

>Kon-Tiki
No I haven't read it yet thank you for the recomendation.

I haven't laughed this hard in public for a while. Thank you, user