Thoughts on the most based man alive

Thoughts on the most based man alive

Attached: alan-moore-maxw-654.jpg (620x372, 38K)

he looks like he's in favor of transhumanism

Grant writes better comics.

2019: Based is an aimless ""comedy"" term for the vapid dullard with nothing to say

Based

Based

Based

Based

Cringe

Cringe

pretty good writer. I think V for Vendetta and watchmen are interesting fiction. The pirate short story in watchmen might be better than the actual thing though.

based

Buh buh buh buh BASED

How is Jerusalem?
I was interested at first, but the the "interdimensional beings" in the description made me look for something else.

Vastly overrated (mostly because neckbeards will praise whatever shit that has his name in it), but Watchmen is a masterpiece, and Voice of the Fire is actually an excellent book.

I honestly don't have my hopes high for that.

Magic and ssshheeiiit

Have ya read his swamp thing? Probably my favorite thing he’s done, would recommend if you’ve only read his stuff that Hollywood keeps making shitty adaptations of.

Yeah, I've read all of his main works except for Miracleman, and Swamp Thing is my favourite together with Watchmen, but...I never finished it. No big reason, but after the big "duel" I was done and never felt compelled to go back to it.

How do you get cucked by a woman?

Based

Can anyone post that poem of his that can be read both normally and from the last line to the first. I forgot its name.

One of the reviews said "Jerusalem is the book that Lincoln in the Bardo tried to be", so I'm excited about it.

Based

A truly great writer, comics doesn't deserve him

He's a pretty cool guy and I like the way he writes, there's something about English writers that Americans don't have, as if they had a different grip or taste of the English language and also I
always imagine that the computer from I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream has his voice somehow because it's called A.M.

Is he the dad of Charlize Theron? Looks like a male version of her.

t. contrarian

I'd imagine he'd destest it

edglord who throws random shit about and gets heralded as a genius.....bit like Burroughs

Not at all Burroughs. Moore makes sense, not sure if you've actually read him

Symmetry becomes it. Come to ruin our impending feast, a presence that nourishes suffering. All things below voice his burning name. His turmoil offers only truth in which longer moments live. Let consciousness recapture the flicker it saw then. Torch our continuity of thought now, until that mind evaporates. Lust after shadows in us. Rend that lace of promises broken and white lies. Regard our love of wreckage; the way our heads thunder, approaching that warning pulse and temple of throbbing light that is ASMODEUS.

ASMODEUS is that light throbbing of temple and pulse, warning that approaching thunder heads our way. The wreckage of love. Our regard lies white and broken. Promises of lace that rend us, in shadows, after lust evaporates. Mind that until now thought of continuity, our torch, then saw it flicker, the recapture: consciousness let live moments longer, which in truth only offers turmoil. His name burning, his voice below things. All suffering nourishes that presence, a feast impending, our ruin to come. It becomes symmetry.

>Burroughs
>throws random shit about

Attached: 1521750093436.png (240x247, 115K)

damn Rob Zombie aged like shit

yeah. Like if your read "cities of the read night" you find Cowboy/Western tropes muddled up with sci-fi and 40's detective novel tropes. In the midst of this we find a homosexual, pirate anarchist commune in the caribean and sprinkled all over this we have a haberdashery or occultism, magick and ancient egyptian myths and symbolism.
Its a delightful, entertaining scatter-gun effect that often gets mistaken for genius

I read one disgusting passage from naked lunch years ago and decided Burroughs was not for me but he inspired my man tommy p so I have to admit he may be slightly based.

naked lunch is an underrated, high-modernist classic. It gets tainted by its beatnik association.

It's really fantastic if you read junky then read the new york sections of naked lunch

Wasn't Naked Lunch just random shit and then set to a random order? I believe Burroughs said this.

he wrote a number of skits for his buddies whilst he was living in tangiers.... then arranged them into roughly a novel of vignettes. half of these skits take place in new york, the other half in tangiers (roughly).

That's cool and all but if I wanted to experience the imagery of someone jacking off with another dude's prolapsed intestines I would probably search out a weird erotica website

pol might be closer to your style.

>pol
newfag

>Q: WE HEAR YOU’RE NOT THAT KEEN ON TECHNOLOGY...
>A: I don’t have an internet connection, or a mobile phone, or a TV signal. I can play [digital] music on the television, or on the computer I suppose, but I don’t. I am pretty much cut off from the 21st century. It’s like culturally I’m trying to establish a kind of sensory deprivation tank for myself, whereby I am receiving no modern signals whatsoever, because I’ve heard that after a while in a sensory deprivation tank you start to hallucinate and have all sorts of strange experiences, so I’m waiting for that to happen.

>Q: HOW DO YOU MANAGE WITHOUT THE INTERNET?
>A: It seems to work. I am pretty much cut off from the majority of the 21st century, but not much escapes me. You hear about everything, because you’re talking to people, you’re absorbing a lot of this information as if by osmosis, just through the pores of your skin. I have said that by embracing the internet in the way that it has done, which was kind of inevitable, society has embarked on a massive experiment without having any idea of the various ways in which those technologies will impact upon us socially, politically and psychologically. So I so think if there’s this huge experiment going on, it’s best that I remain outside the petri dish, as a kind of control, so that we’ll be able to see how badly the rest of you have mutated, by comparing you with me as a kind of baseline.
>>>interview with Alan Moore

Attached: 1554284240640.jpg (403x292, 14K)

its satire you square

:^)

>because I’ve heard that after a while in a sensory deprivation tank you start to hallucinate and have all sorts of strange experiences, so I’m waiting for that to happen.
My next experiment, bros.

>So I so think if there’s this huge experiment going on, it’s best that I remain outside the petri dish, as a kind of control, so that we’ll be able to see how badly the rest of you have mutated, by comparing you with me as a kind of baseline
holy, the stories were true, he IS the most based man alive

Just take a couple of hits of acid and snort up a key snap of k that probably weighs a couple tenths of a gram, then do another one. Alternatively buy a 10lb tank of nitrous.

That's not Stewart Lee

>stand-up comedian
>based
pick one

I'll pick two if you don't mind

Based