One thing I appreciate about Tolkien is his skill at choosing names for things...

One thing I appreciate about Tolkien is his skill at choosing names for things, the names suit characters perfectly and you can just "feel" a bit about their character from a name.

all the elvish terms especially manage to sound very pleasing to the ear as well as smooth on the tongue, their names just "flow" very easily compared to the much more abrupt human names like "Bo-Ro-Mir" where the syllabic split is much stronger.
this "roughness" of the names is of course most shown by the Hobbits.

Attached: 1549823588737.jpg (814x575, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HHoJSgq6mqc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> One thing I appreciate about Tolkien is his skill at choosing names for things,
> Evil guy is called Sauron
> Second evil guy is called Sauronman

it works because they are both very distinctive for an English native yet they have the same sinister feel which links the two characters before you even hear about them personally. its clever light foreshadowing

It's almost like he was a philologist!!!!!

I think it sucks :)

>middle earth
>mount doom

Think I'm going to have to disagree with you there chuck

these are "common" tongue terms used by lower men.

Attached: ted nasmith_the complete guide to middle-earth_minas tirith at dawn.jpg (1600x1129, 1.01M)

GIDDY UP SON

I disagree I always found tolkien names gay as fuck

>Bo-ro-mir: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Bo. Ro. Mir.

quality post

>Word

>Glorfindel

Sounds like someone gagging on a cock

what happens if army comes over top of mountain to attack

Not a quality post. Actually quite shallow. Your tongue doesn't touch your palate when saying "Boromir". Cringe.

lmao

>Ambarenya (but the more usual word is Endor/ Endórë)
>Amon Amarth

it does if you speak elvish

You summon the eagles and bring castle to mt. doom

Boromir: The mouth joins the mind as it makes the trip from pinched and pursed at petty men to a grin of good faith, greeting a friend. Borr-a-mere.

The Elvish sounds good because Tolkien was inspired by the true language of the gods, Finnish.

Attached: with_finns_you_win.png (594x576, 136K)

How come evil always triumphs?

Attached: The_Fall_of_Turgon's_Tower.jpg (473x662, 189K)

Glorfindel
Galadriel
Thranduil
Celeborn
Fingolfin

all like a breath of air off the tongue
"Jukola, Toukolan kylästä"

hrmmm....

Phonetics is a very powerful school of magic

based

The reason you feel this way is because Tolkein has had such a massive influence on the culture since before you were born. You are confusing cause and effect, brainlet.

I think you're an igga but you don't see me complaining

Are you a Murken?

Is this a mf lolita reference?

ITT:
youtube.com/watch?v=HHoJSgq6mqc

>Second evil guy is called Saruman
ftfy

>Gundam the Good

Attached: 1447106762646.jpg (256x281, 12K)

>white outer wall
Gethafuckouttahere

It perishes every time. It persists in new form.

fitting