Posting this here b/c im only interested in the lyrics here

posting this here b/c im only interested in the lyrics here

is this the only political protest music/poetry that doesnt sound corny as fuck? parts of it are corny, but shit like yes hits so much harder than literally anything else, i think b/c richey was ok with being problematic

Attached: download.jpg (272x272, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=92cF_KCH7TU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

love this album, bump

youtube.com/watch?v=92cF_KCH7TU

This is my favorite album with "political" lyrics. Anti-establishment indignation combined with poetic melancholy.

Attached: Matt Elliott - Failing Songs.jpg (700x700, 100K)

Based. This shit absolutely rocks

Manic Street Preachers are a good band but their politics are cringeworthy.

t. Tipper Gore

>anti-racist
>anti-war
>anti-media
>anti-gun control
>anti-religion
>anti-corporate
pretty patrician honestly

top tier album user. their best work imo.
definitely a Yea Forums album

Journal was also very good. Maybe even better sonically if not lyrically.

You know we have a whole music board, right user? The rules only work if they apply to everyone

It wasn't bad, but it was definitely a sad note knowing they cashed out so hard for years and then felt some pang of guilt that forced them to try to be authentic for one last ride

sounds like marxist teen agers

wow you cracked the code, how did you do it?

a big brain and methamphetamines.
would you care to care dialogue about the failed ideologies that represent the oppressed?

>would you care to care dialogue
I don't know what this phrase means

Everything Must Go is possibly the only optimistic piece of art that I have ever enjoyed.

I liked how they went balls-to-the-wall with the string sections and heavy production on that album. The songs weren't extremely good individually but there's a special feeling to that album overall.

Actually some of the songs definitely were good individually. I have to think more before posting.

but we're not discussing the music, we're discussing the lyrics

Are you 14? This is basic shit lmao besides MAYBE anti gun control. Patrician lmao

>anti-gun control
cringe

>anti-gun control isn't a basic political view
kek, do you also think conservatism is the counter-culture?

Nah it just reads like almost any shitlib list

They were right about literally everything, so what's your contrarian "clownworld" zoomer shit philosophy, how do you improve on The Holy Bible

>wtf I love corporations and the media and sex abuse and banks and war and Margaret Thatcher and the Clintons
how are there actual humans like this in 2019, who the fuck are you

Woah holy projection, "Patrician" political stances dont exist especially for music. Yikes.com

>Yikes.com
yikes

>yikes
oof.org