Where do I start with Catholicism, other than the Bible?

Where do I start with Catholicism, other than the Bible?

Attached: 1489056552629.png (684x940, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: FCBF5CF7-7DDF-45C8-ABB6-203111531979.jpg (1000x1462, 247K)

Your local rectum

Attached: 9CC64917-47A7-4048-8C80-A0AA90A2D758.jpg (600x600, 64K)

Read some stuff by the church father's, maybe some non Canon stuff, book of Enoch, book of Thomas, Thomas aquinias, St Augustine, origen, maybe more modern Christian stuff like c s Lewis idk

bimp

As a layman you don’t have the authority to learn anything about Catholicism on your own. You have to consult with an orthodox and traditional priest. He will direct your studies. Do not take ANY advice from or read any books written by a layman.

Catholic Churches run classes to introduce you to the faith, but that's only if you're converting. Some of the western church fathers might be useful to read, Augustine's Confessions are quite accessible as an introduction.

CK Lewis and GK Chesterton have some more accessible stuff if you don't feel like being bogged down in theology. Most importantly go to church, perform charitable acts, and pray regularly. It doesn't matter how well read you are if you don't practice your faith.

C.S Lewis - Mere Christianity
G.K Chesterton - Orthodoxy
Thomas Merton - Seven Storey Mountain
An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine - John Newman
Confessions - St. Augustine
Spiritual Exercises - St. Ignatius of Loyola

all these suggestions come from Bishop Robert Barron on youtube, which you should check out as well.

You are not supposed to read books and try to grasp God. You are supposed to ask your Priest and he will tell your the opinion of the Catcholic Church. There is a reason there is the divine hierarchy from heaven to Pope to your Priest.

what prompted this desire to "start" Catholicism? I get the sense that you aren't a catholic now, and that you're asking for book recommendations because this is ostensibly a book forum.

Do you really think reading a book can make you a catholic?

Attached: 83732526.jpg (1080x1080, 236K)

I love when girls use non girly words

The OP obviously means, "where do I start with reading Catholic texts", not "how do I start being Catholic"

Watch out for the prots shilling their "theology," it's all a bunch of bunk which sucks you into hell.

Church Fathers. Specially Saint Augustine.

he wants to read catholic texts, because he wants to be catholic, you idiot. learn to read between the lines, no one wants to read this fucking trash unless they think it will give them meaning.

it won't though, enlightenment comes from within.

You should stop trying to become a Catholic because that's the trendy thing to do in your psuedo-political circles and try to find something that you actually find a legitimate spiritual connection to. I used to be very negative to religion when I was younger but as I've grown older I've come to respect religious people who believe because they have a proper spiritual connection with their religion, what I still do not respect however is pseuds who try to get into religion as a fashion statement. If you are really interested in Catholicism then you should obviously read the Bible but you should also try and find a Catholic church and talk to a pastor.

Peter Sotos and Lewis Carroll

Jay Dyer

Cuck.

catechism

this

CP boards ont he darknet

>Catholic
>The Bible
Lol no.
Obviously you start with catechism of the holy church.
vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Provided to you by the great theologicans of the holy see.

absolutely this

Attached: 1554685948518.png (338x312, 217K)

gtfo pedo

Catechism

Spoken like a true npc.

calefactory.org

Read the books and references there.

Get a copy of "My Catholic Faith"

Read vaticancatholic.com and watch their videos

Check out the books by Hutton Gibson especially "Is the Pope Catholic?"

Seek out work by Patrick Henry Omlor, plus The Ottaviani Intervention, and anything by Fr Luigi Villa

Also, a fantastic book for background on our situation today: Maurice Pinay, "The Plot Against The Church"

God Bless You

Where do I start with Catholicism if I DON'T want to be Catholic?

>sedememeing

Attached: 1549533462724.jpg (3000x2900, 1.68M)

Confessions by Saint Augustine.
Really good book.

Attached: image_large.jpg (444x444, 73K)

anything heretical will do

>Go to church in my neighborhood
>Half empty on Sundays, I am literally the only soul in the mass younger than 50
>Go to church on my university campus
>Mostly middle-aged couples with very young children, more old people and a couple dozen Korean and Filipino students that look like they could barely speak English

Depressing. The whole thing reeks of decay. Like a dead ritual people still perform despite have long forgotten what it meant.

Attached: 1548734771038.jpg (767x889, 187K)