Flash Fiction

Are there any notable flash fiction. Everything I've seen has been lackluster. I feel like no great work of fiction can be condensed under minimum, mind you I'm being generous, 1000 words.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (747x320, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mypublishingdesu.com/aug2018/ff/all_entries_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I feel the same way, but a bunch of pseuds are gonna pop in here soon to post the baby shoes one. Waah, waaah, dead baby. Why do you think women used to have 8 kids? Because 5 of 'em were sure to die. May as well cry that grandma died of old age.
But anyway. There's nothing worth saying that can be said in less than 500 words. And especially not in like 25 words or 40 words or other memery from the twitter addicts who want to pretend they're serious writers. It works like this. you have a bunch of narcissistic, lazy shitbags who want asspats and to be taken seriously, because they want to lay around and call themself an author or a literary type. But they don't have talent and they don't want to put in actual effort. so what do they do? flash fiction. short enough that they can hide their lack of talent handwaving it off saying it's all just "implied" or "hinted at" and there is an actual meaning and story in there. and it also lets them post sub-2 minutes of effort and try and act like it's just as serious and meaningful as an 80k word novel some guy spent a year writing and revising.
look at op pic. some obese retard who whores on facebook all day for attention points trying desperately for people to take her seriously and call her a literary genius. blatantly rips off someone who actually had talent, does a shit job of it even then, took about 10 seconds of effort, and will roll onto her ass afterwards and wait for people to give her internet popularity points.
short stories are perfectly valid, at like 1500+ words. you actually have enough time to set up a story in that. like salinger's bananafish, memorable, fully developed, you can sit and chew on it for weeks, even years. even that baby shoes one, which is probably the "best" "flash fiction" ever written, there's nothing to think about there. it's a shallow tearjerker prompting a reaction. "grandma died last tuesday night" would be the exact same type of thing. sad, but nothing new or thought provoking in it. and it's not hemingway's fault, he actually is great at short stories. Snows of Kilimanjaro. but this flash fiction shit, there's nothing of substance in it. it's just wanking.

Well what do you consider flash-fiction? I've read plenty of poetry that tells great stories in a page or so. I've read many collections of short stories that have less then 1000 word entries that are very good.

Like Speedboat by Renata Adler or The Book of Monelle by Marcel Schwob, or Weighing the Dog by Billy Collins.

>Giving away. Loved cradle. Rocked empty.
What the fuck does that even mean, you stupid cunt? If you love it so much, why are you giving it away? "Rocked empty"? Did you rock it so hard that you caused your unfortunate offspring to Thanos snap out of existence? How fucking low IQ do you have to be to bungle a six word story so badly, like to make fucking FLASH FICTION barely coherent?

Barthelme

My ultra-short story:

For sale. My hole. Never pozzed.

Yes YES The tiger is out

S(HE)
S(HIT)
(HER)SELF

Actually this. "Some of us have been threatening Colby" is so good. "Concerning the Bodyguard" is also very good

ding dong diddly based. That was a great read user. May God bless your day

mypublishingdesu.com/aug2018/ff/all_entries_1

>

Flash fiction is for women.

Those were good
thanks user

>What you have heard is true. I was in his house. His wife carried a tray of coffee and sugar. His daughter filed her nails, his son went out for the night. There were daily papers, pet dogs, a pistol on the cushion beside him. The moon swung bare on its black cord over the house. On the television was a cop show. It was in English. Broken bottles were embedded in the walls around the house to scoop the kneecaps from a man's legs or cut his hands to lace. On the windows there were gratings like those in liquor stores. We had dinner, rack of lamb, good wine, a gold bell was on the table for calling the maid. The maid brought green mangoes, salt, a type of bread. I was asked how I enjoyed the country. There was a brief commercial in Spanish. His wife took everything away. There was some talk then of how difficult it had become to govern. The parrot said hello on the terrace. The colonel told it to shut up, and pushed himself from the table. My friend said to me with his eyes: say nothing. The colonel returned with a sack used to bring groceries home. He spilled many human ears on the table. They were like dried peach halves. There is no other way to say this. He took one of them in his hands, shook it in our faces, dropped it into a water glass. It came alive there. I am tired of fooling around he said. As for the rights of anyone, tell your people they can go fuck themselves. He swept the ears to the floor with his arm and held the last of his wine in the air. Something for your poetry, no? he said. Some of the ears on the floor caught this scrap of his voice. Some of the ears on the floor were pressed to the ground.

Read Kafka’s parables and paradoxes, he has many very short ones that are quite intriguing

>"Alas," said the mouse, "the world gets smaller every day. At first it was so wide that I ran along and was happy to see walls appearing to my right and left, but these high walls converged so quickly that I’m already in the last room, and there in the corner is the trap into which I must run."

>"But you’ve only got to run the other way," said the cat, and ate it.

Here’s one called “A Little Fable”

Yes there used to be a magazine called Quick Fiction it had some great ones. Check it out.

based

There is a book called Parables and Paradoxes by Franz Kafka, I don't know if it's in print anymore but I managed to find a copy for a reasonable price

Attached: 1527720711292.jpg (2032x1546, 570K)

you should keep publishing anonymous submissions it's a good idea for a model

Kafka's short-shorts are perhaps his best works IMO.
Borges has an outstanding book called Cuentos Breves y Extraordinarios in which he collects and translates flash fiction (parables, fables, jokes, legends, anecdotes, etc.) from literary traditions across the globe. Most of them aren't even a page long.
Cortázar has Cronopios y Famas which has some flash fiction not wothout merit, although his regular short stories are miles better.
I think there was a section for flash fiction in the wiki, you may want to check it out. There's definetly good flash fiction around. It's just 3 or 4 sentences instead of the ultra-limiting 6 words/140 character meme.

For sale: baby annihilator. Used once.

Nicholas was older than sin, and his beard could grow no whiter. He wanted to die.

The dwarfish natives of the Arctic caverns did not speak his language, but conversed in their own, twittering tongue, conducted incomprehensible rituals, when they were not actually working in the factories.

Once every year they forced him, sobbing and protesting, into Endless Night. During the journey he would stand near every child in the world, leave one of the dwarves' invisible gifts by its bedside. The children slept, frozen into time.

He envied Prometheus and Loki, Sisyphus and Judas. His punishment was harsher.

Ho.

Ho.

Ho.

Attached: Petal Falls Twice.jpg (750x971, 301K)

For sale: baby’s shoes. Always worn

The baby died. Isn't that sad?

Chekhov has some good 2 pagers

Big dick. Small pussy. Hospital bed.

this gave me a hearty kek

I read the subject as Fash Fiction. What are some good fascist novels?

For sale: red nose. Never worn.

Attached: 00A98458-CF2E-40D0-BF51-7CEA8F5AE690.jpg (780x750, 95K)

he is wearing one though reeee

Never honked*

For sale : baby. Worn.

that's orange wtf

based

For babies: sails. Never warm.

For baby: worn. Sale.

for sale. baby.

How is Baby Shoes even dark? The mother had health issues and believed her baby would be tiny and sickly but he came out very robust and too large for the little baby shoes.

For sale: baby shoes. Kid died.

For sale: dead infant. No shoes.

Vending promptly: infant stuff. Mint condition.

what is this