Why on earth do people buy paperback books?

why on earth do people buy paperback books?

Attached: jRHr5s7.jpg (1200x750, 177K)

they cheaper. wage - 9 dollars a hour

Cheapest way to get books physically, aside from printing off Gutenberg I guess. I'm also too poor to afford book collecting proper.

Easier to manipulate
Some titles are only printed (new) in paperback

Easier to carry around, Cheaper, Semi-often the only choice in physical form. Otherwise you should be getting hardcover

Books aren't precious. I like paperbacks because their cheapness allows me to abuse them however much I want. I don't collect books, I throw them out after reading through, but before I do that, I like to admire the history - the cracks in the spine, some pages because dislodged or dogeared, left a coffee stain on that one, wrote some work-related into over the there etc. The book itself becomes the memory of my time with that, it's the experience on top of the experience of reading it.

Attached: 1524296206373.jpg (786x1017, 103K)

Your image communicated everything about you that needed to be said. The rest was redundant.

paperbacks >>>>>>>>> hardcovers

Paperbacks are easy to carry around with you, and they fit a lot more comfortably in your hands
Hardcovers are basically for shelf decoration only

Cheap and nice aesthetic. It's a book not for a shelf but for consumption. You don't feel as guilty about damaging them, I tend to carry one in my jacket when I'm out of the house and on a loose schedule.

i prefer the look of paperbacks

i hate the feeling/texture/shape of holding a hardback book in my hands

>I tend to carry one in my jacket when I'm out of the house and on a loose schedule.
comfy

cheaper and a lot easier to hold/such read, just feels a lot better

Hard covers are for tryhards that don't actually read but want their bookshelf to make it look like they do.

Exactly what I was thinking. Whenever an user writes a post and attaches some kind of anime or video game picture to it, the idea in the post is always superceded by the image. Irrelevant to whether the idea is good or bad on its own. A pretty girl talking to you but she has bad breath - it cannot be ignored.

>A pretty girl talking to you but she has bad breath - it cannot be ignored.
It's more like a retard talking to you but they happened to have said something coherent. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, they're still retards.

Shelf decoration is the only reason to buy physical copies though, I'm serious

The shape is so awful my god. No good way to hold one.

>all that self-congratulatory backpatting
Get a room you two. Call it the "Getting Triggered By Anime Images Kissing Booth"

The archetypal /pol/lack. Trapped in a world of optics and unable or unwilling to see what is under that thin veneer.

It's an imageboard.

Attached: LargeCat.jpg (1600x1200, 505K)

>Paperbacks are easy to carry around with you
every time I put a paperback in a bag it gets fucked up

well then don't do that

they value the contents more than the commodity fetish part

why would they have spent significantly more for a physical copy when a copy for an e-reader is even more easy to use and carry around then?
hmm, rely make yoo tink

Not all books are available in hardcover.

e.g. there has never been a hardcover edition of Drake's autobiography

Attached: thick_ig.jpg (1080x1349, 159K)

They smell really nice.

Easier to carry around with you. If it's a book I really, really like, I'll eventually try and get it in hardcover too.

thats the point retard

Attached: 6c50430b36c40718f02f5c1ad5ce3bbd.jpg (512x486, 55K)

cute schäfer, nice quads