"Then he [Wittgenstein] stumbled across the gangster films of James Cagney and Humphrey Bogart...

>"Then he [Wittgenstein] stumbled across the gangster films of James Cagney and Humphrey Bogart, which he voraciously consumed and obsessed over. He began to wear a vintage 1920s fedora along with a ridiculous pinstripe-suit everywhere he went, and assimilated odd expressions into his everyday speech. He acquired the habit of declaring, “It’ll be curtains for you!” whenever someone angered him or "Jeepers, fellas!, it's the cops!" every time we happened to pass a policeman's car or saw an officer patrolling the streets. He even went so far as to set up a moonshine still and began bootlegging the liquor, convinced of the surreptitious procedure of the operation. Of course, the authorities knew about it but they decided to humor the eminent philosopher since the whole affair was entirely innocuous, and I myself was happy to see my friend toiling so judiciously at something besides that tortuous logic of his. Though the enterprise did turn out to be severely nerve-wracking for him, since while he worked at the still in the basement every little creak or unexpected voice would send him into an alarmed exclamation of, "Jeepers, fellas!, it's the cops!" and he’d dash around to hide the moonshine apparatus. My wife informed me that the few bottles of moonshine she bought from him, mostly out of pity, were dreadful." -Norman Malcolm, in Ludwig Wittgenstein: A Memoir (1966), p. 63

Attached: wittgensteinholiday.jpg (800x497, 78K)

>Though the enterprise did turn out to be severely nerve-wracking for him, since while he worked at the still in the basement every little creak or unexpected voice would send him into an alarmed exclamation of, "Jeepers, fellas!, it's the cops!"
I read this in an austrian accent and now my sides are gone

I genuinely believed the orangutan story when you first posted it

fuck im dying

kek

Conclusive evidence that it was not the German spirit or the breakdown of language, but the pernicious influence of jazz and the wets that killed analytic philosophy. Quite sobering.

Keep up the good work friend

I missed it, what was the orangutan story

I like how these anecdotes have gone from typical, but amusing Wittgenstein foibles to the merry adventures of an autistic retard and his caretakers.

Fuck, this is the best one yet! My fucking sides!

They chimped out

witty was hopelessly autistic. god bless him

kek never stop these

This could be an animated short series

Attached: 87818486125.png (1920x331, 136K)

dude sitcom but with distinguished philosophers lol!
cringe

>I was stunned and asked him to elaborate.
>He answered "No."
kek

does anybody have a collection of these?

Excellent work

fun things fuckin suck
B)

sounds like a personal problem, kid

Based Wittgensteinposter

HOT ZIGGITY!

shut up bitch

Was he autistic?

have sex, incel

This is Kant pasta tier.

“No.”

This gave me a helluva kek so I'm bumping it.

>why yes, I browse full screen on an ultrawide monitor like a retard, how could you tell?

Attached: hammerhead-sharks_thumb.jpg (2048x2048, 1.23M)

I really don’t get how people can be so easily upset

It'll be curtains for you!

these are honestly the best thread on Yea Forums. I love you guys, you are all awesome!

>he's just like me
I knew I was a genius!

Attached: 1549163470919.png (576x456, 32K)

My fucking sides fuck

Attached: 1518777658969.png (447x438, 401K)

pwned

underrated

I feel more and more compelled to read the book, just so that I can see for myself if these are real or not.

Attached: Wittgendotes.png (868x1054, 465K)

The only real one is the "hot ziggety" one.

>the hot ziggety thing is fucking real

I don't know what to think anymore.

have a nice day, handsome fella

Are all these quotes from one biography? What is it?

Ludwig Wittgenstein: A Memoir, by Norman Malcolm

this is fuckin hilarious hahahahahahahaha thanks Yea Forums

this guy's rare wittgenstein pic collection is good. why does wittgenstein never look directly at camera?

Jeepers!

Attached: wittgendotes.png (868x1096, 508K)

It no doubt sounds very heroic when Wittgenstein declares that one should say only that which can be said clearly. It also conveys a mystical-existential aura that many today find appealing. But I believe that this famous Wittgensteinian proposition is of an indescribable spiritual vulgarity inasmuch as it ignores the whole point of philosophy. It is precisely the paradox of this enterprise that it aims to say the unsayable, to express by means of concepts that which cannot be expressed by means of concepts.

"Milk is for the pussy"
Wh..why?

autism

beautiful user

It'll be curtains for you!

My fucking sides fuck

Attached: 1555102736020.png (447x438, 255K)