Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me

>Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me.
What a fucking Alpha. Godc.ucks BTFO

Attached: Ahab.jpg (1024x753, 236K)

who?

Captain Ahab.

Alluh Akbar

Literally who is that?

Captain of what?

And because of this, he gets himself and everyone else killed.

He punches the suns lights out?

Nah, that would’ve been kinda bizarre and probably effected the overall quality of the book.

It would've been a pretty fucking neat twist though

If that happened I'm not even sure what Moby-Dick would be classified as in the literary canon nowadays. Maybe he could have jumpstarted some wacky radical theology-based absurdist movement decades before its time as a direct counter to the American transcendentalists actually Melville just does this himself anyway when he wrote the absolute hodgepodge that's The Confidence Man which makes Henry James look like a joke

As far as I'm aware most of the Godcucks in history died as well. At least he went down fighting.

Attached: chadlifeextensonist.png (1700x850, 353K)

And all of the sailors too? I wonder the life quality of their families after their deaths.
Try thinking beyond internet jokes. You might enjoy it.

The captain obsessed with Moby Dick

most metal book in the canon

The Pequod

The Confidence Man is actually a really great and interesting book.

The Confidence-Man is one of the most interesting overlooked novels in the American canon. It's like a postmodern Canterbury Tales before modernism even existed.

the what?

Does anyone but anglocucks read Moby Dick for real?

I'm a literature professor at an esteemed university in paris, rest assured Melville and most other american authors are regarded as something of a joke here.

You're a fraud, the americans are all the rage in French literary circles right now. Frenchies have been sucking Faulkner's dick for decades.

And how daft do you have to be to shit on Melville of all people ? Remember Giono was gay for him.

Maybe he should have thought about what the sun might do when he strikes it.
Ahab got absolutely BTFO by our Lord God in his hubris and arrogance

fuck off anglo you're making all that up and quite frankly it's pathetic.

COPE

Si t'es français tu sais que je pense que tu as un coq de un enfant

I'm French actually, and the popularity of Faulkner in France is well-documented. Likewise Giono wrote "Pour rendre hommage à Melville" (you know who Giono is right?).

But you need to look no later than Baudelaire to see great French writers being influenced by American literature. Add Mallarmé and Valéry for good measure. The influence of those three is massive enough that even if you weren't LARPing and were legitimately a uni prof your opinion would still be dwarfed by them.

shut up fags

Low effort shitposting is sad even when it is tongue-in-cheek.

you got btfo, how does it feel?

you fool! I was arguing with myself to prove a point! all the posts were authored by me!

New to this board, huh?

Interesting, the French are regarded as a joke everywhere but France

>that one parisian literature professor who goes on 4channel instead of fucking his students

What is moby dick even about?

sperm whales and seamen

>aging is a disease that needs to be cured
*locks you in a coffin and buries you 10m underground forever*

Attached: 1534861548752.png (431x492, 265K)

Clickbait "Did you know these crazy whale facts?!" for a couple hundred pages.

Wash your harpoon

>I'm a literature professor at an esteemed university in paris
Why would someone do that, go on the Internet and tell lies?

The point is that if the sun can fuck with him then he can fuck with the sun, ever a fair play between each other.

Reminder Ahab isn’t a Christian. Read what Elijah says about him as well as the whole passage that quote is from.

Exactly, he's the only one man enough to call God out on his bullshit.

The Pequod

a tale of a whale and a whale of a take

just read it dude with an open mind and keep no expectations. you'll enjoy it

Based allahu Akbar poster