Fake State Name to Replace Lousiana

Currently doing some writing of my own, but can't come to a solid conclusion on a fictional name to replace Louisiana. I want it to sound relatively close to Louisiana, either ending in "iana", starting with "L", or both. The closest I have gotten so far is the state of "Lourraine", but dont know how committed to the name I am.

Any input would be appreciated!

Attached: 1551050270657.gif (286x119, 449K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7suWiC5I3uk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Acadiana? Louisianans and especially Cajuns/Creoles/French speakers will recognise it as a subset of Louisiana

Lecorruptswamphyshitholeana

Digression but I fucking love Louisiana (more as a concept than the real place). It has such a unique place in American culture. As a Latin American who lived there for five years I feel a kinship to its decadent, corrupt, sometimes schizo structures.

IT WAS DOWN IN LOUISIANA JUST ABOUT A MILE FROM TEXARKANA

That's one of the many reasons why I'm choosing the location. It's set in the past, so it makes it even more interesting, but not being directly connected to it by name gives me some leeway on locations and people.

Laynard

Pick a different French king and add an appropriate ending. You should probably go with Charles, making it Charlesia or something.

Leymone : ^ )

what's the nature/style of the project? if it's anything pomo (or maybe perhaps romantic) you could spin a name like Purchaseland. or use a Louisiana landmark? Bourbonville or fleur de lis. if you're really stuck on the L sound I could suggest Lusitania (also adds the historical element).
youtube.com/watch?v=7suWiC5I3uk

Lusitania, Lauritania, or Laurandorder

Some butchered French like Lechamps

Georgia

Why a fake name? If it's obviously Louisiana, go and say it; what are they going to do, sue you?

Faulkner already did a fictional Louisiana. He called it Franciana and New Orleans was New Valois. The novel was Pylon by the way, perhaps his most neglected work.

Attached: 28135.jpg (300x483, 28K)

The nature of it is more of a horror / action based. The state is basically overrun by lost souls of hell (think zombies but a little smarter). People go in to collect bounties by killing monsters, then selling their soul to the highest bidder.

More for personal preference than anything. It's somewhat based off another piece of fiction based in Louisiana, but with much different lore behind it. They have the same general idea, but are waaay different in terms of story and style. I just want it so I can distance myself from the original a bit more, but not change every detail.

It's a strange description, I know, but it's being based off a D&D campaign, which is based off a video game, which is based off of folklore.

Its weird

Lafayette

New Paris

How bout Arcadiana like Arcadia in Greece

Faggiana lol

>The state is basically overrun by lost souls of hell (think zombies but a little smarter). People go in to collect bounties by killing monsters, then selling their soul to the highest bidder.

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f (720x696, 56K)

Lithuania

It's Acadia like in French Newfoundland.

Lickmiana

New Louisiana

Lewisiana

Not for you then, it seems?

I'm voting for this

>Laurandorder
user...

lorna doone

Laurandorder is the best so far.

Lusitania

Lieuisiana

IM FUCKING GETTING RAPED AND MURDERED IN BROAD DAYLIGHT SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME THESE FUCKKNG RAPISTS WONT LEAVE ME ALONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOME HELP ME

>The state is basically overrun by lost souls of hell (think zombies but a little smarter). People go in to collect bounties by killing monsters, then selling their soul to the highest bidder.
Evan?

Souisiliana

from ladue?

The concept of Louisiana is peak comfy. Cajun food is also some of the best

Just call it State like this nigga

Attached: allkingsmen.png (1085x475, 519K)

There you go user

Attached: topgearsuzukiliana1.7054.jpg (714x403, 40K)

Lyoniana

Lusitania is the historic name of Portugal you dumbass.

Coonassland

Louisiana is a French female name. Just google "old timey female names" in french and look at a list.

You know there is currently a US state named Georgia, right?

How about "Henrietta?"

>Lusitania

Cajuns aren't fucking portuguese.

>Lauritania
Literary option here.

Litany

Franciana

Lauraloomer

At some point, Laurencia (or Laurentia) was floated as a possible name for Quebec.

Through some alt-history fuckery, Louisiana could be South Laurentia.

Hot

Louisiama.

First time I've ever seen a thread on Yea Forums about my state. I have always gound it suprising that despite how unique our culture is here, we seem to get very little literary recognition from non Cajuns. Best of luck OP

You could work with the name of another French king, Henri or Charles.

Attached: Henri-IV.jpg (429x681, 185K)

Just call it Lafayette.

Do an anagram.

Weak. Do a word square.

Lemoyne

King Louis -> Louisiana
Maybe try to base it on the name another french monarch/dynasty?

lshitpissiana

How would these nations be called? I could imagine something like Carolina or Carolingia for a Charles, but I have no name idea for a French colony named after an Henri.

If we can get away with Iowa and Ohio I see nothing wrong with Henria

Henri is Henricus in Latin, so why not Henriciana?

Soleilana

Sodomia