Imagine spending two decades to produce this steaming turd. This is so hilarious to me

Imagine spending two decades to produce this steaming turd. This is so hilarious to me.
;^)

Attached: finwake.jpg (420x654, 320K)

Other urls found in this thread:

irishtimes.com/opinion/how-james-joyce-predicted-conor-mcgregor-s-triumph-in-finnegans-wake-1.2467331
maybelogic.blogspot.com/2009/04/robert-anton-wilson-on-finnegans-wake.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ah man, it's actually really great tbqh

even if it was a steaming turd he still wrote 3 other amazing books

Joyce predicted the Internet and wrote about TVs in bars 20+ years before this was actually a thing

He also predicted Conor McGregor knocking out Jose Aldo. He was definitely tapping into something. irishtimes.com/opinion/how-james-joyce-predicted-conor-mcgregor-s-triumph-in-finnegans-wake-1.2467331

When you write 600 pages of schizophrenic nonsense, some of it is bound to make sense in the future

Read the article. It’s actually uncanny how perfectly he nails McGregor v Aldo. It’s not just a couple haphazard coincidental sentences. He goes into paragraphs of detail using precise language (octagonist, Lefty).

>Read a sentence.
>Think hard to make sense of it.
>Finally get his ingenious trick and give yourself a mental high five.
>Move on to the next sentence and repeat

Why is it hip to disrespect the GOAT on this shit site?

Give me an example of a sentence and an "ingenious trick" behind it, so I can get on the highfiving.

He had access to the akashic records

I have read the book more than 5 years ago but in the beginning where the jew starts chatting for the first time with his friend after the class or the church he makes a comment about a woman and a pole. It is an unheard expression but if when think of it the overall tone of it matches the overall tone of the conversation and then you realize he actually makes a modern dick joke which doesn't shouldn't work at all but it does because of the overall sense of underlying absurdity. I hope at least you get the idea of what i'm trying to say here.

maybelogic.blogspot.com/2009/04/robert-anton-wilson-on-finnegans-wake.html?m=1

Your idea of ingenuity is a ..dick joke?

Attached: 567563454356373.png (500x500, 198K)

I'm not going to read a wall of text user, I asked for a single sentence to support the mindblowing claim of quality. However, I did scroll through it absently, only to stop on the following paragraph:
>Joyce seems to have shared Freud’s view that war is anal sadism, and mixed in with this is a running theme about the atoms and if’s, which goes back to the first sentence of the book, “Riverrun past Adam and Eve’s”. Eve And Adam are the male and female archetypes that dominate the book, and become all the different male and female combinations. And they’re like the Yin and the Yang in the I Ching, they’re also a river and a mountain as well as a woman and a man, and they seem to be complementary cosmic principles. And the ‘atoms and the if’s’ is a pun on the ‘Adam’s and the Eve’s’, the basic Yin and Yang duality, but it also refers to the uncertainty principle in atomic physics, atoms and if’s, everything is uncertain on the quantum level, and Joyce has all these quantum puns running through the chapter, not only atom’s and if’s, but ‘blown to atoms’, which takes you back to Garden of Eden again, and there are “sullied bodies all atom’d”, and then there’s a reference to “nokie-soakie”, followed closely by a reference to “lipinese long-wage” which is the Nipponese language, which is followed by “Sayonara Poke-hole son” which is Nipponese language for “Farewell Honorable Pookah”, the pookah being a six-foot tall white rabbit who resides in County Kerry and is well-known in Irish folklore. But “Sayonara poke-hole son” is also a well known in Norwegian yiddish for “look at the hunchbacked fool”, and there’s a theme about the hunchbacked sailor cheating the tailor all through that chapter, and the sailor and the tailor are like the two twins changing places, the sailor is the tailor and the tailor is sailor, it’s just an s-t transformation, which is part of Einstein’s theory of relativity, the s-t transformations in the space-time equations, then there’s the charge of the light barricade, which refers to the two-hole experiment in quantum mechanics where light is both particles and waves, and that’s followed by a geranium curtain, which sounds like the flower the geranium but Joyce spells it with a ‘u’ so you’ve got uranium in there, that’s the trigger of the atom bomb, and it runs all through the chapter, you can find this theme of the atom bombing of Nagasaki, which hadn’t happened yet except in Joyce’s head. And that’s the aspect of FW, as I said, that I’m most interested in these days.

This man needs medical help.

"Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passencore rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy
isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war"

He says it like this instead of "He crossed over to Europe to fuck pussy". This is the ingenuity of finnegans wake. I don't like the book so it has nothing to do with me.

>>>Joyce seems to have shared Freud’s view that war is anal sadism
LMFAO

>so hilarious to me

Glad You're enjoying the book.

Is there even a point to reading this book carefully and trying to parse? Is it the ultimate “turn your brain off bro” and you just read out loud to yourself and marvel at the sounds?

Everything in Finnegan’s Wake can be understood, yes. Whether you want to take the time to understand it is up to you. No, reading it aloud and simply enjoying the “sounds” is not sufficient. The language is ingeniously multifaceted with meaning and meant to be peeled back layer by layer (a single sentence will carry multiple meanings). He wrote this way to simulate to dreams, it’s the hardest he ever worked on any project, it’s not meaningless.

There's high magic in low puns

Attached: -JUQpKBz_400x400.jpg (400x400, 19K)

>When Ezra Pound, a former champion of Joyce's and admirer of Ulysses, was asked his opinion on the text, he wrote "Nothing so far as I make out, nothing short of divine vision or a new cure for the clap can possibly be worth all the circumambient peripherization."

>H.G. Wells, in a personal letter to Joyce, argued that "you have turned your back on common men, on their elementary needs and their restricted time and intelligence [...] I ask: who the hell is this Joyce who demands so many waking hours of the few thousands I have still to live for a proper appreciation of his quirks and fancies and flashes of rendering?"

Nabokov:
>Nothing but a formless and dull mass of phony folklore, a cold pudding of a book, a persistent snore in the next room... and only the infrequent snatches of heavenly intonations redeem it from utter insipidity

wtf

Attached: 39D7ED0F-36CE-4087-94B2-AAE3177EC664.jpg (312x299, 23K)

Hilarious how Nabokov’s only claim to relevance at this point are his ad-homs aimed at better writers. Absolutely pathetic
Anyways, continue to cry over a book because you’re too stupid to understand it.

Man, pseuds are so fucking embarrassing.

Yeah, I agree. Like, could you imagine unironically writing “Nothing but a formless and dull mass of phony folklore, a cold pudding of a book, a persistent snore in the next room,”?

Nabokov is magnitudes more famous than Joyce, faggot.

if he is how come i never heard of him? checkmate lmao

2 based

Gonna go on a limb here and say that might just be Irishfags going schizo to validate their nationalistic retardation.