I've been reading the Genealogy of Morality, and I have noticed somethings that mirror Foucault...

I've been reading the Genealogy of Morality, and I have noticed somethings that mirror Foucault, particularity Discipline and Punish and "Guilt," "Bad Conscience," and the Like. Did Nietzche's work influence Foucault in a meaningful way? If so, how?

Attached: 1550535194547.jpg (500x373, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/foucault/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bumping w/ Yea Forums memes

Attached: 1550571906053.jpg (2203x1814, 541K)

Yes, Foucault once even referred to himself as "Nietzschean." In The Foucault Reader he has an essay about the importance of Nietzsche's genealogical method and its influence on his own work.

Attached: 1550533997587.gif (661x716, 103K)

Interesting. What exactly did he take away from his work? He doesn't strike me as a Zarathustra type.

is right. The essay is called 'Nietzsche, Genealogy, History'

I'm not incredibly well-read on Nietzsche but I think the genealogical method in itself is the main thing Foucault took from his work. Foucault's writing is largely interested in looking at history not as a singular arc toward "progress" but as a creation of dogmas, sciences, and other structures of thought.

This + N's perspectivism obviously greatly influenced Foucault

excellent. ill take a look at it

Attached: 1550534580328.png (558x492, 280K)

>Did Nietzche's work influence Foucault in a meaningful way? If so, how?
It seems like you've read Foucault in depth before, so how the fuck did this escape your purview?

pls no bully
I'm self taught

Attached: 1550538418455.jpg (1278x596, 104K)

*ties you up*

found it on libgen
thanks user

oh dear

Attached: 1545489774161.png (433x426, 174K)

I tried that once. It kind of worked.

>you dressed like a fag to get out of trouble
>chad slapped your ass and it shook like a bubble

I didn't dress up as a girl. But I kissed the guy who was about the punch me.

I still got punched in the face, but it stunned him for a few seconds.

why did he want to punch you out?

I don't remember. First year of high school, maybe I was just being weird.

I'm not that weird.

How have you got this far and not figured this out? Have you castrated your eyes and ears?

That gave a weird mental picture

He described himself as a Nietzschean so yeah

So, guys, i see a lot of JBP threads in here, and to me this is the first about Foucault, can someone give me a run down of his works ? and why there are people who think he is a utter shitposter ?

plato.stanford.edu/entries/foucault/