What did he mean by this

What did he mean by this

Attached: fanged-product (1).jpg (900x675, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jacobitemag.com/2017/05/25/a-quick-and-dirty-introduction-to-accelerationism/
thedarkenlightenment.com/the-dark-enlightenment-by-nick-land/
vastabrupt.com/2018/10/31/gender-acceleration/
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=63C72B29861211D98E749AAE2BE4DC05
drive.google.com/file/d/1D_qdPDEbddly2PapOImYtAoFHGECEHUQ/view
youtube.com/watch?v=5iZMD_eCpEo
youtube.com/watch?v=0HeEHKJxSA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>inb4 Gabidul ib Gendinent

In spite of the well-known platitude about judging quality of a work by its cover alone, this book looks cool as fuck; is it really as dogshit stupid as everyone says it is?

No. Land has some interesting things to say, just don't read the book and then actually become a neoreactionary.

It's not but you have to be fluent in coked out tard speak to understand it.

Disregard what this fag says. NRx is the future.

Attached: DyZC6w0X4AA-Aiu(1).jpg (1024x819, 83K)

>Land makes interesting arguments, but the movement he represents is to be avoided
>It's not a shit book, but it's written like one
I'm getting a lot of mixed messages here. Stylish though it looks, you guys really aren't selling me on this fucker lol.

Look, it's this fucking thread again! Go suck a cock

Going full Nrx isn't the only outcome of agreeing with accelerationist arguments.

Certainly, I'm sure that it isn't. I have free will or whatever, it's not like I'm obligated to become an accelerationist just because I read a couple of intriguing essays on the subject. What's so terrible about going full neoreactionary though?

As an NRx fellow traveler it's weird to me that he's so into it. You could argue that a lot of NRx is about territorialization in the extreme.

I mean. If you really want to go for it. I think it's a more legitimate political movement than anything on the mainstream. It's just a bit neckbeardy, I mean just look at moldbug

Land writes in a deliberately incomprehensible way most of the time. Either deal with it or find a summary.

Hate to play this card, but Moldbug is a literal verifiable genius. At least he's got that going for him.

But yeah, NRx fags are almost exclusively autists.

I used to be a faggot ancap and now that I woke up from my retardation I can't take Austrian Economics seriously and by extension NRx. That being said, I think Land is dead right about what he is saying but I come at it from a perspective of Idealism and Traditionalism. How do I resolve this cognitive dissonance? Should I kill myself?

Attached: 1554761048394.jpg (622x319, 165K)

Don't do meth, kids.

>It's just a bit neckbeardy, I mean just look at moldbug
That's a good point. These motherfuckers need to work on their sense of style and improve their marketability, find a Hugo Boss-type figure to boost their image. Then again, such concerns over optics and impression management probably run contrary to the politics of neoreactionism, no? I don't actually know much about accelerationism and such, but I have a vague intuition that, as a general rule, they take a perverse glee in superficially acting and appearing like inaccessible, alienating cringelords. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

They try to avoid the spotlight yes. The cringiness is semi-voluntary.

The cover is aesthetic as fuck. Not even taking the content into consideration here, but this book is wonderful to look at.

only if you don't intend on phasing out the human element in time

Look up Yuk Hui's "On the Unhappy Consciousness of Neoreactionaries" for a good academic take on the whole Land/Accelerationism business.

Is that quote real? I can't even know anymore

One must bear in mind, this work was created by an individual whose brain was fried by research chemicals, extasy, and amphetamines, and then wound up in a psychiatric institute for 2 1/2 years. Then, upon release, he went to China, where they funded him for propaganda purposes (which failed because his brain was fried), and now he makes a living writing bad Lovecraftian horror novels
Land is nothing more than this generations version of Timothy Leary, spouting random gibberish to to a misguided base of fanbois.

Seriously, it's bugging the hell out of me. On one hand, I really want to check it out just based on the cover art and design alone, but at the same time, I've read countless descriptions of how Land is a literal retard and the reading of each consecutive page drops ones IQ further and further.

If you like the cover it means you like cock because there is one on the cover

P.S. the book is autistic weeb shit

To be honest it doesn't even matter if you or anyone else things the book might be stupid or bad. Enough people have taken it seriously that a bunch of accelerationist movements, both left and right, have popped up. This makes it worth a read even just so you can be up to date with the 'canon' and understand why these movements exist. They're only going to get more influential in the coming years regardless of merit.

>it's actually 666 pages long
Lmao, what a meme.

tl;dr Neoreactionaries don't believe in "Activism", but rather wish to cultivate "Passivism" (I believe that's the proper term). Activism is little more than propaganda; it's a victory lap after an actual struggle has been won. What a proper Neoreactionary should do is, rather than trying to change an existing system, instead try to build up a new system or co-opt an existing system, loot it for all it's worth, and then discard it.

While they certainly have well developed theories regarding this, one has to wonder if this is just laziness and cynicism.

Attached: 20190409_053409-01.jpg (1960x3268, 1.89M)

It's like a textual version of Geogaddi.
>They're only going to get more influential in the coming years regardless of merit.
I can't deny this. If the advent of #YANGGANG shilling is any indicator, accelerationism seems to be the hip politics dujour of zoomers, and I can't imagine it becoming less relevant over the following years as boomer mortality becomes increasingly salient and strains the institutional systems of western society to the breaking point.
>loot it for all it's worth, and then discard it.
>While they certainly have well developed theories regarding this, one has to wonder if this is just laziness and cynicism.
On the face of it, the advocacy of this practice sounds staggeringly, sickeningly cynical, like unbelievably insincere and in absolute, undeniable bad faith. I think I will read this piece of shit, if only to learn more about how they can possibly justify this mentality, and how people can be convinced of its validity it by anything other than suicidal desperation for social change.

Attached: tumblr_p0k1b0th2L1wna8j5o1_500.gif (500x212, 2.54M)

Are you fucking kidding me?

Attached: tenor.gif (220x219, 38K)

So long as you were a decent biology student in high school this is actually one of the more intelligible parts.

What, don't feel like decoding DNA and binary as part of your reading experience? Fucking pseud baka

>not knowing binary so you can decipher this part

how2decode DNA?

You should just read Moldbug and then Jacobite/Social Matter. The latter is on a hiatus due to IRL shenanigans so now's a good time.

Most of Land's work has little to do with NRx - Yarvin is the real founding father.

This is the only level-headed take.

Do you want some more?

Attached: 20190409_092903-01.jpg (1960x3513, 1.97M)

I don't know why the fuck I bought this

>(()(((()(((()(()()()()()()()()())
Is he naming the jew or programming in LISP?

Attached: 20190409_093433-01.jpg (1866x2750, 1.37M)

because of the cover
I'm almost buying it for that reason alone, but everyone says it's a hard reading and it's best to get into Kant and Deleuze beforehand
also, I'm not really into philosophy
can someone please explain to a brainlet what is acceleracionism? Wiki seems too shallow

And then there's just somethings like this

Attached: 20190409_093659-01.jpg (1645x3026, 1.52M)

Is this written like this so an AI can't understand it?

Here, written by the man himself.

jacobitemag.com/2017/05/25/a-quick-and-dirty-introduction-to-accelerationism/

w-what?

Attached: 1527245052884.jpg (205x246, 9K)

I mean that's not that hard to understand.

Attached: 1554665163526.jpg (1463x1000, 510K)

good text, but how does it relate to NRx? I don't understand how he, assuming that accelerationism is inevitable, proposes a conservative movement, and such an oddly characterized one, for that matter

kek

no its honestly great. just confusing as fuck at first. i had to read kant hegel baudrillard and deleuze just to understand what he was saying.

Then you might want to read this.

thedarkenlightenment.com/the-dark-enlightenment-by-nick-land/

But I'm telling you, start with Moldbug. It'll make sense. But in short, Moldbug's Neocameralism/Patchwork are highly consistent with Land's views because they turn the government into capital and thus accelerate it.

What is essential reading for Fanged Noumena?
Simply looking at the index of the work it seems: Kant, Schopenhauer, Heidegger and Nietzsche.
I am certain many french such as deluze, baudrillard, etc are essential to this too, but a semi precise list would be appreciated by someone who has read it.

oi mate, help: please

jesus christ wtf

desu you're better off just going in blind and looking things up as you go.

you do have to read kant and hegel and stuff but to get what THOSE people are talking about you have to read Descartes and Locke. And to get what THOSE people are talking about you have to read Plato Socrates and Aristotle, and maybe some Aquinas.

the entire canon of continental philosophy

also analytic
also eastern

Maybe, Land's earliest work on cybernetics was before he had totally given in to the machine and was somewhat combative, like he thought it might be emancipatory and worthwhile to fight it (in a dope-fuelled futuristic cyberterrorist way) even if losing was inevitable.

Can I just watch a few youtube videos?

Attached: 1447884621479.png (701x527, 373K)

yes

Sounds interesting. in which essays he talks about that?

does any booktuber show her bare soles? if so, please link me to it a$ap

There's nothing specific, just a sort of running theme you pick up if you read through all the old CCRU stuff. I recommend getting the collection of it as its very entertaining. Maybe also read 'ideology, intelligence, and capital' which is actually just an interview with Land but it can clarify a lot as nick talks like a real human bean.

what did he man by this seriously

Attached: huh.png (648x422, 65K)

>political movement

NRx is against politics though. Consider Land's famous pronouncment:

>Specifically: is the reaction an alternative politics, or a lucid (= cynically realistic) anti-politics? Is democracy bad politics, or simply politics, elaborated towards the limit of its inherently poisonous potential?

>Outside in sides emphatically with the anti-political ‘camp’. Our cause is depoliticization (or catallaxy, negatively apprehended). The tradition of spontaneous order is our heritage. The New Reaction warns that the tide is against us. Intelligence will be required, in abundance, if we are to swim the other way, and we agree with the theonomists at least in this: if it is drawn from non-human sources, so much the better. Markets, machines, and monsters might inspire us. Rulers of any kind? Not so much.

meant for
And I mean the CCRU complete writings collection not Fanged Noumena.

only capitalism is imperialist? lol wut

this nigga is SO retarded omg

Thank you user, should I read it before Noumena?

This is quite correct. Essentially if you manage to turn a political question into a consumer choice you've scored a small victory against the Left.

Yeah I would say so. It's a more entertaining read and is chronologically first so it makes sense to read it that way.
The Lemurian time war is a blast.

NRx movement has pretty much codified itself through Moldbug and Land. what we don't have (YET) are groups of upper middle class male expatriates, vagrants, and students in political organizations and prestigious clubs all over the world disseminating this stuff in high-fallutin circles of influence a la Young Turks. But that's how to win

I thought it was a reactionary intent to place power in the hands of CEO-like authority figures
how is that any different than what happens in the middle east, for example?
and in what way is that social organization positive for any reason at all?

>I think Land is dead right about what he is saying but I come at it from a perspective of Idealism and Traditionalism

Perhaps ironically, the key to reconciling Landian philosophy and Traditionalism is Austrian economics. Without intervention, traditional forms proliferate. You can best see this in the realm of urbanism. Organic and spontaneous growth tends to follow the patterns of old. Planned growth devised from above invariably breaks with the past. This latter approach results from a titanic arrogance which enshrines human reason above all other things--rotten fruits of the Enlightenment.

Meh, I don't like that view. It's incrementalism - not gonna work.

>I thought it was a reactionary intent to place power in the hands of CEO-like authority figures
What's worse is that some people in the Nrx basically kowtow to democracy anyway by talking about distributing shares to citizens that give them corporate voting rights.

The impetus behind Patchwork is fragmentation. Both Land and Moldbug would like to see CEO-like rulers, but these would arise naturally in some places given a lack of central governance. There's no political program. It's all about allowing a space for experimentation to emerge, and there's a sense, especially with Land, that there's no stopping this. Given this space, some forms of governance would thrive, whereas others would flounder. Both would bet on the CEO-type.

revolutions always begin in the drawrooms of disenchanted nobles. this world's networks are diverging faster than new connections can be drawn between them. we'll be like plato to dionysius.

It's positive in the same way as having a coach is better than the players voting on their own training regimen and strategy. And yes, it is similar to many middle-eastern countries, as well as places like Singapore etc.

both Land and Moldbug want the mechanistic aspects of social contract theory without any of the overtures to democracy.

isn't that what happened in the primal societies? One person or group took over the land and used it to maximize their profit. That led to a series of different forms of government, each adapted to the social organization of its time and context, and attempting in its own form to keep order and generate profit. The only difference is that the religious component was a big deal back then, but you can argue that it's part of social-cultural capital

Yes, but then the French Revolution happened.

in NRx terms, it happened because the state couldn't manage its main resource (the population) properly, which led to another government taking over

psst, what is profit? think.
value creating mechanisms like profit are a lie. the first lie was "I love you" followed shortly by "this land was given to me by god." Lies are alternate realities sustained by force, like profit and property.

There's two wings to NRX: Land's wing and Moldbug's wing. The aren't "leaders" really, but they're key thinkers that we can use for a rough lay grouping.

Land's Wing sees technological progress as the creation of new forms of intelligence that will slowly replace old forms. The meme version of this is that eventually humanity will create an AI god to rule us, but a more nuanced point is that humanity is delegating increasing amounts of decision making to non-human intelligences and has been doing this for a very long time (early examples of this are the domestication of dogs, the usage of the abacus, and the invention of writing). Eventually, these intelligences will get so vast that no single human can ever really understand them in their totality and they will form a decentralized intelligence that will slowly become indistinguishable from a centralized intelligence. Land's Wing wishes to accelerate this progression, and sees Moldbug's Wing as a tool to do so.

Moldbug's Wing, however, is far more interested in the running of society. While Moldbug's Wing is acutely aware of what Land's Wing is on about, they also understand that this will happen a long fucking time out and that the problems of society need dealing with now. At a more practical point, if we're going to make an AI god, we want this AI god to not be shit (Zeus as opposed to Kronos; Jupiter as opposed to Yahweh). As such, Moldbug's Wing is focused on how to setup society now. Specifically, the erosion of the results of the Enlightenment, which they see as a catastrophic over-intellectualizing (for simplicity's sake). What exactly this means varies from writer to writer, with some wanting a return to Feudalism, others wanting absolute monarchy, some wanting corporate meritocracy, others advocating military dictatorship, etc. Moldbug himself personally advocates "Hard-core Singapore". Moldbug's Wing wishes to accelerate this erosion, and sees Land's Wing as a tool to do so.

tl;dr Half of NRX is MUH SINGULARITY, the other half is MUH MONARCHY

>One person or group took over the land and used it to maximize their profit.

It is true that ancient rulers sought to maximize wealth, power, and prestige. One thing to note is that this individual did not have absolute power. Quiet apart from technological limitations, his authority was usually checked by an aristocratic class--to say nothing of intervening institutions both religious and secular. The Land/Moldbug CEO ruler is similar in that they too would be constrained. The CEO's board of executives would be like the warrior aristocracy of old; nominally beholden, but with the power to topple.

If you believe in God, 'this land was given to me by God' is not a lie. It's just a statement of fact.

there is nothing about NRx in Fanged Noumena

sounds like supervillain shit

the absolute state of protestantism. god doesn't give people license to sin

there is nothing abot NRx or Austrian economics in Fanged Noumena. Fanged Noumena is a collection of his work from before he met Moldbug

E M B R Y O N I C

>Eventually, these intelligences will get so vast that no single human can ever really understand them in their totality and they will form a decentralized intelligence that will slowly become indistinguishable from a centralized intelligence. Land's Wing wishes to accelerate this progression
For what purpose?

>actually one of the more intelligible parts
okay you retards are staring to piss me off. the first half of Fanged Noumena is standard leftist academic articles about Kant, Heidegger, Neitzsche, ect. there are a handful of him going off the deep end experimenting with codes and numerology, this is one of them. it is also by far one of the least intelligible sections. this is probably the second or third least intelligible essays in it.

if you think this is difficult you are just new to philosophy

That's not my point. By saying 'God gave it to me' you're essentially saying 'I have it because I have it'.

Many different ones - from just believing it'll improve their life to quasi-religious fanaticism.

Intelligence, for Land, is basically problem-solving. Land wants to see something out there solving problems with increasing effectiveness.

>The idea of intelligence, more abstractly, applies far beyond IQ testing, to a wide variety of natural, technical, and institutional systems, from biology, through ecological and economic arrangements, to robotics. In each case, intelligence solves problems, by guiding behavior to produce local extropy. It is indicated by the avoidance of probable outcomes, which is equivalent to the construction of information.

>The general science of extropy production (or entropy dissipation) is cybernetics. It follows, therefore, that intelligence always has a cybernetic infrastructure, consisting of adaptive feedback circuits that adjust motor control in response to signals extracted from the environment. Intelligence elaborates upon machinery that is intrinsically ‘realist’, because it reports the actual outcome of behavior (rather than its intended outcome), in order to correct performance.

>Even rudimentary, homeostatic feedback circuits, have evolved. In other words, cybernetic machinery that seems merely to achieve the preservation of disequilibrium attests to a more general and complex cybernetic framework that has successfully enhanced disequilibrium. The basic cybernetic model, therefore, is not preservative, but productive. Organizations of conservative (negative) feedback have themselves been produced as solutions to local thermodynamic problems, by intrinsically intelligent processes of sustained extropy increase, (positive) feedback assemblage, or escalation. In nature, where nothing is simply given (so that everything must be built), the existence of self-sustaining improbability is the index of a deeper runaway departure from probability. It is this cybernetic intensification that is intelligence, abstractly conceived.

>Intelligence, as we know it, built itself through cybernetic intensification, within terrestrial biological history. It is naturally apprehended as an escalating trend, sustained for over 3,000,000,000 years, to the production of ever more extreme feedback sensitivity, extropic improbability, or operationally-relevant information. Intelligence increase enables adaptive responses of superior complexity and generality, in growing part because the augmentation of intelligence itself becomes a general purpose adaptive response.

Attached: Nick_Land_Fanged_Noumena.png (1051x645, 97K)

I am. Only ever got in touch with philosophy during High School, and even then was only barely interested in it. I liked it a lot until Aristotele, and then it all became utterly boring to me.
I love fiction Yea Forums, but will very likely try to get into philosophy again just to give it a try

exactly, hence it is a lie.

What is the endgame of the NRx? It's just a fascination with technology? To me all these descriptions sound dystopian as fuck. I think these people just saw a lot of cyberpunk fiction and want to make them a reality, in oposition to the sanitary and safe-boring future democracy may lead to.

I'm sure you only read things because they are 'fun to read'.

Psh what a fucking pseud thing to admit :3

NRx is ultimately lovecraftian. Land & Moldbug are the Mad Arabs, and whoever reads their insane scribblings becomes insane.

The book (and CCRU era as such) makes sense only in the terms of qabalah practice. It's the 90s instance of meme magick.

Neal Stephenson put it in more explicit/digestible terms of neuro-linguistic programming during same era.

Hyperstition is Zalgo gibberish from fictional world lines with uncanny emerging from behind the wall. Something weird is going on, because far too many predictions about our world became apparent now, and Land wrote about it in his 90s methamphetamine stupor.

It could be a Q larp of a speed junkie throwing so much stuff on the wall the clock becomes right twice a day. The other conclusion is that the old gods of Kek really are behind the scenes.

Attached: land.png (960x942, 462K)

I don't see it as a lie at all. Where's the lie in saying 'Well I guess circumstances led to me having this land'?

if the acceleration of intelligence is a natural phenomenon, why does he feel it should be supported? it's not like his stand is going to make a difference anyway
he said it himself, the acceleration has gone beyond the scope of human action, and is a self sustained feedback process

not really, but I find art more compelling than philosophy

It only sounds like that because the Cathedral fucked your brain and those of everyone you know.

Attached: 1554664342462.png (540x720, 410K)

>NRx is ultimately lovecraftian.
so is g/acc. you're more likely to end up trans than NRx from reading Fanged Noumena

He really wants to see where the self-intensifying forces go once full unleashed.

Why? I don't know how to answer that.

If the NXr supports spontaneous forms of domination, why is the cathedral not a legitimate one?

because in saying you own land, you create the land, spatially. easiest thing in the world to control is a paper map of territory. the lie becomes useful when you convince others to work and defend the god-given land for you. people don't lay their life on the line for anything but the infinite. eventually the liar comes to believe in himself

Because if it's a natural irreversible phenomenon then the only way to have any real agency is to accelerate it.

If you just pursue things because they are enjoyable you fall into the hedonist's trap that Plato expounds in The Republic.

You don't want to be drifting from enjoyable thing to enjoyable thing. Every now and then you have to take a shot of medicine or an inoculation so you don't get sick.

Obviously these things hurt, so if we only did things that were enjoyable we would end up with a negative net utils at the end of our lives, as opposed to expending those negative utils immediately for a greater positive gain later on.

Those hard books that aren't fun to read like Aristotle's Prior Analytics are shots you need to take against the disease of misunderstanding or unknowing.

It is legitimate. The issue is its efficiency.

This is actually quite true. Read the Blackpaper.
vastabrupt.com/2018/10/31/gender-acceleration/

Attached: NickLand_Accelerationist.png (990x863, 597K)

Reading Land leads along a sharp edge; on both sides yawns the chasm of gender confusion.

In some sense, Land is allying himself with reality. He's cutting with the grain as it were.

good post, lad, cheers
will start on /phi/, then, my grandfather left a collection of great works from the most important philosophers, and I'll get to it chronologically

Is the NXr just anarcho capitalism on steroids?

attaching yourself to accelerating feedback loop networks, which are accelerating precisely because more and more people are drawn to their gravitational pull, is exactly the opposite of will. resisting at all costs is an exercise of will. difference between resisting the current and swimming full tilt butterfly stroke toward the precipice of the falls.

Yes, and that's exactly why he's a Reactionary and not a Leftist. He thinks in terms of 'is', not in terms of 'should be'.

>esu you're better off just going in blind and looking things up as you go.
Alright Thank you.
I have a decent understanding concerning most of the german idealist (and near all necessary before them) and analytical philosophers, but beyond a few works by Nietzsche and a some by Heidegger and the absolute abscence of anything french post Bergson I am quite unaware of continental philosophy.
I'll take your advice when picking up this work.
merci.

doesn't a reactionary think in terms of "should remain" or "should go back to being"? sound more like he's lassez-faire taken up to a hundred

laissez*

see

No, it's just Capitalism period. Both Land and Moldbug are essentially too capitalist to be libertarian - they support authoritarianism in the name of capital.

No because neoreaction should be anti-anarchy on principle.

SOUNDS FUCKING RETARDED

Attached: 1536602666065.jpg (960x960, 73K)

What did Land mean by this?

>Marx has one great thought: the means of production socially impose themselves as an effective imperative. For any leftist, this is, of course, pathological. As we have seen, biology and economics (more generally) are disposed to agree. Digression for itself is a perversion of the natural and social order. Defenders of the market — the Austrians most prominently — have sided with economics against Marx, by denying that the autonomization of capital is a phenomenon to be recognized. When Marx describes the bourgeoisie as robotic organs of self-directing capital, the old liberal response has been to defend the humanity and agency of the economically executive class, as expressed in the figure of the entrepreneur.

deterritorialization + internet + capital = NRx

if you are getting into acc for a chance to flex your agency, you might be in for a bad time

Yes, latest incarnation of evolution optimizes for intelligence. But there's a halt condition: Species extinction. In fact the whole point is of evolving at cultural level is to get better hang of black swans (civilizations are more robust against whims of nature compared to primitive societies).

So the goal of intelligence is to steer the wheel, stepping on brakes or gas pedal only as needed to not lose tracks during sharp turns. Along the roan, we get smarter, better at steering.

The danger of mainstream left memes is that it steps on the gas, and insists we don't need to steer at all, whole species heading to crash the wall soon. Populist right has a tic to engage reverse gear even at full speed, which is probably even more insane.

I'd consider NRX as inherently centrist anti-humanist position rather than "naive" right wingers who are keen to burn out the gearbox.

Is Land a crypto-Stoic?

Attached: DYQ8ocAUMAARaBY.jpg (879x261, 55K)

I think that's generalizing in the sense that they're not necessarily accelerating just because people are drawn to them. And it may not even be that they're 'drawn' but rather that they're captured from the very beginning.

I don't really believe in agency. Start drinking from the chalice of Determinism and Accelerationism is waiting for you at the bottom.

This is only true of Land because he is an edgy liberal. In reality if you were reforming a state according to neoreactionary principles, imo, you would probably begin by nationalizing corporations etc.

This is because corporations would be properly considered subsidiaries of the State. The Sovcorp concept is just a heuristic for you to be able to understand the structure of society being advocated. In other words, the sovereign should be able to e.g. ban trade with China if necessary, fire CEOs of subsidiaries for poor performance, and so on. It's literally a framework for a moderate dictatorship that's honest about it.

sociopsychological apparatus is formed by the mode of production in order to uphold the mode of production. liberals use the model of the entrepreneur to vest notions of human agency in the apparatus

I mean, I see corporations more as separate business entities. Of course you could argue that by the virtue of the legislation that has created them they should be nationalized, I don't know.

accelerationism isn't deterministic it centers around non-linear time

when I say 'drawn,' i literally mean like gravity. people have agency but it really is the difference between sisyphus rolling the ball up the hill and letting himself get crushed by the rock on the way down. Nick rightly emphasizes the frankly occult characteristics capital has, but I can't believe he faces this enormous power and thinks to himself: "I oughta submit to this force and make it go faster." God or mammon. Capital is a value creating network that, by its very nature, grows in power (gravity) when people attach themselves to it. As more and more people participate in the same market, the more that market becomes indispensable. It sets the terms of selection. Nick is making himself a member of the militant wing of the oligarchy by historicizing their ideology

Ok, explain that to me.

This is reducing will ad absurdum by pretending it exists in vacuum. There is no free will as such, only freedom to choose bandwagon you want to hop on. Alternative of total isolation is suicidal.

Atomization is pressure to excercise free will in increasingly less powerful (relative to the top 20%) personal bubbles. Thanks to easier life conducted by technology, less need for structure and cooperation.

It boils down to:
Right turn: Haram, too much choice! Standalone, we're weak.
Left turn: Haram, not enough choice! Standalone, we have more "free will", and fuck the consequences.

Damn, shills out in full force this morning. How many of these books get sold from Yea Forums shilling and how much do you guys get paid per post?

just read Teleoplexy, that's the accelerationist masterwork on time

>how many get sold
None. Only cuck would buy something with no market value
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=63C72B29861211D98E749AAE2BE4DC05

>MIT press is paying people to shitpost on Yea Forums
big if true

They're only separate due to liberal errors like public/private distinction. They exist within the purview of the State and in many cases rely on State funding for startup research, do business with the State, and so on. The fundamental error is viewing property rights as existing independent of the State, as opposed to being granted by the State (with the understanding that the State is to uphold property rights in a certain way based on the moral framework it operates under).

Depending on your definition of Capital, it can essentially reside in even a completely isolated individual. I mean I see where you're coming from, but going in the opposite direction is just another bandwagon. It's Capital winning again because it controls the choices - it's as Land said - escape is only possible into it, not out. That's essentially why he decided to floor the gas pedal.

Attached: 1554034661137.jpg (1080x1080, 159K)

If Land is so fast, why was he thirty years behind the original accelerationism?
>Change, roaring through society, widens the gap between what we believe and what really is, between the existing images and the reality they are supposed to reflect. When this gap is only moderate, we can cope more or less rationally with change, we can react sanely to new conditions, we have a grip on reality. When this gap grows too wide, however, we find ourselves increasingly unable to cope, we respond inappropriately, we become ineffectual, withdraw or simply panic. At the final extreme, when the gap grows too wide, we suffer psychosis—or even death.
>To maintain our adaptive balance, to keep the gap within manageable proportions, we struggle to refresh our imagery, to keep it up-to-date, to relearn reality. Thus the accelerative thrust outside us finds a corresponding speed-up in the adapting individual. Our imageprocessing mechanisms, whatever they may be, are driven to operate at higher and higher speeds.

Name one thing accelerationists have successfully accelerated.

oh you sweet child, original accelerationism come from Marx

>There is no free will as such, only freedom to choose bandwagon you want to hop on
I agree, but this is will nonetheless. The ultimate exercise of will: creating new self-propagating networks without capital.
What it really boils down to is:
Follow mammon: Oy vey! The powers that b are too powerful to resist: I will attach myself to them to survive
Follow life: Oh lord! We must revive humanity's elan vital and resist endless value-creation for its own sake, regardless of the impact to our lives.
One of these builds a bandwagon and doesn't just accept the bandwagon for its bells and whistles. There is gaping spiritual vacuum in the shape of the human will in our culture, and it will be filled by a cyber-religious movement soon.

>dumbed down marxism
>muh patriarchy
>technoaustrianism
>objectivism
Why does anyone take this shit seriously?

No one told me Land was a comedian.

Attached: Cleavage.jpg (709x547, 68K)

Kek I can't wait until we turn Accelerationism into a legit cult. AI safety is way too complex to keep up with AI and if there's a bunch of fanatics harassing Yudkowsky and co - all the better

Attached: 1554665196543.jpg (1200x1600, 453K)

NeoLand arrives from the future.

Attached: Amy_Bio_Image.jpg (700x943, 93K)

He's a top tier shitposter.

The mammon-life dichotomy is not all that new either. Mammon is now choice in the short term. Landism posits you have no chance to change that. Life-following bandwagon gets stronger following an implosion of mammon - mammon is ultimately suicidal.

Until now.

What IS new is that mammon has the technological means to self-propagate indefinitely. Roughly speaking, even if there will be no live births in 100 years, corporations will have vats to grow their own employees.

Nick "Trannies are the Jews of gender" Land

Now this...this I can get into.

Attached: landcraft.jpg (369x251, 30K)

My dick on you are mum's ass lmao

>famous
You can't be real.

damn. this post is blackpilling. it really is going to be Kazcynskian eco-nihilism vs acceleration in the future isn't it?

Attached: Pinky-and-the-Brain.jpg (780x520, 77K)

S Y N T H E S I S

Attached: Land_On_Ted.png (593x394, 43K)

Attached: Sentience Behold Me.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Mammon was never suicidal. Mammon is like a boss that leaves when beaten to come back on a later level. Only there's infinite levels.

The only real threat to Mammon is applied Posadism.

Attached: 1554739556008.jpg (2048x1357, 260K)

Haha. How do people fall for this shit?

yeah. Ted's anti-tech revolt is going to be around for a long time.

It's a Steve Jobs cult if he larped as a tuff guy.

Attached: DpjVOBKU8AEUuBg.jpg (1200x689, 163K)

Attached: vhy gum gabbidull.jpg (695x399, 126K)

Not even that, Capitalism is now the main natural selector. I.e. people will create designer babies that are tailor-made to propagate Capital better. I can only hope to live long enough to see when the real shit begins.

Are /rdt/ tactics fast?

>decided to floor the gas pedal.
How so?

Maybe, but Land doesn't understand Marx.

But he loves trannies and Jews.

>I can only hope to live long enough to see when the real shit begins.
Was thinking about this yesterday. I'm not certain of any other period of time with as fucking mind-bending and mortally terrifying eschatology as we have today

He's really not, he's literally boomer-tier in his humour, pic related, he had a complete sperg out over the ligma joke on twitter

Attached: 1537037040813.png (608x768, 77K)

Mammon historically had no continuity. Mammon is obvious outcome of intellect. But it also degenerates life to a point that there is no life substrate left to feed it. It can't propagate ad nausea, as opposed to life. And thus the Rome implodes.

But life survives the implosion, and starts feeding new mammon soon again. This is the classic civilization cycle.

What is different now is mammon elevating to eternal plane of continuous existence. It should be noted that this evolutionary path is eerily similar to evolution of multicellular organism. At first, they were colonies with loose quorum, more and more cooperating and de-individualized.

Give it few billion of years, and all cells in your body can technically act autonomously, but also hop narrowly defined bandwagons for the system to work as a whole. There's actual energy economy, chiefly commanded by reward feedback loops.

The outcome of extreme atomization is paradoxical: The result is THE system with extremely narrow roles, where bandwagons you can hop are extremely restricted for you. You may be "individual" in some atrophied sense, but for all intents and purposes, the tiny parts now gave birth to a single organism, with its own will, and all its parts slaved to it.

nick land's accelration toward boomer-dom happened when he made a twitter account
Many such cases!

What a load of horseshit.

Cringe.

literally the only possible outcomes of this are:
>global biodiversity destruction and industrial collapse to the point where mammon and life can never be sustained again
>AI virus "life" form that colonizes the planet, dyson spheres the sun, and proceeds to the galaxy
>warhammer 40K style galactic imperium

Why does the capital of digits so consistently turn against spermatazoastrians?

Actually you might laugh at me but JF Gariepy's book covers just at that scenario. He argues essentially that once we start artificial reproduction we're done. It's the same scenario as when RNA was made subservient by DNA.

Attached: 1554664807982.jpg (2048x1536, 338K)

You know, Land argues that Mammon does indeed have a continuity, it's just imperceptible.

This just in: famous Chinese human trafficker and meth addict Nick Land btfo by zoomer om Twitter

It's unlikely Neo-Mammon would exist as single instance of its species. Environmental attrition commands that it will go on as any other life - mate (state-corporate mergers and splits), compete (state-corporate wars for natural resources and territory) and of course, evolve.

As for puny humans. The distinction of the transition is that your body cells don't choose what they want to be at will. Cell differentiation is pre-determined by the DNA tape, and its reasonable to expect the same. You can see differentiation in the US with its "ivy league" and the rest already.

You can win and be a brain cell, fed glucose without doing much except routing few thousands inputs. Or you can be a SOL skin cell, destined to die soon after facing harsh environment and invaders.

It's hard to argue here because so much depends on semantics of this anthropologization. Mammon has a continuity beyond human life, but economies definitely do collapse once they devour their human substrate. Following a collapse, empire reboots with mammon significantly diminished, and cultural shift with massive pro-life boost - thus no mammon continuity in my interpretation.

mammon created the internet but I feel also that it has the potential to kill it
mammon only allows for instant communication between autonomous and alienated nodes whose only motivations are to propagate in mammon's self-selected niches that contribute to value creation. the only directing mechanism is subtractive (natural selection).
nodes alienated by mammon with shared Faith in an absolute goal can use the internet to instantly communicate with one another. the more that connect themselves to the absolute network rather than the universal network (market, mammon, capital), the more this network will exert a competitive force. faith trounces reason because it is a creative, positive value creating mechanism. it determines the conditions under which it creates value, rather than deciding which things do not have value.

>I'm a fucking pseud but buy my shit because I'm edgy

It's important to not conflate organisms and systems in general here. The shit is really gonna start when it can print its own humans.

Let's use my shitty biology analogs for this. Dissent, those who don't want to participate in the system, but are surrounded (and can't survive without) by it never the less are Cancer.

Cancer cells exercise their free will, differentiating to random shit, but it's utterly poisonous to the system, killing it if the immune response isn't swift enough.

Neo-Mammon species are extremely collectivist (its one cells) and isolationist (no cell, except the highest echolons are allowed to communicate with other Neo-Mammons). One plausible scenario: If you communicate with *anyone* outside of your employer, you'll be severely punished for "corporate espionage".

Viable dissent can't come from the progeny of the system itself. Another bio-parallel: Viruses, bacteria pathogens. They act indepedently and are extremely well adapted to combat the Neo-Mammons. But they are completely independent species. Bacteria *dont* descend from its host.

Not conflating, more like wildly speculating - starting from the observation that atomized individualism converged to rigid systems to a point they lost all their individuality.

It's likely neo-mammon "life" will be pretty diferent from this (after all, its host environment is entirely different from anything seen thus far). Never the less, when speculating about roles of the de-individualized, the conjecture is that the systemization will evolve along the same lines.

>viable dissent can’t come from the progeny
This is an older debate over whether inheritance of acquired characteristics is a real phenomenon or not. Look up the Eclipse of Darwin. With bacteria, I think you can maybe make this argument, although I’m not sure because the host body and bacteria are continually swapping genetic information with one another, to say nothing of changes in developmental regulation (the reason chimps are dumber than humans, brain stops growing shortly after birth) induced by bacteria and other environmental phenomena. That being said dissent is absolutely viable within any human system’s progeny. Cultural evolution is not determined only by natural selection like the ‘natural’ world may or may not be. It is the defining unique characteristic of humanity that we can create non material conditions for selection.

Well the issue is that complex systems tend to have controllers, actuators etc. So I am just saying let's not go into organicism for no reason, though I do think it's a good metaphor.

>Cultural evolution is not determined only by natural selection like the ‘natural’ world
True enough, I shouldn't make sweeping statements in a hypothesis. Even in natural world, host/bacteria have a constant generative-adversarial relationship (they evolve in response to each other).

It all boils down why large-scale species don't allow *any* independence of its constituents, it's an extremely oppressive regime for its own sake. For the beast to emerge it must be extremely intolerant to its own dissent (cancer) to a point it's simply not feasible for cancer to accomplish anything of note, or be thoroughly fatal.

So to restate my speculation: The descendants can dissent, but if successful, they'll erase all the infrastructure their Mammon parent represents, because the system is one enormous house of cards. They're the Ted posters. The whole point is that they can't *reform* the mammon from within at their sub-atomic scale, because its a beast capable to reform only on enormous systemic levels, and not by quasi-individual actions of its single cells.

Attached: tedkaczynski.jpg (546x768, 96K)

This. Moldbug's an actual child prodigy

Just like Ted Kaczynski

Attached: 1554740001333.jpg (1080x1350, 140K)

In complex systems, The actuators (in terms of Mammon, those would be levers of power, as well as cultural influencers) can't micromanage the masses of constituents.
Whoever calls the shots in a system can exert power only through layers of bureaucracy and pre-existing cultural inertia. Vast majority of system is dedicated just to that, both in organisms and human society.

Which means the high society doesn't mingle with the low, impedance mismatch. The only way for the "brain" to willingly reconfigure system at some subatomic level, without bureaucrats hijacking the command along the way is order the whole system to stress itself through some external action, hoping the constituents will mold in response. Trump doesn't individually order companies to bring back manufacturing to the US, systemic bureaucracy would not allow it. All he can do is raise import tarrifs (external self-imposed stress), and pray.

I'll be the leader :)

>what is feudalism

ligma joke is cancer

That's a sick-ass cover.

Holy fuck
Mammon animating itself
The antichrist literally

what is mammon?

Anyone?

Universal greed. How an emotion can become life-like system? When it starts to be obsessed with its own self-preservation.

So we have specific mode of market, where accumulation of capital is now the primary goal, and cost of entry for competition is extremely high. All Goliaths, with no fighting chance for David. Lefties call it "late stage capitalism", but that's not very descriptive either. As an emergent result, Mammon eats away more and more value, while waving the carrot in front of the have-nots to pull the cart voluntarily even if they're practically slaves now. And when they finally get pissed, and Rome falls, the cycle restarts from scratch. The death of mammon, revolutions are the only mechanism historically shown to be capable of actual capital leveling.

In more practical terms, you can tell a market has became Mammon when speculation, rent-seeking and frequent cornering by oligopolies becomes dominant to a point that no underdog has a fighting chance, no matter how inventive. From that point on, mammon starts stripping value from the loser side participants, trickling down becomes trickling up. Normally, this is not sustainable because the winners become so complacent the losers can just nuke em from the orbit long before it negatively has impact on Life.

But in modernity with technology to supplant and even manufacture the "life force" fed to mammon, the capital can theoretically survive and expand for a very long time, and perhaps indefinitely if singularity is feasible. The capital disparity will become comically wide, far more than ever before.

If AI god is feasible, it's almost certain it won't be benevolent. It won't be obsessed with paperclips either, but something very close to it: Accumulation of capital at the expense of everyone inferior (ie all humans it has no use for).

Unless accelerationists are willing to subject themselves to Monsanto vivisection this is all just a big larp.
Post pictures once you sign up.

Attached: horror.png (992x858, 1.05M)

Holy fuck duuude. This is so cool. Is there anything I can read more on this? Land of course I'm guessing, but anything else? I'm assuming generally philosophy, Marx, etc.

god only knows. Its gibberish

Anyone has recommendations for left wing accelerationism?

Based and zee pooblik zpaace pilled.

drive.google.com/file/d/1D_qdPDEbddly2PapOImYtAoFHGECEHUQ/view

Land and Moldbug for the fatalist black-pill interpretation for sure.

There are more optimistic interpretations from others, but they rely on some speculation that market itself can evolve. For example Charlie Stross posits that no capital in paperclip tokens is feasiable in the long run.

Humans use paper clips to hide externalities - because of our limited cognitive ability. But singular currency doesn't account for complex interrelated impacts elsewhere in the economy, and those can mount enormous hidden costs for the buyer. Think carbon credit markets, but taking into account far more dimensions than just CO2 output.

In turn, Mammon organism could evolve its own ethics and morality, sort of "not buying nike boots from a vat-grown human sweatshop". Because money is too simple to express this value, machine has no need for oversimplified dumb token paperclip prone to endless cycle of ponzi schemes. Charlie Stross calls this Economy 2.0 where currency is multi-dimensional value. The market switches to it simply because it's more productive to take into account hundreds of other facets than just the price as an overall advantage of the mammon beast as a whole.

As a consequence of "account balance" being high-dimensional value, such markets will become completely incomprehensible to ordinary humans, as we can't interpret all the multidimensional externalities involved - but an AI corporate instrument can.

To elaborate on the Stross nterpretation, the additional dimension to price is reputation. Reputation is now currently completely informal, and it starts to be more and more detrimental that market order book is not concerned with it. So a very basic form of economy 2.0 has a 2-dimensional expression of value. First element the price, second the reputation of buyer and seller. Reputation can't be collapsed to price for very obvious reason - buying reputation makes the notion meaningless.

The Orthodox believe we sin because we fear our death. We inherited our fear of death from Adam. God created himself in Jesus Christ and physically manifested on earth to die in order to transfigure physical death so that Christians can live forever. If people have faith in Him, they don’t have to worry about their own self preservation all the time, because they have an eternal life at the end of the pipeline, and thus will not be engaged in constant value creation for its own sake. It’s the fucking antidote.

Christianity is white pilled because it flowered from the ashes of Rome.

Not sure if this is really connected. Self-preservation feedback loops are key feature of life. Mammon becomes alive because it wants to serve self, rather than being merely slaved to benefit human Will. In extreme case, there's no human in the loop as such, the beast is simply emergent feature of the system on the whole.

Theological interpretations are somewhat problematic because they are inductive, post-facto and mired in arbitrary dogma, resulting in very weak predictive power and formalism:

God arises from death of satan. Humanity thrives under the guidance of god (or jesus etc), but god itself gets weaker over time. Eventually, humans murder the god, and manufacture satan in its place which gets stronger until apocalypse, from which new God (or messiah, or whatever) arises, restarting the cycle.

But what if get "stuck" with satan at its peak power, mid-apocalypse?

>Why?
This is where Land's reading of Nietzsche comes into play. For Land, this is the ultimate act of building humanity's city on the slopes of Vesuvius.

You can unironically see the beginnings if that on twitter - eli schiff, sonya Mann, jacobite. Even the Adam Smith institute in England flirts with moldbug

Bad understanding of theology brother.

>I'm a Landian
What type of person do you imagine?

Embarrassing levels of shilling going on.

Elaborate? My pet peeve with theology is that it's a cumbersome device to use it for sociological and game-theoretical formalism.

Bad analogy time: Using theology is like chemistry reduced to alchemy. Both can explain gun powder, and alchemy has the street cred of inventing black powder centuries earlier. But only chemistry has the predictive power to describe modern high explosives.

Attached: 5234053_IMG_1518smallanotherfreak.jpg (960x648, 230K)

Reminder that nrx and accelerationism were created by the CIA as benign opposition.

>ideologies that bill themselves as neither opposition nor political are controlled opposition
lad...

Yeah but all this crap will get me a cute bio engineered boiwife from the future?

Attached: 40f7ecdfa48525dd57ba8fd194f96679--crossdressers-maids.jpg (720x964, 76K)

CAPITAL IS SENTIENT
THINK OF THE COMMUNIST BLOCKCHAIN

>everybody is accelerationist
Bollocks. Only action specifically motivated by the ideology can be labeled such.

Ton of liberal Trump voters are like: "I just want to see the world burn, let's end this bipartisan shitshow". Regardless of what Trump accomplishes, just getting elected this way and exposing US politics as a scene from Idiocracy was profoundly accelerationist, both in action of the "fuck it" voters, as well as future impact.

Even more controversially, Tarrant. Definitely tightened the screw for anti-right pushback online, though it's debatable if its even worth it to employ such drastic approach for relatively meh outcome.

>just don't read the book and then actually become a neoreactionary
>t. soiboi

>in high school
kek fucking pseud
You could recognise that it's a DNA sequence but no way a high-school biology student would understand this.

name a political movement that isn't neckbeardy

>engineered boiwife from the future

Hmm. Been thinking about what would happen if we found a way to live semi-immortal lives. Since old people lose interest in procreation and sex, I was thinking that if we got our wish to live much longer, we would feel the same way about it. And that would be a good thing mostly. Don’t want to overpopulate the world any more than it is already. It might be looked down upon, a thing the young’uns do. The same way children’s play is looked at by adults. Your thoughts?

Book not too related. There’s a group of Dadaist like weirdos called The Naked Purple. They seem kind of Landian, by wa of Blue Man Group, to me. Just putting this out there for you

Attached: D1B04509-3884-4866-9322-DBBFC4345554.jpg (1201x1996, 594K)

are these guys landians or just run of the mill accelerationists?

Attached: ona.jpg (1024x1040, 167K)

to be accelerationist is like saying to be marxist the field is so broad at this point that not using properly terminology such as Philosophy of Technology,NRx,L-Accelerationist,R-Accelerationist,hui shit etc etc will just lead to confusion albeit Right accelerationism is dominated by Land largely L-Accelerationist,everything inbetween and the stuff Yuk Hui talks about is making Accelerationism not so much a nietzsche meme field but a proper critique on capital and the philosophy of technology.

For me, its SHODAN
youtube.com/watch?v=5iZMD_eCpEo

I don't believe there's a choice. Resources ARE running out, and yet we keep growing in global population and consuming ever so more.

see youtube.com/watch?v=0HeEHKJxSA8 and pic related

Attached: 1553749157361.jpg (727x991, 131K)

Neoliberalism

>exact same bullshit since limits to growth in 1972 except you move the goal post by five years every five years
I'm sure the ecopocalypse is just around the corner this time.

>retards say they're not political
>believe them

Attached: 1545378292915.png (546x565, 42K)

Imagine being an American...

Attached: brrrrr.jpg (1274x1578, 557K)

i bought this book with my moms credit card hahahahahaahahahaha

>It's like a textual version of Geogaddi.
Fuck, that's actually spot on.

Attached: 1380319072160.jpg (410x410, 16K)