Brainlet here, what's the best place to get a quick rundown on LOTR plot so I can enjoy it's media and spinoffs...

Brainlet here, what's the best place to get a quick rundown on LOTR plot so I can enjoy it's media and spinoffs? All I know is that Sauron bad Gondor good

Attached: 51EstVXM1UL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 36K)

watch the films
the books are boring

TLOTR is actually an spin-off of Tolkien's work.

Just read the trilogy my man. You dont need to have 150 IQ to enjoy it.

wikipedia

It's not quite that simple. Tolkien gave Sauron and the men of the East a bad name just because they had a different religion and language.

Read the trilogy of you want to get into the world. Watch the movies if you are short on time. The hobbit is not interesting as an adult.

Not sure about lotr but I'm reading The Hobbit right now and is a surprisingly easy and laid-back read

Thé prose and poetic nature of LotR is a major part of the experience imo. The movies are great movies but they trade in hé poetry for action and style

LOTR is more difficult than the Hobbit, but it is a fun read and goes into more depth.

Children of Hurin is his best work.

>children's book
>surprisingly easy and laid-back
Really

The lotr books are great. Give them a try, they'll explain a lot of things in the films that don't make any fucking sense to newcomers.

Prose or verse?
I myself think the verse Beren and Luthien (The Lay of Leithian) is his finest work, even though it's unfinished.

Watch the movies I guess. But really read the books.

In my opinion you shouldn't be higher than 110.
I was unable to get through this humorless, black and white world. If you want interesting epic fantasy, check out Epic of Gilgamesh

To be honest it was good to follow the story from the POV of a good , proud and beautiful people i know it sound gay but not everything has to be anime and dark , i agree it almost feels like Jesus vs satan but it still work

Just read the books. It's just words on a page after all.

Only a sub 110 IQ would miss the nuance of Tolkien's Middle-Earth and think it's literally just black vs white.

New Testament has Jesus being tempded by evil, Pontius Pilate washing hands and Judas being a tool in fulfilling a prophecy. Still the world in that story is black and white to me. Compare that fable to your world and maybe you'll understand the difference.

A story can have good and evil and still give both sides nuance enough to be interesting. Only an idiot would miss out on that nuance in LotR.

since nobody will actually answer the original answer, I'll do it
there's this midget who finds an invisibility ring that's the crown jewel of a large collection of rings that make their owner godlike, so his nephew has to then go on an adventure to evil lava land and throw the ring into a volcano. an oculolinctus connoisseur is trying to collect the rings in the general area around the volcano so he can rule the world, so the midget needs to get through without getting caught. he gets help from tons and tons of side characters, including: elves who don't matter, dwarves who don't matter, Dumbledore (who matters for about 10 minutes), and Dobby (who matters for about 5 minutes)
if you want specific names, go read the wikia or watch the movies, whatever

LOTR sucks if you're not into botany, don't waste your time with pop culture trash