Books about parenting

I’m gonna be a father soon. What books should I read in preparation?

Attached: 2C0599EC-7D47-46EF-83D8-AAD321670CD5.jpg (270x350, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/alo0iAbV2TA
youtu.be/gX4EFwv76Vg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eat shit and die breeder

Have sex

I've heard iron john is a good book, but I have my doubts about it.

The Bible is the only book you need, for all aspects of life.

You’d best be joking about that book. I grew up in a serious evangelical church in the south and even they warned people that this book was a bad idea.

pay for a french tutor and if it's a girl also for a piano tutor from they are 5 till age 13

fpbp

Will to Power. Read it to him

Attached: 1539186273361.jpg (524x400, 26K)

why havent you killed yourself

A Personal Matter

(You) are trolling. Still, it is funny to think about antinatalists self-selecting out of the future. Like what are you doing; your missing out on the best part of life because there are a lot of Africans?!
What's wrong with that book? I've never heard of it.

French tutor? Teach Latin and Koine Greek at your homeschool, you mean.

Antinatalists are just angry people tellings others that they need to obey the "greater moral good" and not have kids since they can hurt themselves.
I dont think he is being real but it was actually very funny when there were genuine antinatalists shit posting.
I think they were just coping with the fact they dont have kids.

(((Feminists))) hate that book because a properly raised child will never fall for their ideology so they will lose power within a generation

The Holy Bible

Attached: begone.webm (640x800, 2.56M)

Read about B.F. Skinner and operant conditioning.

>I’m gonna be a father soon. What books should I read in preparation?

Wait 18 years first.

/thread

I hope you're not white.

>not being an antinatalist

Do you disown them at puberty? or merely sell them on

It's basically about constant abuse to whip your kid into a man (cuck shed servant).
>At four months she was too unknowing to be punished for disobedience. But for her own good, we attempted to train her not to climb the stairs by coordinating the voice command of “No” with little spats on the bare legs. The switch was a twelve-inch long, one-eighth-inch diameter sprig from a willow tree.

Lolita

I would suggest talking to your own parents, they’re going to be invaluable when you’re raising your children. Sort of like consilgeres. As for books, imagine what values you want your child to have and maybe read about child psychology. I’m happy for you.

>Great Recession +11.
>Not being an antinatalist
Defend the pain your children will go through.

Attached: benfoster.jpg (605x394, 113K)

Most parents are shit.

A four month old can't even sit up, much less climb stairs or be disobedient. That is pretty crazy.

>The switch was a twelve-inch long, one-eighth-inch diameter sprig from a willow tree.
They're describing it like video characters describe guns. What the hell is wrong with white people?

There's a crazier version for those deep in the Gothard Christian movement. They put the baby on a blanket, tell it to stay, and try to tempt it with toys, and then if it moves off the blanket, they swat it to teach it the importance of "authority".

I have a 6 year old 2nd cousin like this. His grandparents are boomer evangelicals and they helicopter around and try to moralize him until he suffocates.

Fuck man, poor kid. The rest of the family doing anything about it?

Damn, that's how you get a schizophrenic child.
I always suggest this because it is a good counterpoint to these people who treat kids worse than dogs, and I think people should prove they can raise a dog properly before they raise kids:
youtu.be/alo0iAbV2TA
The basic principles are the same (mostly in the second part "Rules the Owner Needs to Live By"), you want to raise the child in a way that they always maintain their dignity, build a bond with them so that they trust you completely, and then use that bond so that you help them become their own master and release the potential of their own spirit.
This guy's too leftist for me, but is pretty good in terms of having calm relations with kids:
youtu.be/gX4EFwv76Vg
Combine this with a more traditional approach, teach them to be strong both mentally and physically, help them learn to defend themselves, explain to them the rules of the world but also give them the spirit to know when rules must be broken.
Would be interested if there's any authors on this. The Greeks or Romans? Probably far better than anything you'll find today.

At 4 months old it has the intelligence of a dog. It’s barely conscious. This is basically like training a dog i.e. simple conditioning. There’s nothing wrong with that.

Protestant Christianity is a complete psychotic mess. That’s what you get for abandonming centuries of wisdom, tradition and culture and assume everyone is smart enough to read the Bible and understand it.

Carl Rodgers books are good for psychological development of children

>Would be interested if there's any authors on this. The Greeks or Romans? Probably far better than anything you'll find today.
Plutarch's Lives is written for this purpose in Greek and Latin

Imagine being this stupid.

Behavior works fine. However, a four month old may have the brain of a dog, they have only the motor capabilities of a sea anemone. Expecting them to move is wildly optimistic. (Nor do they understand words have meaning until 9 or 10 months. Which is another bizarre aspect.)

Quite the opposite.

find someone in your family you child is decended from and who did great things with their life. find stories about the events around them. teach your kid who they can be if they apply themselves.

cringe

The Ego and His Own, Crowds and Power, Discipline and Punish, etc. Things non-foundationalist. Remind yourself that "your child" is a grammatical construction and that what you're dealing with is something incomprehensible to language.

AHAHA what a weak ideology to chose to defend.
Enjoy dying out? Don't forget to tell your mom she had a kid for nothing!

It's not about understanding words or getting them to do anything. The author is talking about simple conditioning: associating the sound of your voice saying "no" with pain. In the future, you don't have to hit the child, you just have to say "No", and he'll obey you.

"To train up a child" gets a bad rep because people are misunderstanding it. The author is not advocating child abuse or any form of cruelty, it's simply about making your life easier while raising a child. He even says that if you should not do anything in anger, and if your child misbehaves it is due to your bad parenting.

The difference between a general fortifying a castle and an artist painting the scene of that fortification

I'm glad that you'll never procreate, ass.

not a parent, but it seems to me one of the best things you can do is try to understand your child and teach them based on who they are, since everyone is different and each person has different needs
great parents can still give birth to kids who are wholly unlike them

Attached: Dune.jpg (374x600, 39K)