Das Kapital

anybody read this in the original german? what Hegel should i know in advance to getting into this? secondary literature on Hegel is ok too, not that interested in reading the actual guy

ITT bets about how far i can make it before dropping it

Attached: 9783868203639-es.jpg (393x500, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EE-kCZnlGZU
ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Преступность_в_РСФСР
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DISCUSTING

the edition or the content?

I wouldn't say Hegel is strictly necessary to understand Capital, though it does offer a greater insight in the reasoning of Marx, no doubt.
Rather than Hegel himself I'd go for the texts that Marx and Engels themselves produced to create the theory of dialiectical materialism, mainly "Dialectics of Nature", "The Materialist Conception of History" and "The German Ideology"

have you read it in german or english?

Jesus, do you hate yourself?

does this mean i'm not gonna make it?

Italian and I'm still reading it actually. Uni got in the way.

Hegel is completely unnecesary for volumes 1 and 2.
I haven't read vol. 3 yet but I hear that it's more reliant on Hegelian dialectics.

All the editions were heavily edited by Marx, the first German edition was highly obtuse and Marx even recognized that. The last revision was done by Marx when he personally translated it into French in 1872 (which is the best edition).

i guess i got memed into reading it in german now, can't into french

I'm just saying the first edition was apparently pretty different from the later revisions, I never read it in German but there's multiple editions so you're probably reading one of the later.

>reading economic theory written by a man who lived on handouts his whole life and never had a job
you're wasting your time, m8

I haven't read Marx nor do I intend to but I have this

Attached: slide-1.jpg (1024x767, 126K)

He worked all of his life, ya git. Engels helped, but Marx was never dependent on him 100%.

Marx read Hegel so you don't have to, user. Just read the fucking books.

How do those two things conflict?

sometimes to understand a perspective from outside is better than from inside

lenin looked like a brainlet desu

You're just envious of that mustache.

Every application of his "Theory" has ended in failure, often at the expense of millions of human lives.

that's because communism is just a meme idea that thinks if you push modernity and capitalism far enough you'll find something of value on the other side

doesn't mean the bulk of his work, the analysis of capitalism, wasn't top tier

t. Robert Conquest by order of MI5

Can you summarize quickly what exactly does this theory consists of and how did it bring man countries (which exactly?) to ruin?
>if you push modernity and capitalism far enough you'll find something of value on the other side
lolwut?

Attached: b21cceafc03340642b3526b92b1bd0314c3d2262fe6f120771198c249ac83b35.jpg (1440x900, 253K)

Why don't you fuck of back to Venezuela or China or North Korea?

Ad hominem Ad hominem Ad hominem Ad hominem

Are those on the lists of failures or communist countries that don't count because they are actually still existing (you forgot a few others by the way)?

As if Venezuela had a Marxist governance or Chavez had at least read Marx. China is gr8 NK as well (in the third world we mire these guys).

marx believed there's something of value beyond class struggle, many other critics of modernity don't

USSR, Pol Pot

Oh you mean this place?

Attached: commiesBadWithMoney.jpg (474x320, 25K)

I can take USSR as a failure of Marxism-leninism, but Pol pot? Really N?

Can you elaborate a little? I'm not really following you.

Yes, i mean this place. You wouldn't want to live in this place

Yes. Also Mao's China and North Korea

which is more based and redpilled? vol1, 2 or 3?

The place where 72% of the population voted to keep the Soviet Union, protested against its dissolution and was violently repressed, and where the biggest threat by far to the power of Putin is the communist party, who is winning elections that were rigged against them?

The place that had little to no violent crime, full employment, no homelessness, full healthcare coverage and free college for everyone? A terrible place, really, I don't see why would I want to live in there.

You can't skip them lmao

If you live in the US or Europe you were probably better off there, but man did the previous generations from the third world went there, my family included.

Vol 1 is about linen and coats.
Vol 2 is about the circulation of capital and its various transformations in the market, and an analysis of the two protagonists (capitalists and workers)
Vol 3 is about the relationship between value and profit, tthe law of the tendency of profit to fall, rent and its relationship with profit, etc.

>The place that had little to no violent crime, full employment, no homelessness, full healthcare coverage and free college for everyone?
how did that turn into a crime state in a year? usually civilized people don't start eating each other immediately after a political change, it takes at least 10-15 years before things degrade to that point

> durr get a jerb
Also, Marx had a job, unlike many European thinkers who came from an bourgeoisie background and had to work maybe a couple of hours a day.

How do brainlets like you make it here?

is there any good current marxist publication? there's nothing worse than Jacobin, literally all their articles are just insinuating how somebody is "actually liberal" and alluding to a possible alternative communist view of things without clarifying it

>and where the biggest threat by far to the power of Putin is the communist party
Lol. Putin is straight product of USSR, his politic decisions are all the same as Soviet's was. He's bascially making USSR 2.0. There was no reforms against comminists after dissolution and basically country in hands of same people that "dissolated". There's no conflict between official parties, they're all together. Actual opposition get opressed. Maybe it's hard for american to realise, but i actually live here.
>The place that had little to no violent crime
Bullshit. Also, critisizing regime was a crime.
>full employment
Yeah, even if you wasn't skilled enough. Or you was too skilled but benefits from you work the person more close and loyal to regime (bureaucrat)
>no homelessness
Yeah, everyone get one room in little appartaments. That you didn't own, because it's goverment's property.
>full healthcare coverage
Yeah, but you can rganize that without retarded ideology and economics
>free college for everyone
yeah, and education was absolute marxist dogshit.
>A terrible place, really, I don't see why would I want to live in there.
Well if you don't want live there well you can leav... Nope, borders are totally closed. Thank you goverment, you really want happy people of USSR to live here. Hmmm, why is that huh

Pretty easy actually: the goernment sold (read gifted) all of its properties to a few oligarchs that now rule as criminal dukes and counts, with their king at the top.Also while violent crimes were pretty much nonexistent, there was a poweful black market working to undermine the main Soviet economic policies. This was made possible by the incompetence of the Soviet leaders post Stalin (and partially Stalin himself, but in his defense, he had literally the biggest war in history to deal with).
unsurprisingly, Putin was part of the Soviet secret service. Another proof of the fact that secret institutions unaccontable to anyone are literally the cancer that is killing the modern world.

This is a good video on the topic: youtube.com/watch?v=EE-kCZnlGZU

t. seething discord trannies

i don't see how the existence of oligarchs turn people into druggies who stab each other in less than a year desu

>previous generations from the third world went there
If they are moved to USSR from somewhere, i'm suppose it was from more poor comunistic county

>existence of oligarchs
Product of USSR and goverment owning all natural resources

The Platypus Review

>Lol. Putin is straight product of USSR, his politic decisions are all the same as Soviet's was. He's bascially making USSR 2.0.
oh yeah I distinctly remember the Soviet Union advocating for an economy driven by oligarchs and their criminal enterprises.
>Maybe it's hard for american to realise, but i actually live here.
I am no burger. I am from a country that tasted fascism and from people that fought the fascist threat and believed in the Soviet Union. Also "living" in a country is no particularly illuminating thing, just look at how insightful Americans are of their country's policies and condition.
>Bullshit. Also, critisizing regime was a crime.
I believe some sort of proof is in order.
>Yeah, even if you wasn't skilled enough. Or you was too skilled but benefits from you work the person more close and loyal to regime (bureaucrat)
That was surely a problem, but it is a problem that is light years away from the hellhole that is today (or any other capitalist country for that matter)
>Yeah, everyone get one room in little appartaments. That you didn't own, because it's goverment's property.
The horror of living in decent albeit modest conditions. Really I would prefer to live on the streets.
>Yeah, but you can rganize that without retarded ideology and economics
Don't tell the burgers. They'll take you for a commie.
>yeah, and education was absolute marxist dogshit.
Why, are you implying that today's education is not in any way biased towards capitalism?
I don't know... how would a country guided by an elite dedicated to the absolute worst exploitation of its subjects for the most wild monetary gains possible possibly cause widespread poverty, a collapse in life expectancy and drug problems? Really I don't understand...
And the problem is that leaders post Stalin refused to go forward with the communist project, remained in a placid (for them) mid-point that could not last.

>I distinctly remember the Soviet Union advocating for an economy driven by oligarchs and their criminal enterprises.
They called themselves Communist Party of the Soviet Union that time
>Also "living" in a country is no particularly illuminating thing
Yeah, living in a actual country does not show actual internal politic state of this country, you right. The guy from other country that BELIEVED in HOLY war against fascism (which was just drown in blood by red fascism) is know better then me, makes sense.
>I believe some sort of proof is in order.
ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Преступность_в_РСФСР
It's russian, obviously. But since you so expert in Russia, you'll figure it out
>but it is a problem that is light years away from the hellhole that is today
Yeah, because that hellhole is product of that system that is still going today because there's still USSR-tier mentality and bureaucracy
>The horror of living in decent albeit modest conditions. Really I would prefer to live on the streets
You'd prefer live in comfortable house that you bye with yours money like European or American. But Khrushchyovka is the best that you can get, if you not part of regime
>Don't tell the burgers. They'll take you for a commie
No, they don't. They actually try to balance things with taxes as i know. Like in Sweden. Sweden figure it out without forced Marxism.
>Why, are you implying that today's education is not in any way biased towards capitalism?
Where did i imply? I clearly wrote that USSR education is marxist dogshit that has no use.

>quoting every single sentence in a post
ISHYGDDT