Yea Forums FREE FALLING

This board is trash. The quality has dropped tenfold over the past month. Insane. What the fuck happened?

Discussion is nigh IMPOSSIBLE. Post anything that is two sentences and above and you will be brigaded by literal children, americans and anglo children. The last two weeks have been extremely tiring. It is very obvious that it's been flooded with underaged kids, not your typical college shitposter. I guess I'm out. Fuck you Yea Forums. Half of the quality posters left awhile ago, the rest of us should leave right now. We're wasting time. Look at the catalogue. Pick a thread. Open it. How many replies are above two sentences? How many (you)s did it get? How many of those (you)s are the cheapest, most vulgar form of bait you could think of? yeah

I'm done getting insulted for clearly being the only person who has read the author, or who is familiar with the content, and takes time sharing information with the hordes of decerebrated, low-focus zoomers. Their parents never read them stories anyways, kek. They were set up to be failures from the start. The lingering sense of elitism you could see emanating from some posts is gone. We've been overridden with plebs and they seem to enjoy bathing in their own mediocrity.

Typing this made me realize it could be pewdiepie's fault. It coincides with his book review video.

Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.
Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.Trash.

Attached: tumblr_inline_owo7zlY17Q1scclfe_400.png (267x261, 155K)

To dab or not be dabbed - HeraCLITORIS, incel, Pewdie Speak, Zoomers you're living room your house.

Unironically the most sensical post I've read today. This board could be filled with half-baked bot projects for the kyrgyz internet defense force and it'd still be better than what it has become

Its being overwhelmed by reddit after nz

>This board is trash. The quality has dropped tenfold over the past month. Insane. What the fuck happened?
You say that as if the quality of the board hasn't declined massively in the last 4-6 years (the last time I used this board regularly).

Yea Forums was never good

Honestly this place was in trouble for a while now. There were more and more shitheads all over Yea Forums and more and more poor morons are coming online every minute. It doesnt take long for some of them to wander from pooing all over pol and a few other boards to the whole site. this place is quickly becoming reddit 2.0. But i will.keep reading and periodicallt checking in and posting to see if it can be cleaned up.

Attached: 1555077898319.jpg (850x400, 40K)

This board is a reddit colony. Reddit links are a common sight now.

I think I might genuinely leave Yea Forums one of these days. It's always been shit of course, but the culture has shifted so dramatically and the userbase changed so much, it's no longer fun.
I also think I've gotten what I need to get from this place. The only thing that keeps me coming back is the 'social' element and the feeling of being plugged into something.

you are me and I am you

I've found that /book/ or Yea Forumserature generals in other imageboards (without a Yea Forums board) tend to be good.

I feel the same but where else is there to go? /r/books? Yeah, right. I bet they're even worse.
There's at least 5 intelligent people left on Yea Forums.
If you feel the quality is low, just battle it with high quality posts.

ITT: Reddit crying about reddit.

This

>If you feel the quality is low, just battle it with high quality posts

This is what i hate about people complaining about the quality of Yea Forums. If you're so above everyone else post good content. The board is slow enough that even one person can make a significant impact. It's not like the fast popular boards when you can't do anything because any good content is just going to slide right off.

Dont forget youre here forever

To put it in simple terms, the Yea Forums-4channel split is what happened.

Yea Forums boomers gtfo
the new generation is changing this board
you thought your beloved board was immune
to the ravages of time?

it's been happening for at least 6 months, maybe more. Yea Forums getting promoted on Twitter by roman pfp midwits has been a contributing factor. you can tell that there's been an influx of users as the board has gotten much faster, promoting low quality posts. People used to talk about "the cancer that is killing Yea Forums" but they dont anymore because the site is basically dead

Attached: this-is-the-can-sir-that-is-killing-bee-15740908.png (500x471, 19K)

Attached: litspiration 2000px.jpg (2000x1334, 796K)

Ok, but where will you go?

I mostly just phonepost on the shitter. Every time I think about ditching it entirely there’s always some outrageously retarded shit that keeps me coming back for more.

I find little to indict this virtual space. It can be dull at times, which is good. That is when you have no excuse but to write. If you browse and find inspiration here, that is great. I have also learned of many new authors just from the past few months of lurking alone. This community will always see itself in a sour light and that is just the way of things.

thank god i migrated to lookism about a year ago

Yea Forums hasn't even been decent for 3-4 years

I just came back for the assange shitposting and then i'm out again. To all those who genuinely enjoy talking about literature, know that there are other forums out there which aren't reddit or some obscure facebook/discord group. You seriously just need to look for them. No they don't have the same kind of "humour," then tend not to be anonymous, but they have an astronomically higher quality of discussion. And no, i'm not going to link them here, because the exact idiots who ruined this board would just follow me back.

Attached: Untitled-2.jpg (880x495, 188K)

motion to change board name from Yea Forums to /illit/

>tend not to be anonymous
I wouldn't want them anyway. I find such discussion boards to be too sterile and cordial for conversation. Besides, if I know someone is wrong, I am well withen my right to ridicule him and call him a faggot, not write several walls of text on minutiae on why he is wrong. Also, I enjoy shitposting with zero accountability. That's what makes Yea Forums/nel the perfect cathartic outlet, and it's one of the few left on the open net. If you want to leave, then leave, faggot!

well enjoy wallowing in shit with people who don't read. If that's what gets your rocks off, then the declining quality must give you all the more opportunity to do so. Perhaps conversations do have a veneer of ungenuine cordiality in places with accounts, but it prevents dickheads like you from shitting up every thread with low quality bait. Can't say i don't miss some aspects of imageboards and the irreverence, but at least there is a place where people actually know what they're talking about.

Attached: Kawaiiathan.jpg (800x534, 208K)

so true

the question is, where do we go from here? is there any website that comes close to old Yea Forums?

it's sad seeing every single board on Yea Forums degenerate following the American election.

>And no, i'm not going to link them here, because the exact idiots who ruined this board would just follow me back.
Would they not just get banned for shitposting?

one thing i have noticed is that Yea Forums is one of the last free places for original western culture and when this place dies, the west probably will too

Attached: 4chan is dead.jpg (811x501, 69K)

The internet's engendering of the unserious is welcome and maybe critical to some of us. I can type things here that do not matter whatsoever. You can take risks and try things here that would not work elsewhere. I think there's invaluable feedback.

We could all migrate to 420chan
its fucking dead but we could revive it

>referencing PewdiePie
So, what you're underage, and have been on this board for 2 years?

Any time I see one of these "/insert board/ used to be good" I know it's from someone that doesn't realize it's always been this way. Yea Forums is a rambling mess, you take the good with the bad, always has been.

this tired critique hasn't applied for four years, Yea Forums is objectively getting worse and worse and there is very little good mixed in with the shit these days.

t. 2008 arrival

Attached: 1528057947468.jpg (300x562, 11K)

I've been here from around that time, if not longer. (32 now) Could you expound? Every year I hear that trite saying, but there was never a golden age of Yea Forums. The only thing that changes is yourself. In other words, the demographics (most pointedly age) have changed little, so the detriment you see is merely perpetually being around a younger and younger crowd. If you were to spontaneously turn 16 again, you would find it just as strange as haunting today as you did then. I find that as I age, boards I used to frequent have become dull and incomprehensible not because they've fallen off, but because I'm no longer interested in those rhythms and vibes.

I've always found it's greatest boon in the legitimate freedom of speech here, almost non existent anywhere else on the planet. Because of that, although I frequent this place less and less, as I feel most do, I'll probably always come back.

I'm more tired and afraid with this new ravaging tripfag and his satellites spamming shitposts in every thread.
Anyway, pewdiepie youtube zombies, if there are any, will be back to youtube and /pol/ after realising they can't into books.
Besides,
>not realising that this board being shit is a blessing

I thought it was getting worse after I began lurking here a couple of years ago, but the recent influx really brought it into perspective. The site across the boards has been declining heavily, but this board in particular got hit very hard once Pewdipie began giving his immature fans a reason to think they like reading. There probably are other additional factors, but it wasn't so vapid so consistently before then.
I suppose this could happen, but only if they don't feed each other with the replies they so desperately crave. The OP is right: the amount of short inane responses has skyrocketed lately, and the best way I can think of to combat it is to disregard them. Same with the tripfags: they crave the attention and brand their marks all over threads they don't actually have anything to contribute to. The best way to combat them is the same ignoring as you should with the hordes of unread that plague the place right now.

Lol I'm just here during matchmaking, pooping and waiting for my gf to clean her puss.

>This is what i hate about people complaining about the quality of Yea Forums. If you're so above everyone else post good content. The board is slow enough that even one person can make a significant impact.
Yea Forums‘s speed has increased dramatically over the last three years especially. Now a thread needs to be very active to live more than 18 hours, whereas back in the day even a thread with one reply might be in the catalog for four or five days.
And no matter how quality your discussion prompt, more people will reply to a thread about a twitter screenshot about black people than a thread about the diaries of the duc de Saint-Simon

Quality literati birthrates are sorely outmatched by /pol9k/ birthrates

Yea Forums is noticeably awful because
>site-wide increase of zoomers since 2016
>zoomers think Yea Forums is all epic memes and shitposting, take this even to interest/hobby board
>Yea Forums has a particularly high barrier for meaningful participation - reading a serious work of literature is significantly more demanding than listening to an album, so zoomers contribute almost nothing of quality
>Yea Forums, unlike other hobby boards, is a place of ideas and ideological discussion, so ill-read zoomers think they're able to participate via memes and shitposting.
>serious posters see the decline and start to leave

most hobby boards i browse arent THAT bad but Yea Forums has really gone down the toilet. I used to be able to find a decent recommendation or insight here fairly often even a year ago, but now theres hardly anything.

Yea Forums as a whole is ripe for a replacement desu

Attached: cuteSana_62.gif (444x250, 3.29M)

And y'all are me, and me's y'all

Yea Forums is the only forum where you can implicitly post, instead of being implicitly banned unless you abide by several layers of nonsense rules.

Perhaps then, you've just outgrown Yea Forums. It happens, you've gotten old and now it's time to move on.

That's not a terrible thing, people grow and change over time.

Well put.