What books have you bought recently ?

What books have you bought recently ?

Pic related, copped these two for like 6 bucks

Attached: IMG_0334.jpg (3264x2448, 1.61M)

Heading up to the Spring Library book sale later this evening. Will post results upon returning assuming I purchase anything.

I refuse to buy paperbacks with crappy paper quality and covers, might as well just read it online instead of wasting the money.

Attached: 81FH4TkiG4L.jpg (3940x2136, 2.44M)

Entropy in Bloom

not scary at all. Dystopian/thriller

reading online is too much of an eye-sore imo that and you have to rely on having a device charged. I do agree that most covers are ugly af these days.

This.

Do the stickers come off without leaving a mark?

nice Lovecraft cover, but that Cervantes cover makes me want to tear out my eyes. it's like Catch 22 but a spaghetti western. who thought that was a good idea?

Please respond

>copped

>like

None, but soon enough I’ll be buying Alhecen’s Configuration of the World and Bentham’s Introduction to the Principles of Morals and Legislation

yes, pretty easily thankfully.

Jarry's Ubu plays, cheap thing and I wanted one so I did it. They had a Moore Principia Ethica too (two of them!) but both were too banged up so I left them.

The two clerk-friends were talking with each other, something-something guy who has revised his theory about continental drift of Antarctica, emotional investment in one's dissertation. Since they were holding court to themselves, they had to come round eventually: their conversation got round to Alex Jones and Art Bell. One honestly and good-faithed-ly mentioned how he used to confuse/conflate the two, and one (male) described Jones as "gross", a very effeminite complaint. Either or both complained about Jones' cadence itself. At any rate, both were educated liberal men who clearly spent time with media they disagreed with (conservative talk radio), as I do with leftist books. I had to resist the urge to start barking in a Jones-voice in retort.

been on a spree buying books at thrift stores left and right. basically anything that's acclaimed or seems interesting i'll buy it.

Attached: IMG_20190412_010638400 - Edited.jpg (2947x2370, 1.69M)

You can use acetone to get sticker residue off of books

Skylark
Stoner
Hopscotch

Still waiting for them to arrive in the mail.

how much did all that set you back? Thrift shops here usually only have shit tier self-help books or mom romance books like Shopaholic.

Agreed. I swear, is it Wordsworth or some other publishers but they got the worse looking covers on earth.

>Translated Don Quixote

Attached: A8F73DC6-B21D-4CAA-A352-CD295FC57031.jpg (403x392, 20K)

I bought a book on the Boer War from the library for a dollar. Also got War and Peace from Barnes and Noble since I'm a faggot.

Won't believe this, but $11.50.

Attached: library bookfair booty.jpg (1680x992, 267K)

In a drunken stupor I just bought the complete works of Aristotle and the selected works of st Thomas Aquinas, any other recommendations?