Acts like an asshole to everyone

>acts like an asshole to everyone
>it's just philosophy, m8, no reason to get steamed, innit?

what was his fucking problem?

Attached: Jean-Bernard_Restout_-_Diogenes_Asking_for_Alms[1].jpg (619x471, 30K)

He was thousands of years ahead of his time.

douchebags are not a new phenomenon

He was a victim to his own pathological intellectualism. In the grand scheme of things, Diogenes is a footnote.

>Plato contemplates cupness
>Diogenes btfos Plato because of his “cuplike” mind
>gets people angry by cutting right to the heart of a matter
>lives by his word
>shallow NPCs get heated because that’s how they’re programmed
>”douchebag”

user, there’s a point where you have the choice to either break old limits or regress into civilian comforts. Diogenes kept pushing his boundaries as well as the boundaries of other’s thoughts, assuming he isn’t fictional. OP offered a gross oversimplification, and that’s what you operated in in your reply.

More than you’ll ever amount to, amiright?

>hee hee I deliberately misunderstand the work of others while having no original thought of my own I am so clever and worthy of being remembered

bunch of losers on an internet forum talking shit about a man who created his own philosophy and actually lived by it.

Attached: 1510353661368.png (128x128, 40K)

The paradigm back during the pinnacle of Western thought involved rigorous logical consideration of any axiom being examined. Plato did sound like the idiot in that matter.

With respect to his work, he was surrounded by very intellegent men that served as inspiration for his writings. If philosophy was the Pelopenesian war, Plato was Herodotus.

living in primality is not created a philosophy.

boiling his philosophy down to primality is just false

Also, just because your post reeks of sjw pseud, I’ll continue for your own sake.

A work in itself is generally left as an artifact of it’s originator’s existence, or for their desire to probe the depth of human knowledge. Any examination into such work involves this truth: we will never understand thinks like Plato did. We may have an idea, or even some intuition on how he came upon his ideas, but they nonetheless are subject to interpretation.

When we strive to learn something new, we have to use definitions and the mental formations that accompany them to construct what it is an original text is trying to convey, much like an archeologist would assemble weathered bones to speculate on which ancient organism is under present observation.

If you aren’t engaging with the most thoughtful and thorough examination of the human condition in a way that challenges your existing schemas and notion, you are the one who is misunderstanding Plato.

Now dye your hair back to its natural color and take a personal inventory of yourself. I still smell the amniotic fluid behind your ears.

HE DIDN'T HAVE A PHILOSOPHY. HE WAS JUST A DICKHEAD

you make a good point, user. i concede.

THANKS

>sees boy drinking river water from his cupped hands
>abandons his wooden bowl as a a result
>hears Plato’s definition of man
>instantly BTFO’s one of the “smartest men in philosophy” based on intuition

You have to imagine that maybe we’re not getting much of the story, as no writings were left which explored his philosophy, assuming he was real. Although, his presence in the annuls of history suggests he was. He was on a higher level than Alcibiades.

>bunch of losers on an internet forum talking shit about a man who created his own philosophy and actually lived by it.
How do you know that I'm not living my own philosophy right now?

Not anymore right than you'd be saying the same thing about almost anyone else alive today. (By the way, Diogenes would criticize you harshly for caring what amounts to what, you edgy brainlet)

Keeping a hand flexed on your phallus with a bottle of lotion close by while you shitpost on Yea Forums is a philosophy if I’ve ever heard one.

>instantly BTFO’s one of the “smartest men in philosophy” based on intuition
What Diogenes said about the chicken is unironically a strawman.

i don't but i imagine you would have a bit more respect for diogenes if that was the case.

Attached: 1510893835064.jpg (1058x1058, 215K)

I wonder if chan philosophy will be studied as closely as Diogenes'

do you think diogenes would extend that same respect?

And here we see an user contradicting himself. First he stated that Diogenes was a victim to his own pathological intellectualism, yet user lashes out at an user calling him out, on the grounds that Diogenes would call user out for caring about what things amount to. Next he postulates that Diogenes is a footnote in the grand scheme of things, yet here we are in a thread dedicated to Diogenes. in calling user an edgy brainlet, user so clearly demonstrates a prevailing symtom of this “pathological intellectualism” he so fervently refers to! It’s almost as if user values his intellect so much that the worst insult in his eyes are ones that are meant to degrade the intellects of others.

user, this thread is a shining example of Diogenes’ legacy. Don’t fuck it up with your ego and I’ll trynot to do the same.

>with a bottle of lotion
Imagine thinking everyone's had their dick mutilated because you're American.

Attached: raw.png (320x286, 116K)

I mean, he’s pretty much the epitome of a shitpost.

It wasn’t. It addressed a fatal error Plato makes in defining “man”.

Imagine thinking an American has the empathy to consider yor philosophy. I was referring to myself.

>It addressed a fatal error Plato makes in defining “man”
chickens are not featherless animals. plucking a chicken does not mean it is not a feathered animal, it just means it is not a feathered specimen.

Diogenes presented the chicken as “Plato’s man”. A chicken during these times would likely be plucked before being sold at the market. Therefore, at one point Plato’s man was plucked, boiled, and stuck in a stew, by definition.

herodotus didn't write about the peloponnesian war. that was thucydides

Yes but this is the entire stupidity that diogenes is criticizing is pladophile's autistic abstraction of human nature, which when wanting to encompass the sheer plurality of human experience leads to reductio ad absurdum. If your framework leads to an output of man as a "featherless biped" then you're a fucking idiot 500 bc or 2019 ad